Unreal Tournament III Discussion *renamed*

For me, this game could easily be game of the year. The demo was simply awsome IMO and if its going to couple that level of gameplay with an amazing Gears of War-esq single player and tons more maps and game modes then i'm more than sold!

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=87233

"Right now we're very close to a release candidate, and we should have it finished by the end of this week," he told Eurogamer at an event in Birmingham yesterday. "Then we send it off and it's just a matter of what happens from there."

"We think there's a very solid shot we'll get out this year - I don't know about Europe. Europe's a problem because the certification process in Europe takes longer.

I didn't say it would be out earlier... :)

I know that i was just reffereing to that the game is finished as of gold status. Although maybe the PS3 version is gold to? Who knows, but it will shure be interestingto see the graphics for both. :D

I thought it was assumed they had some kind of timed exclusivity on PS3? That means 360 version cant come out for X months after whenever PS3 version does.

Which sucks for 360 owners.

I thought it was assumed they had some kind of timed exclusivity on PS3? That means 360 version cant come out for X months after whenever PS3 version does.

Which sucks for 360 owners.

Didnt they say it was exclusive for this year? So I guess it could come jan/feb on 360. There are so many shooters on 360 right now that is probably good for epic anyway

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=87233

eurogamer said:
"Right now we're very close to a release candidate, and we should have it finished by the end of this week," he told Eurogamer at an event in Birmingham yesterday. "Then we send it off and it's just a matter of what happens from there."

"We think there's a very solid shot we'll get out this year - I don't know about Europe. Europe's a problem because the certification process in Europe takes longer.

That reads like it's refering to the 360 version after your other post when it is in fact talking about the PS3 version, or was it an exercise to see how many people actually read the link ;)

That reads like it's refering to the 360 version after your other post when it is in fact talking about the PS3 version, or was it an exercise to see how many people actually read the link ;)

Aha, sadly the link did not display anything for me, (ISP problems?) but I trusted his words.... cant say I will do it again! :p;)

To quote the link:

"Well gosh, I should hope so considering Gears on the 360 is over a year old and UT3 hasn't shipped yet."

There's nothing interesting about that IMO either, especially since there's a 360 version of the game coming soon too. i.e. you'd hope they made some progress in tailoring the engine to the hardware.

I think its somewhat interesting because they do not say a thing about UT3 running/looking better then GoW on the 360. Which is why I said
Like to hear how its going to run on the 360 then.
I don't think I would automatically assume that UT3 would run & look better on the PS3 then GoW did on the 360. Even though its a year later there is still a debate whether or not the PS3 is better then the 360 not only on paper but in reality as well.

Its not as if they said UT3 will look & run better on the 360 then GoW did.

Recall that Epic's main focus is getting the PS3 version out of the door, and they've always promoted it over mentioning any 360 version. They'll talk about the 360 version closer to its release, and they've already had an OXM interview with Steve Polge.

I wouldn't read into Mark Rein's words about comparing the systems. All Mark is really saying is that UT3 is doing more things than Gears of War. At the same time, he's keeping focus on the PS3 version because that's what they're promoting.

Steve Polge said:
And while the game is in simultaneous development for both PC and 360, it's the Xbox that dictates the detail. "Our visual bar is based on Xbox 360," reveals Polge. "How beautiful can we make it and still have it run solid 30 frames per second? Then, after that, we go and look at PC. It's very good for keeping us focused on what we need to do, what's a reasonable spec. The Xbox 360 is powerful enough that we're not having to change the game visually. In fact, on PC, we're worried about how we scale back to lower-end PCs.

Mr. Polge doesn't even mention PS3. It may be OXM, but it's not like there's a problem mentioning multiplatform status. I would read into his words about PS3 development as much as I would read into Mark Rein's words on the 360 status -> it's a comparison that isn't even being made.

Back