Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

On PS5 you no longer can manually tell the console to check for updates?

On PS4 even without disc inserted you can press option and check for update

I'm also getting around ten also out of my DualSense controllers, default haptic/mic/volume settings. And just like the PS4 warning you the DualShock was low on battery, I'm still getting an hour more before the battery finally goes.

I get about the same; but I think a little careful conditioning will extend that by a few hours more. I like that they stop charging once full unlike the DS4.

Is this right? I'm sure I've had PS4 disc games update on my PS5 without having the disc installed.

It's what I have encountered so far. I put the disc in, wait for all of that to be copied and then, when it's just the update to go, I out another disc in to start the process again and the update download pauses until the disc is re-inserted. It was really annoying as I was hoping to stack installs to save some time.

On PS5 you no longer can manually tell the console to check for updates?

On PS4 even without disc inserted you can press option and check for update
You can still do that. I'm just encountering a weirdness where it wouldn't update a PS4 game on external USB without having the game disc in. It might be the fact it's on the external drive :?

You can still do that. I'm just encountering a weirdness where it wouldn't update a PS4 game on external USB without having the game disc in. It might be the fact it's on the external drive :?

Could be buggy external drive thing on PS5. Someone even got whole system crash with games on external disk a few pages back IIRC

Haha I know. But I had to choose between buying a PS5 game or getting all of my Christmas shopping done. And now I can have a stress free December :cool:
I tried Hollow Knight on Switch but really couldn't get into it. I noticed it was also in my PlayStation game library so it must have been a PS+ freebie at some point.

I tried Hollow Knight on Switch but really couldn't get into it. I noticed it was also in my PlayStation game library so it must have been a PS+ freebie at some point.

It was one of November's PS+ games. I really like Metroidvania games, so it's right up my alley. It's arguably a bit too slow of a start though. There's such a limited moveset to begin with that I was a little dubious in spite of loving the genre.

It's picked up a fair bit, but the combat is still fairly limited, and the controls aren't quite responsive enough.

I'm eyeing up Pathless for my December game, before I sink into CP2077 in January :D

It was one of November's PS+ games. I really like Metroidvania games, so it's right up my alley. It's arguably a bit too slow of a start though. There's such a limited moveset to begin with that I was a little dubious in spite of loving the genre.
Ahh.. maybe it's worth another look because the gameplay just did not seem varied.

I'm eyeing up Pathless for my December game, before I sink into CP2077 in January :D

I'm hopelessly hooked on Assassin's Creed Valhalla. They have fixed all of the RPG-ified stuff I disliked in Odyssey; arbitrary level numbers have mostly gone, an option for one-hit assassinations is present returned, grinding materials for gear upgrades is massively reduced and it looks absolutely gorgeous. Astrobot, AC Valhalla, Miles Morales, Sackboy and Dirt 5 all look so much better running natively than the abomination YouTube compression delivers.

Ahh.. maybe it's worth another look because the gameplay just did not seem varied.

I'm hopelessly hooked on Assassin's Creed Valhalla. They have fixed all of the RPG-ified stuff I disliked in Odyssey; arbitrary level numbers have mostly gone, an option for one-hit assassinations is present returned, grinding materials for gear upgrades is massively reduced and it looks absolutely gorgeous. Astrobot, AC Valhalla, Miles Morales, Sackboy and Dirt 5 all look so much better running natively than the abomination YouTube compression delivers.
I think it really showcases how bad youtube is for UHD gaming. I know people are against higher resolutions and would rather see that power elsewhere. But detail and clarity is still part of the 'next-gen' conversation.

Ratchet & Clank will melt eyeballs. The PS3 versions wowed visually, as did the PS4 version. :yes:
I'm really not counting on Ratchet & Clank to melt eyeballs, as within that franchise's artistic direction the additional graphics performance seems to be bringing very low returns.

What I am counting on is that game bringing some very innovative gameplay, seeing how the transitions between completely different worlds could be used.

Schreier is a well known egocentric drama queen so you shouldn't take what he says seriously... (Sorry about my opinion about him, it's OT but the précédent post shouldn't exist either...)

Schreier is a well known egocentric drama queen so you shouldn't take what he says seriously... (Sorry about my opinion about him, it's OT but the précédent post shouldn't exist either...)

Please elaborate, because I have never seen such behavior. And the mods are more than welcome to move the original post to a more appropriate area or thread.

Back