Sony VR Headset/Project Morpheus/PlayStation VR

Posting here only because it's PSVR related.
But let it be known, no one in the world is immune to the VR sickness!

https://www.engadget.com/2016/06/15/resident-evil-7-vr-sickness-ps-vr/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I used the right analog stick too much to look around instead of simply turning my head (old habits die hard)"

No great surprise, having both leg and head movement disconnected from real-life is a worst-case scenario for VR. Capcom should have at least added a warning to that control method.

Yeah, the statistics are scary, but people get accustomed to it by going slowly with mild experiences and progressively reaching the more extreme ones. They should make tutorials and stuff to condition your brain to eventually accept moving without feeling the inertia. Like a series of exercises designed for this.

I really like the intensity rating Oculus did. Sony should do it too.

The article on Here They Lie is interesting in comparison.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Decoupling yaw from head tracking is about the worst thing you can do because it causes a very striking conflict with your vestibulo-ocular reflex which is responsible for your eyeballs being able to offset the movement of your head. This is why you get the immediate jarring feeling of the environment getting dragged around in a very unnatural way - your eye muscles aren't being fed the super fast reflexive impulses from your inner ear as they otherwise would and are instead having to more consciously and sluggishly track the motion of the world. It's the difference between trying to read a book that's stationary while your head is moving about, and having your head fixed while the book moves about. The eyeballs may be doing the same approximate motion in both cases, but the brain is handling them very differently and only one is especially good at it.

Developers should be designing content in such a way that users are discouraged from the learned behavior of stick controlled yaw and use it as sparingly as possible. It's probably not something they're ever going to be completely comfortable doing. I can do barrel rolls and loops in Valkyrie until I fall asleep, but that FPS yaw disconnect is still as much of a kick in the head as it was a few years ago.

Summer Lesson is confirmed as launch title for PSVR in Japan. Harada mentioned it will be very hard to localize for other markets [we need to start expecting it will be Japan exclusive].

Ace Combat 7 does not have any release timing, it won't come out this year most likely.

@eastmen : You predicted Neo would show at E3 and everyone would say it was necessary for PSVR. Now that hasn't happened and PSVR was shown on PS4, what's the feedback? Is the internet awash with people complaining about the poor quality and saying PS4 isn't up to VR and we need a new console, or is it a box pretty much as Sony have advertised, or something else? A few random articles I've found suggests it's working well and is a good, economical VR product.

Harada said there is technical and cultural barrier to bring summer lesson to international market.

So yeah.. I guess it's Japan only.

But can't they make it like dead or alive as Asia exclusive? Even an horrible English subtitle like sword art online Asia should be enough.

But if the game menus already use English or easy to understand signs, the international market that would like to buy it probably already comfortable enough to simply make fake Japan psn account and play it in Japanese

@eastmen : You predicted Neo would show at E3 and everyone would say it was necessary for PSVR. Now that hasn't happened and PSVR was shown on PS4, what's the feedback? Is the internet awash with people complaining about the poor quality and saying PS4 isn't up to VR and we need a new console, or is it a box pretty much as Sony have advertised, or something else? A few random articles I've found suggests it's working well and is a good, economical VR product.

Generally people thinks Psvr looks horrid due to low processing power and 1080p. At least that's the gist I got from reading the comments section on various websites.

People already burned by pen tile. They totally forgot that Psvr use RGB or totally forgot how horrible is pen tile compared to RGB.

An interesting thing to think about when it comes to measuring second-hand public reaction (or even first-hand experience) to the apparent fidelity of demoed PSVR content: with a PC, the developer has the ability to throw in higher spec cards in order to showcase their unfinished/unoptimized build off at the expected/desired/optimum launch fidelity, but for PSVR (assuming you're demoing on PS4 hardware), your only real option would be to dial down your buffer sizes to give yourself more fps wiggle room.

I'm not entirely sure that high FPS will save you from sickness!

Some games appear to do VR better than others and at times for instance most people in real life don't do well with barrel rolls and say sea sickness. Games that do such motions but you don't feel the gravity are going to cause some bodily confusion.

Anyway, regardless of your choice of platform totally suggest trying the units and now also wish you could trial the game before buying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually had a chance to play a few PSVR demos in Irvine, CA (GameStop)... very solid platform. No frame-rate issues or tearing from what I played.

Why is it important, monoprice has cables with any usb connectors you want for $1.

The best is using charging docks for two move controllers on amazon for $7. Refurb Moves for $22.

Why is it important, monoprice has cables with any usb connectors you want for $1.

The best is using charging docks for two move controllers on amazon for $7. Refurb Moves for $22.
People have canceled preorders for less... ;)

If it's using micro usb, then it's a new revision surely.

If it's still using mini USB. I want to look for its production date and see some hilarity like made in 2010 or something lol

Back