Unreal Tournament III Discussion *renamed*

It's playable at the SCE floor
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2007/07/12/103,1184220786,75079,0,0.html
h-103_75079_unreal.jpg.jpg

Any news anywhere on tilt support? I can't find it so far - IGN only mentions it for the hoverboards and that kind of thing.

Any news anywhere on tilt support? I can't find it so far - IGN only mentions it for the hoverboards and that kind of thing.

I interpreted IGN piece as "not anymore for camera".
Can live with the mouse but I was curious about accuracy, latency and range issues.

While we are off topic, trailer was disappointingly fast to see anything.
Proper gameplay footage would be nice.

Apparently, Midway brought the PS3 version to E3 for demoing purposes at Sony's part of the conference. Here are some updated impressions from Gamespot's hands-on:

http://e3.gamespot.com/story.html?sid=6174560&pid=928371&tag=top_stories;title;4

As part of Sony’s annual press conference here at E3 2007, the company revealed that Epic’s Unreal Tournament 3 would be coming exclusively to the PlayStation 3 this November. While that sounds like a real bummer for PC owners, you need to remember that, for whatever reason, the console makers seem to forget that the PC exists. So the game will be releasing on the PlayStation 3 and the PC this November. Regardless of all that, Midway brought the PlayStation 3 version to Sony’s press conference, and we got a chance to play this long-awaited first-person shooter on its new console home.

This first-person shooter appears to be running quite well on the PlayStation 3, with plenty of graphical detail from top to bottom, all running at a good, firm frame rate. The demo station we saw was running a standard deathmatch against bots, allowing us to get a good feel for the controls. R1 and L1 handle your primary and alternate fire. R2 is used for dodging, something that required you to double tap the movement keys on the PC. Epic’s Jeff Morris, who was on hand to talk about the game, commented that he’s been dodging much more frequently on the PS3 due to this easy-to-use controller mapping.

Anyone got the LD on if it's running at more than 30fps?

I know Mark Reign said eons ago that the engine ran at over 40 fps without any PS3 optimisations.

it's been confirmed as a exclusive "for this year" here is the the guardian exceprt
the guardian said:
The console versions of Haze and Unreal Tournament have both been confirmed as PS3 exlusives in the run up to Christmas.
link

I wouldnt want to go up against Halo 3 either.. lol, good move for Sony though.

I don't think it's just Halo, which is separated from the initial UT3 launch by at least a month and a couple weeks. The 360 just has so many games throughout the four months.

I watched Gamespot live interview today, they confirmed 4 player online coop for singleplayer [2 player offline splitscreen], and 40 maps for multiplayer.

Great interview, lots of stuff...

I watched Gamespot live interview today, they confirmed 4 player online coop for singleplayer [2 player offline splitscreen], and 40 maps for multiplayer.

Great interview, lots of stuff...

Did they go into what exactly the single player mode comprises? Is it a series of arena matches strung together with a story ala Unreal Championship 2?

I don't think it's just Halo, which is separated from the initial UT3 launch by at least a month and a couple weeks. The 360 just has so many games throughout the four months.
agreed, maybe just too many
upcoming 360 fps
halo 3
medal of honor: airborne
blackSite: area 51
turok
america's army: true soldiers
call of duty 4: modern warfare
timeshift
brothers in arms: hell's highway
left 4 dead

Yes, I'm sure Epic wants to sit out the holiday buying session for the 360 only because of all the FPS that are coming out (almost all of those are on the PC or PS3). I'm sure it has nothing to do with an agreement between Sony and Epic.

I'm sure next May is a much better release date ;)

it looks like the tables are close to being turned 180 degrees.

just my own dumbass opinion, but it's what i believe.

on a relevant note, it really, really, sucks massive amounts of ass that there are still no ppu's of the pci-e variety.

looks like i'm never going to get maximum enjoyment out of ut3 engine games.

on a relevant note, it really, really, sucks massive amounts of ass that there are still no ppu's of the pci-e variety.

Man I have to say huh?

If you mean SPUs, there are PCI-e Cell boards by Mercury, but not for gaming and they cost more than your computer.

Back