PS4 Pro Speculation (PS4K NEO Kaio-Ken-Kutaragi-Kaz Neo-san)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be surprised if more people bought the PS4 Neo for the 4K video, both UHD Blu Ray and the Netflix and other streaming clients, than PSVR.

If there is a uhd drive then it will probably be quite a draw to a small minority but who has a 4k TV and does not have 4k streaming? If it's too old to have thoes it's unlikely to have HDMI 2.0 and or the new hdcp required to receive the 4k image I would suspect

Well supposedly the consoles are one of the most popular Netflix clients.

So imagine PS4 Neo offers 4K streaming.

They're selling millions of 4K TVs each quarter now. The price premium over 1080p is not that much.

I've been forced to start buying my DVD collection - some of which were my VHS collection - once again on BluRay. I'm going to be pissed about buying them yet again on 4KBR.

Any more and I'm going back to VHS.

I've been forced to start buying my DVD collection - some of which were my VHS collection - once again on BluRay. I'm going to be pissed about buying them yet again on 4KBR.

Any more and I'm going back to VHS.
Have you tried to look at VHS recently? You'll claw your eyes out before the pre-roll Coke ads finish playing.

I'm considering just not buying any more blu rays until they start releasing the 3D 4K Dolby Vision certified editions!
That's basically what I've done. I've refused to buy films until they reach a 'final' quality. Although by then we should have good streaming. Although 'good' streaming, the entire world's movie library available on demand for a fair price, is probably never going to happen.

That's basically what I've done. I've refused to buy films until they reach a 'final' quality. Although by then we should have good streaming. Although 'good' streaming, the entire world's movie library available on demand for a fair price, is probably never going to happen.
You know there is always one more 'final' Super Sayan transformation, if you give it enough time!

Never say never. Free Spotify music + movies (with ads only every 15mn) coming soon on your PS7!

It's not like you can't easily watch movies for free already... like the audio industry, the movie industry will have to evolve...

The rumored description I've seen includes a split in software, at least for the GPU side with standard PS4 code and Neo code, and mandates to require equivalent work in bug-fixing for both code versions. If it were fully forward-compatible, a shared bug between the Neo and PS4 versions would be fixed automatically since they would be running the same buggy instructions, not separate paths. To say parallel paths are forward-compatible is to say that since games have Nvidia and AMD paths that one is forward-compatible with the other.

If Neo's not transparently supportable, it's effectively a new platform for devs to target. Which I'm sure they don't want. It basically means doubling their workload for the same sized audience - if Neo isn't released, potential Neo buyers would stick wtih PS4 and buy the games there.

It also bodes badly for PS's future. How frequent are updates and what hoops are devs going to have to jump through?

The leak describes different profiles or modes which implies different config.ini type settings rather than differing code paths.

Sent from my Nexus7 2012 3G using Tapatalk

Maybe this is why some devs dislike neo? Dunno who's the dev. It was hot topic on reddit when ps4k rumor hit the Internet.

If Neo's not transparently supportable, it's effectively a new platform for devs to target. Which I'm sure they don't want. It basically means doubling their workload for the same sized audience - if Neo isn't released, potential Neo buyers would stick wtih PS4 and buy the games there.
Maybe I misunderstand you but you are saying that supporting Neo would require as much dev effort again as the PS4 version? Eh?

The leak describes different profiles or modes which implies different config.ini type settings rather than differing code paths.

Sent from my Nexus7 2012 3G using Tapatalk
Intersting if true, though whereas I could see this happening when it comes to gpu (with GPU architecturally extremely close the one in Orbis and the API is not too low level), I could see tings be more trouble some when it comes to the increase in CPU power.
Ultimately I believe that what Lots of peoples seem to want only MSFT can deliver not through any xbox, but UWP games and a" console mode" akin to the "tablet" obviously on PC+Windows. Such move faces difficulties and risks on its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back