Unreal Tournament III Discussion *renamed*

Don't forget that tell to PS3 audience that UT3 was technically better than Gears is a very good PR point…
So UT3>Gears but Gears2>UT3 this is all a PR move ;)

Don't forget that tell to PS3 audience that UT3 was technically better than Gears is a very good PR point…
So UT3>Gears but Gears2>UT3 this is all a PR move ;)

Nah I think thats natural progression. I am sure 360 can do better than Gears, and I am sure that UT3 can look better than GoW1 since the developers have been working on it probably since GoW started development and they are still working on it.

PS3 and 360 are new consoles. They have lots of room to improve on their visuals

Bit-Tech have an interview with Mark Rein covering UT3, there's an interesting feature for the PS3 version which I can't say I was aware of:

http://www.bit-tech.net/bits/2007/11/11/mark_rein_ps3_physx_and_pwnage/2

So, the PlayStation 3 and PC version aren’t compatible at all?

“Not quite. There’s still some interaction between them. If you own both then you can start up your PC and set it to run a dedicated server just for PS3 and use that, which is so, so cool in my opinion."

Fairly cool but I am not sure its worth buying both just to run one as a dedicated server. What will be the max players allowed on the PS3 would really help determine if the PC version as a dedicated server would be needed.

Nah I think thats natural progression. I am sure 360 can do better than Gears, and I am sure that UT3 can look better than GoW1 since the developers have been working on it probably since GoW started development and they are still working on it.

PS3 and 360 are new consoles. They have lots of room to improve on their visuals
Yes, we all hope that a progression come with all news games and specialy with sequels ;).
But for a PR POV it's a easy Gold Win if you can say UT3 upper Gears…
Gears is actually one of the more hyped game, so a game better it… WAOUW! :D

Mark Rein

Folks,

The PlayStation 3 version of Unreal Tournament 3 has gone gold! We got news last night that Unreal Tournament 3 has been approved by SCEA and has been released to North American manufacturing.

Midway has started talking to retailers to figure out exact timing and they will have a formal announcement early next week when everyone is back from the Thanksgiving holiday. My guess is that Midway will start shipping the title to North American retailers on Monday December 10th and it could show up in stores as early as December 11th but more likely toward the middle of that week.

I think PS3 owners are going to really enjoy UT3 this holiday so make sure you get it on your shopping list!

For PAL territories, specifically UK and Europe, we have a few localization-related tasks to complete and then we should be starting the certification process pretty soon. My best guess is early next year (January or February) for the game to ship over there.

You're kidding. Delaying the PAL version in UK and Australia for localisation? I get the game two months late, but I can play in German. Yay :rolleyes:

This is the problem with "all languages on one disc". It means you have to finish the game for everyone before anyone can play it.

Good news for the yanks though :cry:

Edit: Play-Asia!

I'd like to know why he singles out the UK, surely the UK needs very little localisation. Gone are the days when you had to do some work to make it work on 576i as opposed to 480i, 720p is 720p.

I'd like to know why he singles out the UK, surely the UK needs very little localisation. Gone are the days when you had to do some work to make it work on 576i as opposed to 480i, 720p is 720p.

Well they do still need the 576i support for all those people without HDTV's ;)

Also I think Mark said (in an interview?) that one reason for the delay is that there is a lot more certification to go though in Europe.

yeah, personally, i don't think the PS3's library is that weak, especially now. there was a drought early-mid 2007, but now i've purchased 5 games in the past 2 months (Uncharted, R&C, HS, Warhawk, CoD4). previous to those, i bought CoD3 (sold it), Resistance and R6 Vegas, and i had my PS3 since launch.

Well they do still need the 576i support for all those people without HDTV's ;)

Yes, but surely now it's much easier as consoles support higher resolutions than that as standard.

Maybe there will be timing issues, but I imagine it's nothing compared to trying to get your engine to do more stuff with the slightly less power. (Unless you included a 60hz mode)

Back