game with best graphic so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comparison-02.jpg

Now that's more like what water and terrain are supposed to look like.
I'm thinking about a certain game with flying lizards here...

Based on what the developers have said theres no pssibilty for consoles to run the game at a decent framerate with thoose setting you saw on that picture.:cry:

What is the PC hardware spec for running something like that ? (30 or 60fps @ 720p or above)

Lets keep it real

You understand the difference between realtime dynamic lighting and precalculated static lighting on environments, right?
The reason your posts are being ignored is because you don't understand what you're talking about, or how to argue technical aspects. Comparing images like that is nigh-on useless. You can take a few photos, paste them onto in-game boxes and sprites, and recreate a photo exactly using sod-all technically abilities. Pre-baked GI lighting provides just that for realistic lighting - paste a 'photograph' on a wall to make it look real. Do you know what lighting method Crytek are using in the indoor reference pic? Because it could be anything from an amazing realtime GI solver, to primitive static illumination maps, and without that knowledge, the screenshots are useless. (You can find the answer on the Cryengine specs page if you're actually interested in learning stuff)

Cryengine 2.0 has some great technology. For realtime large-scale, natural looking landscapes it's awesome. But it doesn't do everything better than everyone else, as you seem to think; no engine does. They run on finite hardware and need to make compromises on calculations to perform. Crysis certainly doesn't look photographic in every case. I saw a demo where the player crouched low on the ground, and it looked like every other FPS. There was a flat grass texture with a few 3D plants sticking up. Cherry-picking screenshots is going to hide those limits, or bring them to unfair attention - a common fault when people reference screenshots to prove a point.

Look lets get the facts srtaight first OK?
If you take the time to download the video that Ike Turner posted you will see that the lightning is dynamic. It should already be know to that the shadows in Crysis react to the lightning and are soft shadowed to. i whant you to notice how in the video the lightning and shadows change as the time is speed up from day to night amongst other things.

http://www.imagtp.com/media/video/Press_Kit.avi

Also the fact that you talk about the ground being "blurry" when the players is laying down on the ground makes me scratch my head. Tell me a game where the ground textures dont look blurry or fussy when up close (10-30cm ingame length), you cant. I dont really get the point about flat vegetation, even the vegetation in LBP is flat. Since when does the vegetation in games have volume in form of geometry instead of being textures/sprites?
But perhaps the grass straws in LBP have volume but then there aren't many grass straws to render either. If anything Crysis vegetation SHOULD be considered as 3D vegetation (or say have volume) by the fact that the light goes through the vegetation and lits through depending on amount of vegetation occluding the light source and the thickness of the vegetation.

Good.

Based on what the developers have said theres no pssibilty for consoles to run the game at a decent framerate with thoose setting you saw on that picture.:cry:

Seriously, when crysis actually gets to a stage where it's a final game and we can do screen grabs, then bring it into this thread.

These PR bullshots are nothing but tech demo's, and the title of the thread is 'GAME with best graphics', crysis doesn't fit the bill, sorry! :p

Obviously it's the nicest thing we've seen, but I wouldn't be surprised if final product will be a little more down to earth and have it's fair share of flaws as well.

Shifty said:
Stills don't capture the animation, which is part of the graphics experience, or dynamic lighting, which is a huge part of the impact of graphics.

You understand the difference between realtime dynamic lighting and precalculated static lighting on environments, right?

Shifty, you are really barking up the wrong tree in regards to Crysis lighting.

http://www.xboxyde.com/news_2716_en.html
http://www.xboxyde.com/leech_2157_en.html
http://www.crysis-online.com/Media/Videos/

The first video demonstrates some excellent lighting with a dynamic light source. Some of the other videos demonstrate the realtime day cycle (i.e. smooth transition from night to day back to night with dynamic shadows, ambient light adjustments, etc) as well as some of their more subtle techniques like the light scattering through leaves and so forth.

Add in the detail in the game and draw distance as well as physics and interactivity I find it difficult to see how someone to harp on the lack of dynamic lighting or shadowing models in the game.

Seriously, when crysis actually gets to a stage where it's a final game and we can do screen grabs, then bring it into this thread.

These PR bullshots are nothing but tech demo's, and the title of the thread is 'GAME with best graphics', crysis doesn't fit the bill, sorry! :p

Obviously it's the nicest thing we've seen, but I wouldn't be surprised if final product will be a little more down to earth and have it's fair share of flaws as well.

Then the Jak3 screens above must also be considered PR BS shot becouse thegame aint out yet and it has to much AA.

They have shown a bit of game footage. See the links above. Also, many of the games people are noting (BFBC, LBP, R&C, etc) are not released either. Out of such titles we have seen substantially more of Crysis. So I can understand how one could argue that these games are not released so one personally wouldn't consider them, but that should apply equally to all the games not released. e.g. Like links to R&C :p

They have shown a bit of game footage. See the links above. Also, many of the games people are noting (BFBC, LBP, R&C, etc) are not released either. Out of such titles we have seen substantially more of Crysis. So I can understand how one could argue that these games are not released so one personally wouldn't consider them, but that should apply equally to all the games not released. e.g. Like links to R&C :p

It is strange that they call Crysis shots BS considering real time game scenes have been shown since last year and even been playable by GDC/E3 visitors.

Scooby Dooby, the screens you posted of Jak looks REALLY good asthetically but technically they are good, like the flat grass on the ground, blurry ground textures. Still the art makes it look grand!

:yes: but can you play it on a console, and how big is the world ?

I'd bet real money that there'll be some kind of a Crysis game on a console and it'll look almost as good. I mean they say it'll run on your old ATI 9xxx - both the Xbox and the PS3 can do way better than what such a PC can present...

I know it gets boring... I know a few guys working on Crysis and they say it's like that, really.

Now that's more like what water and terrain are supposed to look like.
I'm thinking about a certain game with flying lizards here...

Incredible water, never thought about the water in this game. I think it also was 3D in the form of movement, wave blending and "geometry".

yea... people are pulling an awful lot of bullshots out here for a thread that is about the best game graphics.

Nobody knows what unreleased games will look like when completed and running on a machine with full effects.

Only games that you have played should count. :smile:

so all of you without a next gen machine can just read now. :p:devilish:;)

The first video demonstrates some excellent lighting with a dynamic light source. Some of the other videos demonstrate the realtime day cycle (i.e. smooth transition from night to day back to night with dynamic shadows, ambient light adjustments, etc) as well as some of their more subtle techniques like the light scattering through leaves and so forth.

Let's add though, that some of the calculations for that take many seconds or even minutes, so the work is distributed through multiple frames and changes can't be instantaneous (how do you write that? :).

I'd bet real money that there'll be some kind of a Crysis game on a console and it'll look almost as good. I mean they say it'll run on your old ATI 9xxx - both the Xbox and the PS3 can do way better than what such a PC can present...

Yeah but dont expect the ATI 9xxx to run the game with settings at max!:LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back