Final Fantasy XIII [PS3, X360]

Ha ha, can the ATAT fight (later on) ? It didn't trigger any attack when I ran past it.

I met the first doll in a chest where the ATATs slumber.

Ha ha, can the ATAT fight (later on) ? It didn't trigger any attack when I ran past it.

I met the first doll in a chest where the ATATs slumber.
You'll get one hell of a fight if you touch its feet!

So you didn't fight one yet, only found a doll in a chest? I think you need to visit that high plateu to make
cactuars
appear across the plains. The easiest way to get there is by chocobo. You should see a narrow canyon blocked by a really huge big stationary monster. If you get up the hill on one side on a chocobo, you can hop all the way across the canyon and land on the other side.
You'll find your first cactuar enemy here, and there'll be a cutscene with Sazh. Chase him down, defeat him, and cactuars will now appear as regular enemies on the plains.

edit: this might actually be a quest given out by a Ci'eth stone. I'm not sure.

I don't think there's any particular significance to the dolls. They're just loot items, like the other monster drops.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I backtracked into the valley to follow the side missions. I think they are taking me back to the plain now.

I will try fighting an ATAT tonight. I guess all I can see are the feet ? They are too big to fit into the fighting screen.

I know I'm going on with every post it seems, but I'm continually blown away by what SE are throwing at me on GP! THIS is what makes FF loved by most! I still can't believe some of the visuals this liitle PS3 is churning out! The sheer scale, detail, texture work, lighting (including the sublime godrays) are I think unmatched (controversial!). Even more impressive given the framerate is increadibly rock solid! I really hope people don't cut their experience short before they get to GP as it's clearly the best part of the whole game. I'd be quite happy to say (as an overall package) this is the creme de la creme so far this gen.

70hrs and counting!

I finally beat a Behemoth King fair and square. I used Xalion's trick of delaying the stagger until he stood up. Then I use "Smart Bomb" (2 Rav + 1 Sab). The Saboteur were able to debuff him after continuous attempts. The 2 Ravs took turn to interrupt him. For some reason, he'd break off his attack when he's hit. Will have to fight a few more before I can conclude whether this is a general behavior.

In fact, throughout the whole battle, I wasn't hit once after he stood up. The timing was right. All his attacks were interrupted. ^_^ (5 Stars, yum)

I finally beat a Behemoth King fair and square. I used Xalion's trick of delaying the stagger until he stood up. Then I use "Smart Bomb" (2 Rav + 1 Sab). The Saboteur were able to debuff him after continuous attempts. The 2 Ravs took turn to interrupt him. For some reason, he'd break off his attack when he's hit. Will have to fight a few more before I can conclude whether this is a general behavior.

In fact, throughout the whole battle, I wasn't hit once after he stood up. The timing was right. All his attacks were interrupted. ^_^ (5 Stars, yum)

Beat one on my 3rd attempt ;).........................Though to be fair ive been all over GP "grinding".......now im back on the quest.....gone "up the tower".........!

The hit causing the enemies attack to be interupted is the result of a debuff by your SAB. Cant remember what the debuff is called though.

How come you tend to use RAV instead of COM when attacking a staggered target?

Because sometimes, despite the debuffs, it will randomly do a Sunder followed by a devastating strike, which would kill my leader right away. If I stuck to Smart Bomb, it seemed more tame. ^_^

It's possible to eliminate the raged Behemoth King with COM once I staggered it; but it's not foolproof. I don't know the cause yet.

Anyway, I killed 4 Behemoth Kings now. Looking good. Now going to fight the freaking giant
cactaur ?

"Now going to fight the freaking giant C*****r."

I`ve just stumbled upon a vid of this (jap version) and noticed the hit points of the players characters, 15000+!! ......I feel so.......inadequote! 5000ish for my party currently.......

"Now going to fight the freaking giant C*****r."

I`ve just stumbled upon a vid of this (jap version) and noticed the hit points of the players characters, 15000+!! ......I feel so.......inadequote! 5000ish for my party currently.......
I think you need it. He has an attack that does 10k damage instantly. Not sure how you'd survive fighting him if your average HP is below that. You'd need two healers almost all the time, so that one can revive the other before the next hit.

I'll put this off until way, way later.

10.000 needles actually seems to be his only attack (at least that was the only attack he used against my party. Not the fanciest guy, but his methods are very effective no less) He's pretty fast too, so 2 healers will, at best, delay the inevitable.

I forgot to play with Chocobo. Where can I find them ? I'm already out of the plain
, fought Vanille's Eidolon and hitchhiked somewhere else

I forgot to play with Chocobo. Where can I find them ? I'm already out of the plain
, fought Vanille's Eidolon and hitchhiked somewhere else
Not to stop you now, but you've probably not worked through the necessary quests yet. You can see which stones currently give out missions on the map: the active ones blink while the ones you already solved are constant color.

At some point the stone in front of that strange red barrier will activate. The rest, as they say, is history.

Do you mean I'll get the Chocobo missions somewhere in 12 and after, or do I have to go back to the plain to activate it ?

Okay, does the game allow me to go back to the plain after I beat the boss, or do I have to do it before killing him ? I know I can take the transport back to the plain.

I spent my weekend doing Missions 1-17 before moving on with the story. I couldn't see any more missions to do actually... not sure if they open up later or if I was just over-tired by that point. Actually I lie - I could do the giant cactaur one (mission 54) but I thought that sounded like instant death ;)

Now I'm in Mah'something-or-other and will likely come back to the rest of the missions later. How long are the non-sidequest pieces left in the game?

Okay, does the game allow me to go back to the plain after I beat the boss, or do I have to do it before killing him ? I know I can take the transport back to the plain.
Yes.

You can save your game after the final cutscene. If you load that save, you're at the ending stages of the game, with all your stuff, most notably a fully unlocked crystarium thingy. From there you can teleport to Gran Pulse easily.

Back