Movie Reviews 2.0

But why not just go when thanos was still a baby then? Or it was simply due to logistics? As they don't have enough pymm particles to go grab the stones all spread out?
Because if they kill baby Thanos, they’re not changing their own timeline but simply creating a parallel reality where there’s not Thanos. While their own reality is still the one where Thanos killed half of the universe and then died in the first 5 min of the movie. They explain this :)

And then Steve Rogers manages to loop himself into the same timeline even though he most likely messed up the history getting it on with Peggy Carter and all.
Kinda pulls the rug under the whole thing, eh?

And then Steve Rogers manages to loop himself into the same timeline even though he most likely messed up the history getting it on with Peggy Carter and all.
Kinda pulls the rug under the whole thing, eh?

The butterfly effect is often exaggerated for literal effect. It was originally intended to demonstrate that small influences can result in big changes should there was some kind of consequential cascade but most small deviations from one behaviour have no significant or long-lasting impact. Assuming Cap and Carter didn't have a kid - which could have potentially resulted in a super-kid with some of Cap's abilities and may have had massive consequences - and if they just lived together quietly and it probably would have made no difference at all.

But the whole point of time travel laws in the MCU, is that there were always two Caps (that we know of) that existed. There was the Cap who was frozen in ice and thawed out relatively recently and the Cap who went back in time and lived his happy life with Agent Carter. It's just you didn't know about the older Cap whilst watching any of the other films - not until Endgame.

No.Time travel in the Avenger's movie didn't make any sense. Take it from an expert, they broke way too many rules and weren't consistent at all. :(

Assuming Cap and Carter didn't have a kid - which could have potentially resulted in a super-kid with some of Cap's abilities and may have had massive consequences - and if they just lived together quietly and it probably would have made no difference at all.

Must have been really quiet life considering everybody back then knew Captain America and Steve Rogers, especially the folks in Agent Carter's entourage. Not to mention she had a family during those decades so it must have been a bit tricky for the old Steve-o.

Must have been really quiet life considering everybody back then knew Captain America and Steve Rogers, especially the folks in Agent Carter's entourage. Not to mention she had a family during those decades so it must have been a bit tricky for the old Steve-o.
Was that covered in Agent Carter? I've not seen it.

Was that covered in Agent Carter? I've not seen it.
Nor have I, but we've both seen the movies? Peggy explaining how Cap saved thousands of soldiers including his husband-to-be. And when Cap visited Peggy in nursing home, she said something like "You came back! It's been so long long time, forgive me I didn't wait" or thereabouts...

Nor have I, but we've both seen the movies? Peggy explaining how Cap saved thousands of soldiers including his husband-to-be. And when Cap visited Peggy in nursing home, she said something like "You came back! It's been so long long time, forgive me I didn't wait" or thereabouts...
Of course, there were some scenes in MCU movies! I've definitely seen this addressed in an interview with - IIRC - the writers. It was something along the lines that whilst ing back in time and slightly interfering with events doesn't create a new timeline, when infinity stones are involved (removed) from a time period a new timeline is created. So the scene with Old Peggy explaining to Young Steve that she didn't wait and married some other dude, was one timeline, but when Steve went back - returning an infinity stone - that became a different timeline, even though it was a single continuity for Steve.

It's nutty when you consider that Old Steve is obviously the same as Young Steve who spoke to Old Peggy and heard that, then went back and interceded in her life. So he can probably remember Old Peggy telling him that even when he is courting younger Peggy. :runaway:

I can't roll my eyes as hard as I would like.

That explanation would still have to mean that the Falcon and friends we see in the parkbench scene must have lived their lives in the timeline where Cap has been with Peggy all these years. So it is not the same timeline we saw up to that point in all the MCU movies, but the dudes still seem surprised him popping up as an old guy. It does not compute.

Maybe he had Face-Off procedure done and was always Peggy's husband...

Can you just one example?
I guess I have a problem with their basic premise that they're actually time travelling. They're not, they're dimension hopping to parallel universes to get the new infinity stones and in the end Cap will be returning the stones to their original universes. He wouldn't actually be in the past of their timeline.

Because if they kill baby Thanos, they’re not changing their own timeline but simply creating a parallel reality where there’s not Thanos. While their own reality is still the one where Thanos killed half of the universe and then died in the first 5 min of the movie. They explain this :)

I meant to go grab the stones (and put them back) while Thanos is still a baby. Not to kill a baby lol

I guess I have a problem with their basic premise that they're actually time travelling. They're not, they're dimension hopping to parallel universes to get the new infinity stones and in the end Cap will be returning the stones to their original universes. He wouldn't actually be in the past of their timeline.
Precisely - having the characters explain this and then ignoring it was really stupid in an otherwise fine movie.

Watched Dr Strange in MoM recently, it was sufficiently full of everything inhibiting me wanting to even think about this sort of logic flaws. The movie seemed to last way longer than 2 hours with that pace and amount of scenes. I'd say it was a refreshingly different Marvel movie, would not want 3 such movies per year but pretty good as it is.

Precisely - having the characters explain this and then ignoring it was really stupid in an otherwise fine movie.

Watched Dr Strange in MoM recently, it was sufficiently full of everything inhibiting me wanting to even think about this sort of logic flaws. The movie seemed to last way longer than 2 hours with that pace and amount of scenes. I'd say it was a refreshingly different Marvel movie, would not want 3 such movies per year but pretty good as it is.

The deliberate nerf and buff on the whim of story writers also felt very jarring.

Why not use the obviously super powerful teleport circle to chop enemies off in half (they only used it for this kind of attack only 1 time in old avenger movie, and it was for killing useless grunt)?

Why not use it to keep the momentum of stuff (like portal video game) and killing the target?

Why dr strange and the fat guy deliberately stands still waiting until the shield dome crumbles to act?

I could go on and on and on

Back