Death Stranding 2 (working title) [PS5, PC]

Oh absolutely not. Death Stranding 2 will undoubtedly have far more variety, far more characters. It will be a much larger game for sure.

However I just don't understand how someone can say DS2 looks much better than Hellblade 2. Speaking strictly visually of course. It's one thing to prefer a style or setting or what have you.. but in that case I'd just say "DS2 is much more appealing to me". But I digress..

They probably need to do again a full trailer showing come cinematics blend with longer sequence of gameplay.

whoa, a very kojima game, looking even more kojima game than DS1. so 2024 and 2025 are very stacked it seems.

wonder how the boss fights will plays, and wonder whether it will take advantage of weird real-world action affecting gameplay. i miss that kind of feature in kojima games.

I enjoy Kojima's games, even with all their cringe. But that Joker/Crow with the literal electric guitar has to be the most ridiculous thing he has come up with yet.

I enjoy Kojima's games, even with all their cringe. But that Joker/Crow with the literal electric guitar has to be the most ridiculous thing he has come up with yet.
and this seems gonna be a cross-media thing, like quantum break. or even weirder.

so be prepared for even more ridiculous stuff.

the player character animation itself seems to be relatively the same quality as DS1?

I honestly don't get it. DS2 looks incredible.. and it will undoubtedly have far more variety than Hellblade 2 and be a more grander game.. but the asset quality does not beat Hellblade 2 IMO.

Is it just the imagery that people are liking more? The art style?
I also find this statement by Linneman strange. There are still games like Hellblade 2, STALKER 2, Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2, Star Wars Outlaws, Unrecord and GTA VI coming out.

Some of them are heavyweights.

I also find this statement by Linneman strange. There are still games like Hellblade 2, STALKER 2, Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2, Star Wars Outlaws, Unrecord and GTA VI coming out.

Some of them are heavyweights.
Well, I respect John's opinion.. he's free to have his own preference of course.. I guess I would have just liked to hear him elaborate on why he thinks it looks much better than Hellblade 2.. He may be referring to art, or graphical techniques, or just image quality, or any combination of those..among other things. Some of which I may agree.

But as a blanket statement, I don't agree that it looks much better. They both look in the same realm to me.

Looks absolutely amazing gameplay wise. I can't wait for this.

Graphically I only watched on phone and it was certainly stunning, but in line with comments above, not clearly moreso than HB2 from what I recall.

I will watch again on the big screen later which may sway my opinion.

Are they using some form of RT GI? The interior where the door opens up was particularly nice how the indirect lighting changes in real time.

This is not the same budget at all. I expect at the end of the generation to have better looking UE 5 games than Hellblade 2.
For the amount of content they offer, their budgets should be similar. DS is over 40 hours in length and word is Hellblade 2 will be 6-7. DS2 may have three times the budget but Hellblade 2's budget is much more concentrated, explaining why it has such high production values. If Hellblade 2 was as big as DS2, it'd probably cost even more.

we are at a point where you could just put a DS2 character in HB2 and vice versa and you would not know.
The rest is personnal appreciation of the art on display, and of course, gameplay.

I just like that Hellblade 2 looks so good that it's competing visually with a huge AAA budget Kojima game. :)
Hellblade most definitely is a AAA game and the reason it's cheaper is because it's much shorter. The production values are among the best in the industry.

Like in the first game I'm put off by the story, characters and dialogue.

It seems this game is too exaggerated and silly. A guitar like that doesn't fit into such a game. Maybe in such strange and not to be taken seriously RPGs but not here. How are you supposed to take the game, the story and the characters seriously? This is slapstick

When a great filmmaker like Christopher Nolan watches this and hears from the gaming community and press that Kojima and his games are the best gaming has to offer he's not going to think much of games.

Last edited:
Like in the first game I'm put off by the story, characters and dialogue.

It seems this game is too exaggerated and silly. A guitar like that doesn't fit into such a game. Maybe in such strange and not to be taken seriously RPGs but not here. How are you supposed to take the game, the story and the characters seriously? This is slapstick

When a great filmmaker like Christopher Nolan watches this and hears from the gaming community and press that Kojima and his games are the best gaming has to offer he's not going to think much of games.
And why should we care what a filmmaker thinks about games?

You have a game running around making deliveries carrying a fetus on his back. The guitar villain is far from being the silliest thing about DS.

Last edited:
Back