Sony VR Headset/Project Morpheus/PlayStation VR

Yes, but I was a big fan of doing Time Trials as well in Time Crisis.

Point Blank of course was a lot of fun too.

Btw if future sony games all have simple vr mode tacked on, something like "sit in the middle of a level and just look around". It would be awesome!

They even could adopt it from Photo Mode.

Battlefront is getting a VR addition or VR mode? First I've heard of this, sounds nice.

Also really looking forward to VR for GT definitely. Ace Combat too :)
But can that content work across all systems or at least be easily ported? I guess it might not be the most exciting things, just have someone go inside some place like the Taj Mahal with a 360 camera and produce a full VR rendering.
If they did that now it may be covered with lots of insect poo... seriously! :D

But I do really like the idea of virtual tourism. That would be pretty amazing.

Of they can remodel it into real 3d in game render using photo, it will looks awesome realistic and lightweight right?

Sure everything will be static buy you will be able to explore freely.

It'll be something that's cheap/quick to produce for a relatively small team. Presumably it got underway after we heard word from Repi that they were hiring people for a VR team back in December? It would likely be the same sort of game engine VR toe-dipping that Epic, Crytek, Valve, etc have been doing for the last couple years.

They described it as a new Star Wars VR experience. We don't know what it will be, but I expect it will be a standalone thing, not connected to Battlefront.

really? I would say it's definitely connected to battlefront;

“We are working with EA, DICE, Lucasfilm, and Disney to try and make that experience something so special and so intrinsic to what’s in many people’s DNA, which is how can I be in that world of Star Wars,” says Koller. “Battlefront is going to be one of those games that will really show gamers what it means to be in the world of VR. It’s very special. And just by the nature of it being designed as a VR experience, it’s going to be very different than the PlayStation 4 game.”

http://fortune.com/2016/03/25/sony-explains-how-star-wars-battlefront-will-sell-playstation-vr/

I meant, not connected to the retail/digital release of Battlefront. Sure, they can market it as a "Battlefront" experience, but I don't expect they will give this VR experience only for users who have purchased the full BF game.

i wonder how can they keep the photorealistic aspect?

does limiting the world size and interactivity and physics is enough?

btw somebody on oculus reddit says that there are wide quality variation in Rift consumer unit. I wonder how sony's QC with PSVR. Surely the screen itself will be zero tolerance to deadpixel. but what about other production variance like lens quality?

anybody have tried multiple PSVR with the same game?

I dare say the detail will be (fairly significantly) downgraded - I also expect the areas smaller. I don't know if what we'll end up with is like a KZ Mercs on Vita style game...would be good, I am kind of expecting something on rails though - but who cares if it's a good game for a great VR experience?

I like the fact that the training camp is in fact distopian-like "correctional facility" with lots of portal-like voiceovers that hint at bad things. :D

Back