Metal Gear Solid 4 post:#1067

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really interested to see that all female unit in combat and how they fit into the story. There really seems to be a large amount of female empowerment this time around, and I find that very interesting. This unit (there name is somewhere) as well as the Beauty and the Beast Unit I'm sure will make for great characters as well as battles. Also I have noticed that combat pants that those female soldiers are the same as the ones Vamp wears, perhaps they were trained by Vamp, maybe he's their leader or something?

"Another threat comes with Liquid's elite personal guard known as the FROGS. Another squad of superhumanly-enhanced soldiers shown in previously released trailers, this all-female squad boasts cybernetic suits that allow them to cling to walls and fire at their enemies (you) from any angle. Their speed and acrobatic skills help them avoid incoming fire, which makes them even more dangerous. This is especially true when you fight them in the remains of a dilapidated hotel rigged with booby traps, where each step could be Snake's last."

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/863/863825p4.html

"Another threat comes with Liquid's elite personal guard known as the FROGS. Another squad of superhumanly-enhanced soldiers shown in previously released trailers, this all-female squad boasts cybernetic suits that allow them to cling to walls and fire at their enemies (you) from any angle. Their speed and acrobatic skills help them avoid incoming fire, which makes them even more dangerous. This is especially true when you fight them in the remains of a dilapidated hotel rigged with booby traps, where each step could be Snake's last."

Whoa..... *flashback of Ultrabox*........ kojima sure loves self-plagiarism himself somewhat.

I'm really interested to see that all female unit in combat and how they fit into the story. There really seems to be a large amount of female empowerment this time around, and I find that very interesting. This unit (there name is somewhere) as well as the Beauty and the Beast Unit I'm sure will make for great characters as well as battles. Also I have noticed that combat pants that those female soldiers are the same as the ones Vamp wears, perhaps they were trained by Vamp, maybe he's their leader or something?

I'm not sure "Beauty and the Beast" is an all-female squad, like the FROGs. I'm just basing that off the trailer, however, nothing written or released from Konami.

I'm so impressed by how immersive it is. Hopefully, unlike AC, there will be plenty of voices that aren't repeated over and over again by the same voice actor ;)

What the hell else are they using 50GBs for? :D Seriously though, greater variety in voices is something I would love to see more of in games in general.

Thanks for posting !

As I said earlier, there's only so much I can go into right now, but this is the system seller that we've all known Metal Gear Solid 4 was going to be. This preview has only scratched the surface; we haven't even described some of the bosses, radical and innovative game mechanics, or other features that make this title a fitting conclusion to one of the best franchises in gaming. As soon as we're able, we'll bring you more details on Metal Gear Solid 4, but for more information, check out our interview with Hideo Kojima here. And for new screens of the game, click on the gallery at the bottom of the page.

:cool:

The coolest part was how the cutscene just blended out and gameplay began.....! No change at all ! Very Fluid ! Very Sexy !:cool:

Kojima is showing the way for next gen ! :p

Its MGS guys....and from this video it looks like it will be awesomest ever! why are you fighting over petty framerates? MGS 3 was smooth, and I don't think it was 60 fps! ;) Hell, I never even bothered about the framerate coz the game kept me hooked !:rolleyes:

Its MGS guys....and from this video it looks like it will be awesomest ever! why are you fighting over petty framerates? MGS 3 was smooth, and I don't think it was 60 fps! ;) Hell, I never even bothered about the framerate coz the game kept me hooked !:rolleyes:

MGS3 was 30fps with occasional slowdowns. MGS2 was 60fps with even more slowdowns.

MGS3 was 30fps with occasional slowdowns. MGS2 was 60fps with even more slowdowns.

MGS2 slowdowns were very few. Very rare. I dont know where you saw "even more slowdowns". MGS3 had much more. :???:

And still the framerate doesnt matter at all since both MGS3 at 30fps and MGS2 at 60fps had steady framerates most of the time and nothing hindered the experience or the visual quality of the game.

MGS2 slowdowns were very few. Very rare. I dont know where you saw "even more slowdowns". MGS3 had much more. :???:

Fortune boss battle was basicly a slideshow once there was explosions. Could be that I recall incorrectly, but I feel that wasn't really the only nearly unplayable part. Should play mgs2 and mgs3 again before mgs4. I'm huge fan of the series.

edit. As for mgs3, I felt it was steady slow or slower. 30fps doesn't really cut it, it's way too little. So I think of the whole mgs3 as a huge slowdown :) Actually I think it was 25fps because I have been playing european pal version and 50fps for mgs2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fortune battle was indeed one big slideshow but I don't recall any other incidents where I had major slow downs. MGS3 was pretty smooth ride for me. As long as MGS4 is +30 FPS constantly, I'm satisfied with that, even with some slow downs its fine. I can't wait for june 12.

Nice, I wonder if actually playing the game will feel as dynamic and free flowing as the video looks.

Fortune boss battle was basicly a slideshow once there was explosions. Could be that I recall incorrectly, but I feel that wasn't really the only nearly unplayable part. Should play mgs2 and mgs3 again before mgs4. I'm huge fan of the series.

edit. As for mgs3, I felt it was steady slow or slower. 30fps doesn't really cut it, it's way too little. So I think of the whole mgs3 as a huge slowdown :) Actually I think it was 25fps because I have been playing european pal version and 50fps for mgs2.

Fortune's scene did have slowdown but it was far from being unplayable. And it was one of the very few scenes that had slowdown. The game in general was still very far from suffering from many slowdowns. These moments were very far and few in between.

Fortune's scene did have slowdown but it was far from being unplayable. And it was one of the very few scenes that had slowdown. The game in general was still very far from suffering from many slowdowns. These moments were very far and few in between.

What is playable I guess is highly subjective. I find 30fps in most games still to be unplayable or near the feeling of god damn this is awfull. 60fps for action games is the minimum I go by. I suppose I have gotten this allergy for low fps from playing fps shooters on pc since long time. In general I very rarely buy games that run 30fps. I suppose mgs3 is the only 30fps game I bought for ps2.

As for fortune I think it dipped to less than 10fps at times.

Continuing off topic, I really hate the ut3 for ps3 for having 30fps. Constantly unplayable for competitive purposes.

You thought that was bad? Try trowing a grenade in the middle of those 100 soldiers in the hangar on the oil tanker... :devilish:

Now THAT is slowdown. :D

Seriously, MGS2 was excellent in the framerate department (sans Fortune boss battle perhaps). MGS3 was very noticably half the framerate, especially in first person view. Hearing that MGS4 may be infact 60 fps makes me VERY happy.

MGS2 has only ONE little loss of frames when you look directly at the sixty marines lined in front of the Metal Gear Ray, in the tanker. I have played the entire game many times, and I never saw any slowdown. Maybe you played the xbox version (it was a bad port, and it slows down often), or the pc version?

Edit: True, I forgot the Fortune "battle", it slows down, but not much, and only if there are various effects going on at the same time (flames, debris, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back