Oculus Meta Quest 3

If you have yet to transition your Oculus account to a Meta account, you will want to do it soon. Starting on the 29th of March, Meta has confirmed that it will begin deleting Oculus accounts, meaning you will lose any purchases, store credit, achievements and other data tied to the account. You can transfer your Oculus account to a Meta account before the deadline and avoid losing access to any of your purchases.

So if you refuse to integrate yourself into the Meta sell-your-data collective, then you just lose your purchases. Way to treat your paying customers, jerks.

I am one of the people who have not transitioned from my Oculus account to a Meta account, and I will not be performing the transition even though it means I might lose the two or three titles I paid for. Instead, I've blocked my original Oculus Quest from ever talking to the internet (it's been probably two years ago now since I blocked it at my UTM appliance edge) so it will forever only be local to my network. Which is perfect, because I can Steam-stream all the stuff I really care about and Meta can suck it.

I've already repurchased the two games I cared about (Beat Saber and Super Hot) on the Steam platform anyway.

At least for my original quest, the Mera account still isn't worth it. I literally only use it now as an extension of my PC.

Now, if I had a Quest 3 it might be a different story...

I'm not sure why the Rift would be impacted. You can still log in to and use the Oculus app which the Rift links to on PC with a meta account. It's the same app that Quest uses to connect to PC.

I'm not sure why the Rift would be impacted. You can still log in to and use the Oculus app which the Rift links to on PC with a meta account. It's the same app that Quest uses to connect to PC.
Well, if that's the case, wouldn't it still be an Oculus account unless the owner decided to transfer it?

I'm a little Rift-stupid, so you can help me out -- was it not capable of joining the Oculus store without a PC connection? Like the Quests are?

Well, if that's the case, wouldn't it still be an Oculus account unless the owner decided to transfer it?

I'm a little Rift-stupid, so you can help me out -- was it not capable of joining the Oculus store without a PC connection? Like the Quests are?

The Rift is PC connection only so has no access to Oculus store without a direct connection.

Tbh I'm not sure about the account, I had to check mine earlier to see if I was logged in with a meta or oculus account and as far as I can tell its meta, so I assume I must have transferred it at some point in the past.

Back