game with best graphic so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crysis looks great but really, what kind of rig will you need to make it look its best?

And then, its a shooter. Lord knows we need another one of those.

I think Little Big Planet looks great. Probably beaten by Crysis but not beaten in the innovation and gameplay department.

By the time Crysis releases there should be plenty of setups capable of maxing it out. Im thinking at least 4 single GPU's from Nvidia and another 2-3 from ATI.

Unfortunately it does not work that way..

It reminds me of one of the ceiling paintings at Versailles - there are painted statues at the edges that look completely 3D and believeable, and yet they are painted. I was fooled by them completely, and not until I started walking around more did I notice they were actually painted. The illusion was enhanced by clever spotlighting, very interesting.

Versailles is an amazing place for inspiration, really incredible. Overall Versailles is mostly far too much, most rooms are totally crammed with stuff so that everything is total overkill, but if you take the rooms in one detail at a time, there are so many wonderful ideas and details. Great stuff.

One game with mostly great graphics is Armed Assault. But the game still has a lot of graphical glitches that need to be fixed. Not as good lightning as Crysis but still nice and the shadows are dynamic and the game has real-time day time cycle. The screenshots are far blurrier than they should, dunno why but perhaps becouse fraps free edition takes them with lower IQ (bmp low quality perhaps).:???:

arma2007-03-1916-37-06-43.jpg

arma2007-03-1916-36-51-20.jpg

arma2007-03-1916-25-17-20.jpg

Awesomeiiiii screenshots, looks better than any consol game i´ve seen so far.

To: PJBLiverpoll
You will need a IntelCoreduo2 (or AMD X2 5000+), one 8800GTX , 2gb of ram, Windows Vista (for better performance) to play Crysis maxed (DX10 effects on)out in 1280x1024 resolution with 30-60fps (when the game is finished)I guess based on the information I have got from sites and interviewers around the world.

If you can´t afford the best, theres always consoles.

Time to take this thread in a slightly different direction... :)

Of all the games I have, the one that makes me 'forget' I'm playing a game, makes me say wow the most.. It's not gears. It's test drive unlimited.
Sure it can look like complete arse, and has some horrific graphical bugs, but when it works it looks utterly spectacular. Visually it's the most inconsistent game around.

I tried to capture what I mean... Took a few pictures, but they really don't do it justice.
http://hungryspoon.com/random/tdu/

And for sheer world size, I don't think there is a better looking game you can buy.

I agree... very under rated and the sheer SCOPE of the thing and number of elements on the screen at once while doing so is a testament to the quality. Any game can look good in small environments or with limited number of elements on screen, but considering this game is nearly a year old and looks better than that while playing... they deserve some respect.

Mass effect looks very good on thoose screenshots, unfortunaly the game doesnt look as good when you play in-game. It´s just like halo 2, in-game looked good and when it switched to "cinema"-mode it looked AWESOMEiiiiiiiiiiiiii!;)

Mass effect looks very good on thoose screenshots, unfortunaly the game doesnt look as good when you play in-game. It´s just like halo 2, in-game looked good and when it switched to "cinema"-mode it looked AWESOMEiiiiiiiiiiiiii!;)

There is no cinema mode in ME, or at least I remember reading somethign to that effect, it's all rendered by the same engine, ingame without load screens.

This for example, is smack dab in the middle of a combat sequence:
1173209606.jpg

One game with mostly great graphics is Armed Assault. But the game still has a lot of graphical glitches that need to be fixed. Not as good lightning as Crysis but still nice and the shadows are dynamic and the game has real-time day time cycle. The screenshots are far blurrier than they should, dunno why but perhaps becouse fraps free edition takes them with lower IQ (bmp low quality perhaps).:???:

Thats actually really impressive! Especially that last shot!

Some of them are actually a bit falsed up.
Heres a in-game video:
http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=31690
Notice the difference between some of your pictures and in-game

Lol, not only is that video squished from 16:9 to 4:3, and compressed to all hell, it is 5 months old. And reportedly, is the same demo that the press was shown at E3 2006, nearly 12 months ago.

These latest shots are only 2 weeks old. And if you look at the full resolution you will see quite a bit of aliasing, which indicates they are not touched up much, if any

Btw, you should check out that trailer at 720p on marketplace, it's been there since last fall, and looks much better than that super compressed video. With the correct aspect ratio too, which helps ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh i dindt know that the video was so old. Thoose pictures you have posted are made by the in-game engine but still it doesnt mean that it looks so good when you play the game. Just compare the video I showed you with some older screenshots. You see my point. But it´s is going to be fun to see how it´s going to look when it comes out, I think it´s going to look good but not as good as thoose screenshots (Thoose pictures are also to antialised if you didnt notice, it shimmers when you play.) .

....I think it´s going to look good but not as good as thoose screenshots (Thoose pictures are also to antialised if you didnt notice, it shimmers when you play.) .

same could be said for nearly every screen shot ever released of every game on this forum.

arma2007-03-1916-37-06-43.jpg

arma2007-03-1916-36-51-20.jpg

arma2007-03-1916-25-17-20.jpg

What drawdistance do you have? Thoose in-game screenies are Awesomeiiiiiiiiii.:D

Mass effect shure looks good, the artwork is great but I wonder how long the draw distance will be with such high res textures as show in the screenshots Scooby posted.

What drawdistance do you have? Thoose in-game screenies are Awesomeiiiiiiiiii.:D
The draw distance is tweaked beyond "maximum" to 20KM and the rest of the settings are max except for DoF which is set to low becouse it blurs the games graphics to much.:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back