Death Stranding 2 (working title) [PS5, PC]

Probably the most nextgen thing I saw and at the beginning its wirtten in - game cinematic capture on ps5, decima still delivers.

Probably the most nextgen thing I saw and at the beginning its wirtten in - game cinematic capture on ps5, decima still delivers.

The DLC of Horizon is exclusive to PS5. This is the new technology for cloud.

It looks like the game uses Epic's MetaHuman framework.

c5DRm1k.png

ds2_tga2022_screensho15ic3.jpg

ds2_tga2022_screensho0zds1.jpg

Cant say the game looks better than the first one. Even though it looks great too,
I suspect that the mysterious character with the red mask might Norman Reedus again.

edit: Or could he be Troy?

Last edited:
Textures and lighting look improved. They might use that "hero" lighting from HFW ?
Character models were already really good in the first one, hard to tell, even if they added a few thousands more polygons it would be hard to notice until you zoom in.
Damn Sam, can't you wear a shirt for once ? :LOL:

To say the COVID-19 pandemic affected Hideo Kojima's writing of Death Stranding 2 would be an understatement.

The Kojima Productions founder officially unveiled the sequel at tonight's Game Awards, and after showing the first look, stayed on stage for a while to answer some questions from host Geoff Keighley.

"I had the story written before the pandemic, but after experiencing the pandemic, I rewrote the whole thing from scratch," he told Keighley after being asked how the pandemic affected the game. "I also didn't want to predict any more future, so I rewrote it."

It's true that Kojima has earned a somewhat infamous reputation for predicting the future with his games; Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty was far ahead of its time in portraying how quickly misinformation can spread online. And the first Death Stranding's themes of loneliness had some eerie parallels to the COVID-19 lockdown that would be put into place just months after its 2019 release. So, one might understand if Kojima wanted to put away the crystal ball for a while.

Looks incredible! I think the characters look only a bit better, but I think the environments will look MUCH better than DS1.

Nice catch. Normally metahuman is not allowed to be used outside of unreal. Maybe they got special agreements to use it with decimal
Interesting!! There did used to be a statement on Epic's Metahuman page which read: "Characters generated in MetaHuman Creator, including those in the sample project, are licensed for use in Unreal Engine projects. This means that you must render MetaHumans with Unreal Engine; you cannot render them outside of Unreal Engine"

That seems to have been removed! :runaway:

They use metahuman for all character they don't photo scan like the baby. This is cool to see the technology use in other engine.

Back