Oculus Meta Quest 3

The best thing about that is the kids can't leave it scattered all around the place and can't be stood on at 3am going to the toilet ;) Jokes aside it looks like a really cool AR game, a multiplayer mode where you could all build something big together would pretty much make it perfect.

seems like from youtube comments, devs have not much optimized for Quest 3 version, they are taking some rest after launch and then eventually work on upgrades for Q3.
At least for now it's native 90hz on Q3 and 30% higher res(VS 72 with ASW on Q2, which means 36 real fps) .

Last edited:
It looks like an interesting game. I see some rather high resolution textures which is great. The progress is obvious compared to their previous gear. Overall though it still has that "Unreal Engine 2" era vibe. Asgard's Wrath 2 actually is very reminiscent of Unreal Tournament 2003. They should probably port that over. I bet there's a crowd that would buy that. I also watched a lot of the Vampire Bloodlines game. That game has a cool proto Dishonored vibe to it.

The SOC must be really tuned to their needs now so I wonder what the future holds. It must be super dependent on process advancements. It seems unlikely that they could kick the power budget up much.

Last edited:

That reminds me of an indie open world RPG on PCVR that I saw awhile back and should check out.

One would think a port of Oblivion, Fallout 3 or Skyrim would be a sure hit on Quest 3. I would think those are within its reach.

Last edited:
So I got the new Bobo halo strap last night and my God! What a difference! It's like an entirely new headset! It's so much more comfortable and useable now, I'd absolutely recommend that anyone with a Q3 gets a decent 3rd part strap as it makes a world of difference. Not worrying about the battery running out is also a huge bonus.

Back