Unreal Tournament III Discussion *renamed*

I followed the official UT3 threads for a while, they just said split screen was never coming to the PS3, no reason given. Of course the real reason is they wanted to value-add to the 360 version to get people to double dip. I'm glad they finally added it, now it's the definitive console version with split screen, Titan pack and mod support.

I'm sorta surprised they created this pack in the first place -- I wonder how much hand Midway had in it, and how much of it was Epic hoping to revitalize their (former?) flagship brand.

I am very glad Epic ported the features over. The last time I played it, it's easy to pick up, fast pace and intense.

They may need to tap on their old community to generate more buzz. The mod browser alone is not too exciting (I thought it'd be informative like a web page, and tightly integrated with the mods community and tools).

Splitscreen is cool though. I think I saw a copy in Target for $29.95 today. Perhaps the price drop is sufficient to draw in new crowd ?

I'm sorta surprised they created this pack in the first place -- I wonder how much hand Midway had in it, and how much of it was Epic hoping to revitalize their (former?) flagship brand.

I'm sure Epic justified spending resources to make these improvements because they plan to re-release this game as UT4 at some point in the future. Atleast, that is what some PC gamers seem to think will happen.

I'm sure Epic justified spending resources to make these improvements because they plan to re-release this game as UT4 at some point in the future. Atleast, that is what some PC gamers seem to think will happen.

I doubt it'd be called UT4, though, at least until UE4 is ready.

Are you seeing more UT3 servers these days ?

I have only been playing the campaign, but I open it to the public. Last time I payed I had three others in short time. I'm not sure there are may playing the new modes, but there are always bots...

Back