Image Quality and Framebuffer Speculations for WIP/alpha/beta/E3 games *Read the first post*

Ghostbusters

360 - 1280 x 720 2 x AA
PS3 - 960 x 540 QAA :eek:

(I used the shots from Lens of Truth that are rather highly compressed, I'd have to double check once I get my hands on it)

Ghostbusters

PS3 - 960 x 540 QAA :eek:

That is going to be a bit hard to the eyes.

Someone here earlier mentioned that the PS3 version also suffers from screen tearing...if thats true than the image quality is taking quite a big hit here.
Though I've only played the 360 version & noticed Screen Tearing is present in that too. ;)

Is it possible that 720p mode is closer to 720? do we possibly have another Rainbow Six : Vegas on our hands?

If not, and it's THAT bad all the time, I'm unfortunately going to have to pass on Ghostbusters, that's pretty disgustingly poor...

Is there any sort of guide that explains in detail how to calculate the actual image resolution like MazingerDUDE did? I am really intrigued.

Just a note. Lens of Truth captured their footage with Component on both consoles. How reliable is the Ruliweb footage?

When was the Ruliweb footage taken. Apparently the engine might have been improved for retail release. Meh, clutching at straws.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back