Uncharted 4: A Thief's End [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same. I played them back to back but burned out through U3 but enjoyed the remaster way more than U3 on PS3.

I was in the ship 'graveyard' and will pick up and finish U3 before diving into U4. I can't for the life of me remember how U3 ended story-wise.

had not played the games before since i had no PS3. UC1 hasn't aged so well, but UC3 looks and plays good on PS4.
My first contact with UC was the PSVITA version which i liked a lot.

Re-uploaded trailer with different picture on the wall :LOL:

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/an_update_on_the_uncharted_4_a_thiefs_end_story_trailer/
In our eagerness to get the story trailer out we made a regrettable mistake and didn’t thoroughly vet the art work used for an in game painting. We’ve already updated the trailer. We hold all artistry in high regard and take full responsibility for having allowed this to happen.

We want to sincerely apologize to everyone at Ubisoft, the Assassin’s Creed team, the original artist, and our fans.

Naughty Dog

Last edited:
Small update on this drama, it seems like they are using art from a user on gaf that he made 10 years ago in the updated trailer: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=196545092#post196545092
lBDeug7.jpg

art102proj030xp7z.jpg

Now sure if he's telling the truth but it's really funny anyway :smile:

Although I seem to find that the image improvements on this trailer are for the better, there is a passage of about one second, at 1:01 with a scene from the PSX 2014 level that I think it is much worse that the original.
The brighter collor palette seems to create a cartoon look I dont particularly like?

psx-trailersqssw.gif

From that thread:

In a lot of art industries people often have inspiration/vision boards full of other artists work that they can draw inspiration from and use as placeholders. Someone probably did a rough-cut of the trailer using placeholders until the final art was finished/decided upon, and this particular shot was probably forgotten to have its art replaced.

This indeed is quite common practice. Completely unique and instantly recognizable art styles, especially in the entertainment industry, are quite rare.

Although I seem to find that the image improvements on this trailer are for the better, there is a passage of about one second, at 1:01 with a scene from the PSX 2014 level that I think it is much worse that the original.
The brighter collor palette seems to create a cartoon look I dont particularly like?

It look's more like the beta to me
23362831870_3e08c035b4_o.png

I really don't like the muddy, brown look of the PSX demo when compared to the recent footage. Don't forget, real life Madagascar rain forests are pretty colorful

Lowland_rainforest,_Masoala_National_Park,_Madagascar.jpg

Amazing trailer. Really really amazing showcase of ND's capabilities. Can't wait to play it.

Still a pity, it's most likely the final UC game.
No, they have said this will be the last game with Drake. But who knows if franchise can continue without him.

Maybe this is a better example of what i am talking about
moblur2i2kcs.gif
Much less artefacts. Sure there will most likely be some in final game, but I don't mind.

Small update on this drama, it seems like they are using art from a user on gaf that he made 10 years ago in the updated trailer: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=196545092#post196545092
lBDeug7.jpg

art102proj030xp7z.jpg

Now sure if he's telling the truth but it's really funny anyway :smile:
The 'autoart' look has me doubt his authenticity. My guess is he extracted the image from the video and processed it. Curious why ND didn't take an screenshot of the actual scene and process it themselves.

Game has come a long way since the first demo
psx-trailersqssw.gif

This is why I don't like games being announced so early. I'm reading "LOL LOOK AT DA BLUR! ROFL DOWNGRADE". I know it's from people who couldn't tell the difference between a potato and a horse but, it's a 30fps title. It was always going to look like that and have it. 2 year old build is 2 year old build with things that aren't there.

I know this will never be considered, l acknowledge the fanboy idiocy will always be doing its thing, but it's really beyond strange in a lot of instances.

This is why I don't like games being announced so early. I'm reading "LOL LOOK AT DA BLUR! ROFL DOWNGRADE". I know it's from people who couldn't tell the difference between a potato and a horse but, it's a 30fps title. It was always going to look like that and have it. 2 year old build is 2 year old build with things that aren't there.

I know this will never be considered, l acknowledge the fanboy idiocy will always be doing its thing, but it's really beyond strange in a lot of instances.
It wasn't always a 30fps game. Once upon a time there was a 60fps trailer and a 60fps target. Yes some are still butthurt about it. Hell even the 2014 trailer looked better: less details, less effects (maybe because of the 60fps target?)...but more clarity in motion. More is not always better.

We are in 2016 now, flawless still screenshots don't work anymore, at least not on me. There is such a thing called temporal resolution / clarity in motion -> it's the main reason why PC master race is a thing. And now at 1080p more than at 720p, I believe 30fps with heavy filmic blur (and high input lag, don't we forget that) in 2016 is not tolerable anymore.

Also as you said it's a 30fps game so at least they could give us a better quality motion blur (and less heavy for god sake, it's very noticeable for some!).It's like they don't care about the image quality in motion. Some 60fps games use better quality motion blur nowadays.

Finally it's possible to do a 30fps motion blurred game having decent clarity in motion, but only if you use a light and high quality motion blur which is clearly not the case here.

It wasn't always a 30fps game. Once upon a time there was a 60fps trailer and a 60fps target. Yes some are still butthurt about it. Hell even the 2014 trailer looked better: less details, less effects (maybe because of the 60fps target?)...but more clarity in motion. More is not always better.

It wasn't always a 30fps target. But the first gameplay demo was. Well, 37, according to Naughty Dog, or what ever it was.

It wasn't always a 30fps target. But the first gameplay demo was. Well, 37, according to Naughty Dog, or what ever it was.

The first in engine trailer was rendered with reatilme assets at an unknown framerate with godly AA and edited to 60 fps.

From what I heard, the first Watchdog trailer was like this. And I am 100% sure of this same thing than first ND trailer for Detroit Become Human with much better AA or DOF than any real-time game can do even on a triple SLI of Titan with to the metal API and a game design for the configuration only... The trailer use in game assets... AF is better than what we will see on PS4 too.

Last edited:
Well, mind blown...gonna be a long 2 months. ND simply know how to wow like no other. Technically they are peerless...

There is good and bad post AA. Most want some form of AA and many don't see the difference between bad and good post AA so that's why we had so many games in the last 7 years or so having shitty post AA. It's has being recently improving though because more gamers and developers begin to understand that there is good and bad algorithms and that bad post AA can be worse than no AA at all, so they make the effort and select a better implementation targeted for consoles so in general without MSAA: light FXAA, SMAA, HRAA, TAA etc.

Currently motion blur is like post AA ~6 years ago. :yep2: You may not see the difference between bad and good like most couldn't tell (or didn't care) the difference 6 years ago for AAs, but there is one big difference between those 2 and there are bad and good Moblur implementations. We can ask for decent clarity in motion, even with motion blur, because it's possible and some games already do it.

There is good and bad post AA. Most want some form of AA and many don't see the difference between bad and good post AA so that's why we had so many games in the last 7 years or so having shitty post AA.

Or because developers were limited by the hardware ?

Also, PS3 already used MLAA which was a pretty good solution for its time.

Yet another one of those gifs, comparison with E3 build
e3u4drs5r.gif

• Improvements in hair/skin shading
  • Improved AA (just look at those cable lines)
  • Volumetric fog/lighting in the scene behind the truck
  • Improved AO (look at the chair behind drake and the one right beside him)
  • Tweaked material shaders
  • Improved motion blur
Not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back