game with best graphic so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, totally non-console orientated, but to run Crysis with MAX settings, 16x Supersampling AA at 1600 x 1200 (rendering 30 million pixels per frame), you think that'll run on a midrange engine?

Is it possible to use 16x SSAA on a single GPU? Im guessing the most you could get would be 8x SSAA depending on how it works.

Putting aside G80's 16xCSAA, how does SS Transparency AA work on a G80? I.e. is it 4x SSAA when you have 4x MSAA turned on and 8X SSAA when you have 8x MSAA on? And does Transparency SSAA cover the whole screen or does it work on only selected parts of the scene (while MSAA works on others)?

Either way I tend to agree that maxxed out with max AA/AF and 1920x1200 resolution you might struggle with even 2 G80's in Crysis.

No but I have a set of eyes in my head, and it doesn't take a psychic to know that this game is going to require one hell of a rig to run smoothly at top settings.

Look you have to understand that you cant base your opinion on how DX9 affects the current games perfomance when this will be a DX10 game utilizing DX10 functions to improve perfomance over what would be possible under DX9.

Look you have to understand that you cant base your opinion on how DX9 affects the current games perfomance when this will be a DX10 game utilizing DX10 functions to improve perfomance over what would be possible under DX9.

I'm not expecting any miracles with DX10, so we'll see.

Recommended specs for this game are Athlon X2, 1.5gb RAM, GTX 7800, and it will take alot more than the recommended specs to run at full settings. IMO, that's one beefy rig, but if you don't think this will be the case, that's fine too, don't want to spam up this thread anymore.

I'm not expecting any miracles with DX10, so we'll see.

Recommended specs for this game are Athlon X2, 1.5gb RAM, GTX 7800, and it will take alot more than the recommended specs to run at full settings. IMO, that's one beefy rig, but if you don't think this will be the case, that's fine too, don't want to spam up this thread anymore.

Just as a final note about this Crysis discussion. You have to notice that the recommended specs you listed has a GPU that is a DX9 GPU!
DX10 perfomance improvements apply only to DX10 certified GPUs!

Just as a final note about this Crysis discussion. You have to notice that the recommended specs you listed has a GPU that is a DX9 GPU!
DX10 perfomance improvements apply only to DX10 certified GPUs!

Well then, that doesn't make much of a case for the majority of existing PC gamers being able to play at full settings!

Well then, that doesn't make much of a case for the majority of existing PC gamers being able to play at full settings!

but as I wroght before theres something called "Settings" in Pc-games which allows you to adjust the graphics depending on how powerful your PC is. Which means that thoose who doesnt have Dx10 is gonna have the possibilty to lower some graphic settings depending on their GPU and still have good framerate. Crytek is working hard with optimizing for older computers. ;) :D

True not many have a DX10 capable card. But you see one might still be able to play Crysis with high settings good just as long as the AA, aniso and resolution is acommodated to fit the GPUs/multiple GPUs perfomance.
Truth is that Cerlat Yevi in an interview said that the game runs well with medium/high settings at 1280x1024 resolution with a x1900xtx card.
But if max settings and high res is prefered then one simply has to purchase a DX10 certified GPU to get max settings no mather how much I hurts to put up those sums on the computer shop desk!

Wow, the thread started bad and actually got worse: Listening and respecting other opinions are key ingredients to a discussion. Calling each other out doesn't exactly improve the discussion either.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back