game with best graphic so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just compare the video I showed you with some older screenshots.

Well, I think I've already pointed out why the video you showed is useless for comparison pics.

But, if you do want to compare the 720p version of that trailer, to screens that were out at the time, they are very close. Looking at screens released last fall, they have clearly improved over time:

Spring 2006:
1147877416.jpg

1147877415.jpg

Fall 2006:
1160089856.jpg

1160089987.jpg

Spring 2007:
1170802779.jpg

1170802781.jpg

same could be said for nearly every screen shot ever released of every game on this forum.

Yes with most of them except games like Crysis. Why? -Because theres no need to downgrade the graphics. Crysis is only for PC which means that they doesnt have to downgrade for better performance which is the biggest problem when it comes to consol games. In crysis thers something called "Settings" which lets you configure the graphics depending on how powerful your system is.
Thats why Crysis screenies looks as awesomeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii in-game as the developer-screenshots.

Yes with most of them except games like Crysis. Why? -Because theres no need to downgrade the graphics. Crysis is only for PC which means that they doesnt have to downgrade for better performance which is the biggest problem when it comes to consol games. In crysis thers something called "Settings" which lets you configure the graphics depending on how powerful your system is.
Thats why Crysis screenies looks as awesomeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii in-game as the developer-screenshots.

Actually the Crysis screenshots look wors than the videos, becouse the game has to be see nin motion the see the lgihtning, vegetaion and so on (and I mean HD videos not severly compressed bad IQ clips)...

Yes with most of them except games like Crysis. Why? -Because theres no need to downgrade the graphics.

For 0.01% of the PC gaming community. Great!

Most people in real world cases will not be able to run Crysis at full settings either.

Anyways, we've already established Crysis is the shit, it's the clear top dog, so it's more interesting to debate 2nd place imo ;) Especially, you know, since this is the console forum. Btw, Crysis is due out when exactly?

Actually the Crysis screenshots look wors than the videos, becouse the game has to be see nin motion the see the lgihtning, vegetaion and so on (and I mean HD videos not severly compressed bad IQ clips)...

I agree, thats actually very true indeed.

For 0.01% of the PC gaming community. Great!

Most people in real world cases will not be able to run Crysis at full settings either.

Anyways, we've already established Crysis is the shit, it's the clear top dog, so it's more interesting to debate 2nd place imo ;)

Look it's quite foolish of you to presume the game will need a "monster" PC to run well at high/max settings when the devs say contrary. Do you have access to the beta game, if so post some benchmarks with fraps to prove the "0.01% statement".

Anyways, we've already established Crysis is the shit, it's the clear top dog, so it's more interesting to debate 2nd place imo ;)

I agree, Theres no meaning in draging in Crysis, the graphic in crysis is like a game from next gen-again (the future). Theres no game that matches the details, graphics etc.

On second place: Wardog? It´s for PC and Xbox360 only and from what i have seen it looks pretty good!

Look it's quite foolish of you to presume the game will need a "monster" PC to run well at high/max settings when the devs say contrary. Do you have access to the beta game, if so post some benchmarks with fraps to prove the "0.01% statement".

It's no foolish at all, this game will bring most modern day PC's to their knees, I don't need a beta build to know that. The .01 was simply an exageration to make a point...

Anyways, I'm not interested debating the specs with you, the statement "There's no need to downgrade crysis gfx" completely ignores the reality of the PC marketplace, where the vast majority will indeed have to downgrade the settings to get a playable framerate. That's all I'm saying.

Look it's quite foolish of you to presume the game will need a "monster" PC to run well at high/max settings when the devs say contrary.
Okay, totally non-console orientated, but to run Crysis with MAX settings, 16x Supersampling AA at 1600 x 1200 (rendering 30 million pixels per frame), you think that'll run on a midrange engine? 'Coz that's what IGNDavid is talking about. 'Crysis screenshots are totally real, because you can set the PC to render qhatever quality you want.' As for minimum specs and recommended specs, I'm not a huge PC gamer but every 3D game I've played on PC has suffered lower quality and dodgy framerates with the recommended PC. That's why gamers buy awesome gaming rigs well beyond the recommended specs of any game. Given a lot of historical evidence in my experience, of devs saying one spec is needed, and the reality being a higher spec is needed, I'd say it's better to doubt the devs on this than take them at face value. I mean, if the real recommended spec was too high, they'd discourage sales. Better to cast the net wide and say 'even a moderate PC can run this' and let them worry about 15 fps gameplay.

I would say Mass Effect belong in the top 3 list becouse it has fantastic art. It really looks deep and immersive and I'm shure the effects done by the game engine are great!

GT:HD looks very realistic but it feels more like photos being strapped on polygons and to much flat objects like trees and so on, stil good though. Belongs to the top 5 list.

LBP looks good but upclose it's a bit less impressive (h264 HQ 720p video). Good art design though and good implementation of physics except for the ropes (looks like sticks together instead of smooth rope geometry). I dont agree that it looks realistic but it goes toward TS2 graphics but in very limited scenes compared to TS2. Seems though fun as he**!
Belongs to the top 10 list I think.
Notes,
TS2 = Toy Story 2 CG movie.
All my opinions are my opinions and not touted as facts!:D

Okay, totally non-console orientated, but to run Crysis with MAX settings, 16x Supersampling AA at 1600 x 1200 (rendering 30 million pixels per frame), you think that'll run on a midrange engine? 'Coz that's what IGNDavid is talking about. 'Crysis screenshots are totally real, because you can set the PC to render qhatever quality you want.' As for minimum specs and recommended specs, I'm not a huge PC gamer but every 3D game I've played on PC has suffered lower quality and dodgy framerates with the recommended PC. That's why gamers buy awesome gaming rigs well beyond the recommended specs of any game. Given a lot of historical evidence in my experience, of devs saying one spec is needed, and the reality being a higher spec is needed, I'd say it's better to doubt the devs on this than take them at face value. I mean, if the real recommended spec was too high, they'd discourage sales. Better to cast the net wide and say 'even a moderate PC can run this' and let them worry about 15 fps gameplay.

I see but with max settings I mean ingame settings, to use 16xSSAA would of course require much more of the GPU but 4xAA is enough. As for recommended PC requirements stated by games the are for low/medium graphics settings and games more depend on the GPU than on the CPU. Play myself with a 3200+ A64 CPU and run almost all games fluid with max/extreme settings. My GPU is the 7900GT.
But of course all devs always promise great graphics and pefomance but not all deliver. Yet I dont understand why people are asumming as a fact that a monster PC is needed, do they know more than the devs, do they have access to the beta version?
If not then what are they basing their clams on, becouse we yet have to see how DX10 affects perfomance in games apart from the devs coding skills.

1.Shifty geezer you dont have to make up things, please it´s unproffesional.
"MAX[/I] settings, 16x Supersampling AA at 1600 x 1200 (rendering 30 million pixels per frame), you think that'll run on a midrange engine? 'Coz that's what IGNDavid is talking about."

2.Maybe you should read before you post?
I said:

"You will need a IntelCoreduo2 (or AMD X2 5000+), one 8800GTX , 2gb of ram, Windows Vista (for better performance) to play Crysis maxed (DX10 effects on)out in 1280x1024 resolution with 30-60fps (when the game is finished)I guess based on the information I have got from sites and interviewers around the world.

If you can´t afford the best, theres always consoles.";) :D

But of course all devs always promise great graphics and pefomance but not all deliver. Yet I dont understand why people are asumming as a fact that a monster PC is needed, do they know more than the devs, do they have access to the beta version?

No but I have a set of eyes in my head, and it doesn't take a psychic to know that this game is going to require one hell of a rig to run smoothly at top settings.

To:IGN Dave
- No one's trolling, he's right in that this thread does not belong here. The mods have decided to give you some leeway, which is cool, but don't ruin it.

In fact, you're entire thread could be considered trolling since you deliberately posted in the console forums, with absolutely no mention of PC, asking for best GFX, and then proceeded to spam every page about a PC game Crysis and how great it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back