Exclusive GTA IV content for PS3 too

I kind of am hoping PlayStation 3 is the lead platform... maybe because I am for some reason thinking Cell's SPEs would be good for GTA's 'life-like' atmosphere.

By the way, how was the unveiling of GTA:SA? GTA4 is expected to be out 9 months later, but we have seen zero media so far. There's no E3 in May, when will they start PR?

Its completely irrelevant how you and everybody else interpreted it.

As long as what he says its true, Peter Moore (nor anybody else who fits into that criteria) should be hold responsible for how other people interpret things. Sure, Peter Moore, like every other PR-rep is an expert in "weasel" speak, but unless you havent learned to see through the "weasel-languauge" your not ready for real life.

So, I take it you had nothing against Sony showing the infamous Killzone and MotorStorm videos at E305?

So, I take it you had nothing against Sony showing the infamous Killzone and MotorStorm videos at E305?

There is a difference here, the Killzone and MotorStorm CGI's will always be that, CGI, the PS3 will never achieve everything that these video's showed. Sony claimed it was real-time didnt they? If they claimed the CGI's were realtime, then thats lying. Which is completely different than just weasel talking.

although i dont care, because i knew it was CGI from the get go.

By the way, how was the unveiling of GTA:SA? GTA4 is expected to be out 9 months later, but we have seen zero media so far. There's no E3 in May, when will they start PR?
By this Summer, the PR should start. I'd expect one large console magazine to have the exclusive first coverage of the game. It might be an European magazine, too.

There is a difference here, the Killzone and MotorStorm CGI's will always be that, CGI, the PS3 will never achieve everything that these video's showed. Sony claimed it was real-time didnt they? If they claimed the CGI's were realtime, then thats lying. Which is completely different than just weasel talking.

They didn't claim that, at least not Phil Harrison.
GamesIndustry.biz: One question on the lips of many people at the moment: how much of what we saw in the PlayStation 3 demos was actually running in real-time?

Phil Harrison: Everything in the demos was real-time.

And what about the game footage clips?

Not all of that - in fact, none of it was real-time because it was all running off video. If you make a presentation to two and a half thousand people, you're going to put some of it on video just to be on the safe side.

I've been asked this question a lot. The way we put those videos together, everything was done to specification. Everything was done to PS3 spec. Virtually everything used in-game assets; some things were rendered.

How representative of what we're actually going to be seeing in PS3 games were those videos?

I think very. I think depending on the game, different games took a different approach to their way of expressing what the games are like - but clearly, something like Motor Storm uses more cinematic, replay-like cameras than you would ever enjoy in-game. So that makes a big difference... But everything is done to spec.
But people obviously didn't pay attention to what he said.
I guess his version was just to boring to discuss. :)

how does this negate what Peter Moore say? he only said that x360 will get exclusive content. which it will.

Heh, well thay stated it in such a way that not only people got the impression that 360 will get everything plus more, but they also thought the whole game was going to be exclusive

although i dont care, because i knew it was CGI from the get go.

Nothing will change the fact that Microsoft isn't the only one getting extra content for GTA4. Not to mention how they played out like FIFA and PES would be exclusive for them until 2008, and how they chose to remain quiet when they were asked about the rumours claiming RE5 to be exclusive to 360.

Heh, well thay stated it in such a way that not only people got the impression that 360 will get everything plus more, but they also thought the whole game was going to be exclusive

Not really, he said that they had signed an agreement with rockstar for "exclusive episodic content", that's all. What do you expect him to do, announce Sony's plans for them as well???

We don't know what the extra content for PS3 is, maybe it's additional episodes like 360, maybe something else. Maybe Rockstar will wait and see how man PS Network users there are online before deciding how much to invest in the PS3 content

Who knows, we'll see, but it's way too early to call our Peter Moore on anything, A) Nothing for PS3 has been confirmed and B) If teh rumour is true, we still have no idea how the content will compare.

Is it?

I can't see a significant difference to the models shown in the killzone trailer and those in GoW except maybe a sh** of AA..

*Shrug*

Well, if you get technical the Polygon counts are like 10x higher in Killzone.

.Melchiah. said:
Nothing will change the fact that Microsoft isn't the only one getting extra content for GTA4. Not to mention how they played out like FIFA and PES would be exclusive for them until 2008, and how they chose to remain quiet when they were asked about the rumours claiming RE5 to be exclusive to 360.

You totally missed my point. To be honest, you didnt read what i said at all.

And btw, they never claimed FIFA\PES to be next gen exclusive until 2008, Moore said it would be the only place to play next-gen fotball this year (or something simular to that), and that is true, as neither Fifa nor PES are releasing any more versions until Fifa 08 and PES7 in the fall..

Not really, he said that they had signed an agreement with rockstar for "exclusive episodic content", that's all. What do you expect him to do, announce Sony's plans for them as well???

We don't know what the extra content for PS3 is, maybe it's additional episodes like 360, maybe something else. Maybe Rockstar will wait and see how man PS Network users there are online before deciding how much to invest in the PS3 content

Who knows, we'll see, but it's way too early to call our Peter Moore on anything, A) Nothing for PS3 has been confirmed and B) If teh rumour is true, we still have no idea how the content will compare.

Ofcourse not. I didnt say that. I am not refering to the exclusivity in some content anyways.

In the conference the announcment got such a presentation that normally is not expected for such a "small" thing, and some people formed their impression on the presentation than the words.

It was a real phenomenon that some media and people in forums were discussing afterwards about the next GTA being exclusive to 360 while others tried to tell them what exactly that ment.

That was due to the fact everyone was expecting that the next GTA was going to be multiplatform anyways while 360 fans and PS3 fans respectively had high hopes it would become exclusive on their console or worry that it would become exclusive on the other console.

So when the announcment came people misinterpreted it due to the overblown highlight MS gave to it.

That was my point a long time ago when this first came up. MS announces the next GTA. Sony's response, (paraphrase) "It was nice of MS to announce a game coming to the PS3!" MS announces and makes a big deal out of "exclusive DLC" for the Xbox 360 version of GTAIV. This is true and MS is only pushing their product. Sony *also* has their own exclusive DLC, but chose not to mention it -- 1. because they are not even talking up GTA and 2. because of other factors like delivery.

Like then, I think some people are mad at Sony for not countering MS PR, and somehow are blaming MS for capitolizing on 'their exclusive content' and Sony not getting the same mindshare.

IMO it really is Sony's fault on this one. At E3 they totally shrugged off the GTA announcement, at that point in time they had no interest in making it a bullet point. Why, I don't know. But then again their PR hasn't made much sense for a while. My guess? Losing the exclusive period to GTA was a big blow and it was decided it would be best just not to talk about the game, and hyping a gaming that is no longer a primary asset to them.

Nesh said:
So when the announcment came people misinterpreted it due to the overblown highlight MS gave to it.

Yeah, it is MS's fault that

1. People cannot understand English
2. MS told the truth and hyped their exclusive content
3. Sony chose not to pimp their exclusive content or even discuss the game

I cease to see how MS having exclusive content and "overblowing" it distracts the fact that Sony could have announced their exclusive content -- or even announced the game! -- at E3 2006.

It isn't MS's job to do Sony PR.

If Sony wanted to over-overblow the MS PR they should have announced their own exclusive content. You cannot blame MS for Sony giving them a free pass. Nothing changes the fact MS's console is getting 2 missions from the best selling series in the last 5 years. I could care less (GTA... meh) but I am surprised at how misdirected the angst is on this issue.

2. MS told the truth and hyped their exclusive content
3. Sony chose not to pimp their exclusive content or even discuss the game

I cease to see how MS having exclusive content and "overblowing" it distracts the fact that Sony could have announced their exclusive content -- or even announced the game! -- at E3 2006.

It isn't MS's job to do Sony PR.

If Sony wanted to over-overblow the MS PR they should have announced their own exclusive content. You cannot blame MS for Sony giving them a free pass. Nothing changes the fact MS's console is getting 2 missions from the best selling series in the last 5 years. I could care less (GTA... meh) but I am surprised at how misdirected the angst is on this issue.

Nice effort puting words in my mouth.

You are doing a great job on it. Perhaps you should become a politician

I don't think SONY are too keen on pimping a multi-platform game. Plus I'm sure it was a decision made by SONY early on to ignore it, knowing that MS would be rejoicing over this with bubblegum tattoos stuck on a swamp donkey! Anyways, that was like May 2006, pimping a game scheduled for October 2007. That's a little early, don't you think?

Plus, I honestly don't recall SONY pimping *any* multi platform games back then, but I could be wrong. I can only remember their WWS games plus exclusive games.

scooby_dooby said:
Well, even you were misled by Moore's comments, so it wasn't as plain and simple as you guys are trying to make out. Just admit that it was intended to deceive people (remember the confusion?) and kudos to them for executing it well...because we're still talking about it now!
Joshua Luna said:

No, you're taking away credit from Peter Moore. It was a well executed marketing speech that got the whole internet buzzing and confused (if only temporarily) and shocked! It's not that people don't understand English...I mean, just ask Scooby (or the many PlayStation fans that were crying that day...or the many 360 fans that were jumping for joy) why he initially believed that the game was a timed exclusive for the 360. Lack of comprehension of the English language, or more likely, fell victim to the cleverly concocted delivery of Moore's announcement? In hindsight, it's easy to say: "I knew it all along".
scooby_dooby said:
"Virtually everything used in-game assets;"

Big heaping giant stinking lie
I interpreted that as "most videos used in-game assets", but not all. Is that how you understood that comment?

Back