Uncharted 4: A Thief's End [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't the best comparison though..because frankly the PSX 2014 looks better. Anyhow... trailer is epic. Big set pieces, varied environments etc. I'm just disappointed that ND's shading and lighting is still more of the same compared to some of the recent big hitters like Battlefront, The Order, Quantum Break. and I just don't like the facial animation. It's stiff, their eyes look dead etc.. (I must have a problem I guess because everybody's praising it)
The new trailer has implemented so many features that are missing in the PSX one such as per object blur, volumetric lighting, AO, richer lighting, better hair shading and more foliage in the scene too. If you look at each of these games as a whole in terms of the amount of graphics calculations going under, UC4 would handily blow them away and then some. It's not always about using the fanciest lighting tech, the best balance is the best looking and that's probably why most people are praising ND.

Looking great. I should hurry and finish the trilogy before this one releases.

Same. I played them back to back but burned out through U3 but enjoyed the remaster way more than U3 on PS3.

I was in the ship 'graveyard' and will pick up and finish U3 before diving into U4. I can't for the life of me remember how U3 ended story-wise.

Same. I played them back to back but burned out through U3 but enjoyed the remaster way more than U3 on PS3.

I was in the ship 'graveyard' and will pick up and finish U3 before diving into U4. I can't for the life of me remember how U3 ended story-wise.

The ship graveyard is the best Uncharted level in my opinion.

I think ND games will never look like The Order or Star Wars Battlefront. It is not the lighting, it is hand made texture against photogrammetry and scan made materials..

The style of ND games are not photorealistic at all. Uncharted Collection and TLOU Remastered the better IQ show it very well...

Last edited:
Team PSX 2014 here....

You're in luck, some scenes seem to have toned down colors, like this one. Lighting position for this scene changed and AO and hair shader seem improved. Also, Nathan and Sam are mud free because they probably just loaded this scene without playing the previous chapter
e3draketuss5.gif

:LOL: this is going to be interesting *popcorn.gif

You have to wonder how this happened. It's either some intentional weird tribute/nod to Black Flag, which isn't impossible since Uncharted 4 is about pirates (again), or somebody really screwed up.

The trailer is awesome though! So looking forward to this game! :mrgreen:

Well based on the 3 links I posted which lead to comments from 3 different UBI employees..it's far from being a weird/tribute or nod..guess ND will just have to change it before release.

Well based on the 3 links I posted which lead to comments from 3 different UBI employees..it's far from being a weird/tribute or nod..guess ND will just have to change it before release.
The artists probably wouldn't be aware if Naughty Dog had contacted Ubisoft to include this as an easter egg. That's a lawyer to lawyer thing. If it's another texture mistake (The Last of Us) it's very disappointing.

Trailer looks amazing to me. It has some emotional feel for me.

Still a pity, it's most likely the final UC game. Hopefully ND can continue to do great things with TLoU.

Why is everybody so upset about the framed picture from Last Flag ? Likely a nod / easteregg to UB.

Pretty hilarious. It might be one of the asset creation studios they outsourced to because I know a non-insignificant amount of assets are "borrowed" and changed slightly in the industry.

And the motion blur still sucks:

xebym17.png

Game has come a long way since the first demo
psx-trailersqssw.gif
Seems like nostalgia got the better of them :p

2L3bHDl.jpg

I found the particle effects in that scene to be pretty terrible TBH.

----------------------------------------

As for the positives, I like how open the environments shown are. Not it's just a matter of seeing how explorable and intricate they really are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back