game with best graphic so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, how about a different approach, on a purely technical basis, putting aesthetics aside, which game is achieving the most from a technical perspective?

Or put a different way, from a code/features point of view, taking artwork completely out of the equation, which current or upcoming game is most like the average game we expect to see in 5 years?
That's not an answerable question, because they're different techniques for different genres. You won't get a future 2.5D game using technology like Crysis, or a future Crusys game using the illumination tech of LBP. All we can do is appreciate technical achievements. Comparing them is futile. It's like 'which is better, a tractor or an F1 car?' They're different vehicles for different jobs, even though fundamentally they're the same. The technical achievements of each are very different to satisfy different roles. Either 'better' has to be reduced to individual aspects (which has the best draw distance? The most triangles per second? The most shader instructions per second?) or accepted as 'which do you like the most?' which is mostly a personal aesthetic.

The only time technical aspects can be compared is between games with the same requirements. Given the same scope, environmentals, characters, particle requirements, etc. which FPS has the best engine? That's a valid question.

Theres NO doubt that CRYSIS has more advanced technology, polygons, calculations, physics than LBP I mean just take a look on these screenshots and tell me what looks better on LBP.
And if my post is being ignored I take it as you guys cant post anything that looks better on LBP than Crysis.
:D
cryengine2-tech1.jpg

And check out this one to.:p
http://www.crysis-online.com/Media/Images/Screenshots/environment_set6_new.jpg

Theres NO doubt that CRYSIS has more advanced technology, polygons, calculations, physics than LBP I mean just take a look on these screenshots and tell me what looks better on LBP.
And if my post is being ignored I take it as you guys cant post anything that looks better on LBP than Crysis.

That does look stupendously good, but to be fair, that seating scene isn't in Crysis the game as far as I know, its just a tech demo of the Cryengine 2. Still, perhaps they will be able to incorporate this level of realism in to the game? Unfortunatly, I havn't seen any indoor scenes to do so yet.

What stops Crytek from puting that house into the game? you see my point PJBliverpool right.
The lightning looks almost exactly like Global ilummination.:smile:

cryengine2-tech1.jpg

Video here for those interested : http://www.imagtp.com/media/video/Press_Kit.avi

Anyway, everybody should stop comparing Crysis to LBP please. Differentes engines for different purposes and games.

You understand the difference between realtime dynamic lighting and precalculated static lighting on environments, right?
The reason your posts are being ignored is because you don't understand what you're talking about, or how to argue technical aspects. Comparing images like that is nigh-on useless. You can take a few photos, paste them onto in-game boxes and sprites, and recreate a photo exactly using sod-all technically abilities. Pre-baked GI lighting provides just that for realistic lighting - paste a 'photograph' on a wall to make it look real. Do you know what lighting method Crytek are using in the indoor reference pic? Because it could be anything from an amazing realtime GI solver, to primitive static illumination maps, and without that knowledge, the screenshots are useless. (You can find the answer on the Cryengine specs page if you're actually interested in learning stuff)

Cryengine 2.0 has some great technology. For realtime large-scale, natural looking landscapes it's awesome. But it doesn't do everything better than everyone else, as you seem to think; no engine does. They run on finite hardware and need to make compromises on calculations to perform. Crysis certainly doesn't look photographic in every case. I saw a demo where the player crouched low on the ground, and it looked like every other FPS. There was a flat grass texture with a few 3D plants sticking up. Cherry-picking screenshots is going to hide those limits, or bring them to unfair attention - a common fault when people reference screenshots to prove a point.

This Topics name is: game with best graphic so far!. But I understand what you mean, Crysis developers (crytek) wants the game too look real. Different purposes, I agree.
But still theres many guys that thinks LBP is better looking, cant understand why and thats why I have posted screens.
EYE CANDY!:oops:
Comparison-02.jpg

I do not know a great deal about technology involved in making games, but I do know LBP is the first game that has ever really blurred the line between real and computer generated.

If it came on TV without prior knowledge of it, I would never have said it was a game.

It is fairly easy to spot what's a game and what isn't even with games that look as good as GT5, I don't think that remains the case with LBP.

But still theres many guys that thinks LBP is better looking, cant understand why and thats why I have posted screens.
Posting screens isn't going to change their mind or argue your case very well. Aesthetically, people know what they like. Stills don't capture the animation, which is part of the graphics experience, or dynamic lighting, which is a huge part of the impact of graphics. Nor do stills show how the game looks in all situations, and presumably 'best graphics' means an average experience rather which has the peak best experience - otherwise the best graphics award would go to a cheapo FPS using no clever techniques but with a room with a detailed prerendered scene that's photoaccurate! Select eyecandy doesn't describe the performance of your choice of best-looking game in any of those aspects.

And yeah almost forgot, thoose screenies Ive posted has not been enchanced in photo-programs.
For shure the best looking game in my eyes and that includes all types of graphics. I like reality i dont like toystory.

Hey you guys should check out this screenie. It´s a techdemo to Geforce 5800fx.
Now does this look like TOYSTORY???? :D It´s a bad quality picture so it may look a bit weared.

Is'nt this thread in the "CONSOLE GAMES" section:???:

And we all know GT5 will be the most phototrealistic game out when its released :p

You understand the difference between realtime dynamic lighting and precalculated static lighting on environments, right?

To be fair though Shifty, all those shadows are fully dynamic, they are actually created by the sunlight outside and the vid shows them moving as the time of day changes. Its pretty amazing.

Oh I dindt bother to read his post, did he really wirght that?
Thoose shadows are 100% real dynamic soft shadows. You should check before you wright Shifty Geezer ( only a tip ) . ;)

Those look great. There's one or two weak spots but I'm just trying to imagine it in motion. If the lighting (and animation) is good this could look stunning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back