Nintendo announce: Nintendo NX

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...game-delay-triggers-4-5-billion-drop-in-value

jpg

I hope their shares fall straight through the fucking floor.

First they deride F2P as the death of gaming and cite how it devalues traditional full-price games, then they go make a deal with the F2P devil himself (DeNA). Now they cry how their new portable money-pit slot machine games will be delayed three months.

Fuck them. Seriously, fuck them very much.

You forgot to mention that their first mobile project is also a thinly veiled spying service that tries to dig up personal secrets of users. :D

No, the Miitomo requires from users to tell something they did in their past [for example go fishing], so that these facts can be shared with other Miis.

Well I wish I had the luck the see live their announcement as well as the picture of the Miiverse, decade old design and approach to social networking, etc. I would have rolled on the floor laughing for real or have some nervous breakdown followed by some pretty creepy high pitch laugh, I mean being so full of it and out of sync with reality is nothing short of extraordinary. I can only imagine how it must be for the US side of the company to suffer from such an incompetent management. It is tough to find words hard enough to qualify such a clusterfuck, they should do a movie about, how a work meeting turns into that choice of a product. I want to see people under a hell lot of pressures as the company is facing incredible challenge, that when they finally understand and acknowledge the potential mobile OS offer, come with the laziest rehashing of a decade old design, that has been tried and left in in the dust to die by many companies, I mean who the hell does that, it is incredible. That is not actually the most incredible part, it ought to be the part when a guy may have come with idea that just a minimal showcase of such a marvel of an app, I mean potentially.., would be enough to appease investors when they are on top of it to announce a delay. That is "lizardian" level of bullshit, and it gets worse if you consider that they might have thought that this minimal disclosure could actually be some teasing...
The same guys designed the NX and I'm scared people (potential clients and investors alike) will be literally floored or stunted or left in awe. Investors are losing patience I could see the NX official unveiling being a black swan landing type of event for the company...

Last edited:
Funny thing is, I'm afraid the lesson Nintendo will take out of the potential NX faliure is "see, mobile is a mistake, modernizing is a mistake, let's go back to doing what we know"
Next thing they are making a 2D cartridge based retro console...
Now that I think of it, that is actually the best move nintendo could potentially make! And I am not kidding.

The Wii, WiiU and 3DS all had multiple rumors of great specs a year before launch.... and Nintendo came out with ridiculously underpowered toys every fucking time.

It's hard to keep my expectations high for the fourth time. Right now I expect 8 gamecubes ductaped, and I'll be pleasantly surprised if it's a good AMD based SoC.

The Wii, WiiU and 3DS all had multiple rumors of great specs a year before launch.... and Nintendo came out with ridiculously underpowered toys every fucking time.

It's hard to keep my expectations high for the fourth time. Right now I expect 8 gamecubes ductaped, and I'll be pleasantly surprised if it's a good AMD based SoC.
8? Why not 6 gamecubes ductaped?

I assume it's because Nintendo already ducktaped 2 cubes together, so they can't do that again. Also, 8 smaller cubes make 1 larger cube... :p

Wii was 2 GC and WiiU felt like 4, so the next step is 8. :p

I'm not serious, just let me express my feelings!!

People are thinking it's the second fiscal quarter. So they could ship as late as September. Actually, Nintendo have done a September launch w/ the N64 in the U.S. If they have the software ready, that could help add to their revenue for that fiscal year. I'm still not sure whether to believe Digitimes, however.

In addition to Foxconn, suppliers such as Foxconn Technology, Macronix, Pixart Imaging, Coxon Precise Industrial, Nishoku Technology, Delta Technology, Lingsen Precision Industries and Jentech will also supply components for the device.

Well I had to make a breakdown of what those companies do:
Macronix - Flash memory
Pixart Imaging - optical CMOS sensors, tracking/gesture sensors, capacitive panels, heart rate monitors
Coxon Precise - Plastic Molding
Nishoku Technology - Plastic Molding, CNC, painting
Delta Technology seems like a technology consultant company from India with a bit of software development, but Delta Technologies is a producer of conductive glass for liquid crystal displays, who uses patents from Corning (maker of Gorilla Glass).
Lingsen Precision Industries: packaging, processing and testing of integrated circuits
Jentech - plastic molding and metal stamping

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20151130PD203.html
Mass production start in 1Q 2016, so no zen, very probably no hbm, maybe gddr5x

Being competition for the high-IPC and high-clock Core models from Intel, I don't believe the first iteration of Zen would be a good match for a console, either way. Console builders should be looking for CPU cores that can grant a certain amount of performance continuously, not chips that raise the clocks on demand.
If Nintendo went with AMD, I think they either chose Puma+ or ARM cores like moderately clocked Cortex A57/A72 or even some Cortex A53 at >2GHz to match those Jaguars on the other consoles (as AMD already stated

My guess if it's a home console: 28nm soc, 4x jaguar, GCN 1.2 with sub xone raw performance, 4GB GDDR5
Actually, the presence of an LCD, capacitive panels, CMOS sensors and a gorilla glass clone points to a handheld. Unless Nintendo wants to repeat the mistake of launching a home console with a tablet controller...

Well I had to make a breakdown of what those companies do:
Macronix - Flash memory
Pixart Imaging - optical CMOS sensors, tracking/gesture sensors, capacitive panels, heart rate monitors
Coxon Precise - Plastic Molding
Nishoku Technology - Plastic Molding, CNC, painting
Delta Technology seems like a technology consultant company from India with a bit of software development, but Delta Technologies is a producer of conductive glass for liquid crystal displays, who uses patents from Corning (maker of Gorilla Glass).
Lingsen Precision Industries: packaging, processing and testing of integrated circuits
Jentech - plastic molding and metal stamping

Pixart have some interesting IR gesture recognition tech. I could see this being used in some capacity. http://image-sensors-world.blogspot.com/2014/02/pixart-announces-smartphone-customer.html

Wii was not even 2 GameCube's ducktaped together in terms of performance. Was 1.5 Gamecubes
(Really Wii = GameCube w/ 50% higher clocks).

More RAM yes, but not 2x GameCube's CPU / GPU performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back