Nintendo 3DS business/general talk *spin-off feat. 3DS as a P.I. in New Orleans

I still prefer the one I made by crossing DS with Wii U controller:

dsixwiiumockup.jpg

Why can't Nintendo do this? Anyway I'll defenitely be getting 3DS XL when its out. Might be my only gaming system in the future.

After they brought in that monster add on I would have thought that a proper redesign

Just imagine the add on to this one :(

sb0uuv.jpg

3DS XL:
- it's larger (huge)
- has larger screens
- better battery life
- NO SECOND ANALOG

Wtf Nintendo? They don't seem to get a single one right, these days.

No AC adapter included in EU either apparently? Weird.

I like the screen size, almost as large as the Vita's, so good for multi-media. Will wait and see how the resolution holds up in person and if the 3D remains good. No second analog is a big shame, especially as they already had that circle-pad thing for the original 3DS. That's a big fail, imho.

Sill, always said that at the very least it would take an XL to get me interested, because after trying the 3DS in person, I am too big a guy with too long arms for such a tiny screen (same with original DS, but 3D made that even worse). So I'll definitely check it out.

No AC Adapter ? Does this come with a bigger cradle ? I kinda like the cradle for 3DS, I thought it was nice.

It's matte finish too, but I don't like the colour choice, why can't they just do all black. This thing is uglier than 3DS. Who the hell did Nintendo put in charged in designing the look of 3DS line. The DSi and DSi XL looks great, what's going on ?

Also it's interesting that they have all white now, considering they claimed the black top half help imrove the 3D of the top screen and it does IMO, since the 3D is way better IMO, when you play in total darkness.

I still think it should be bigger still. This is really a clumsy size. Should have gone for tablet size device (ipad size when open and half the size when closed) with improve res as well as specs and backward compatible to 3DS and ability to play on TV.

It is $200 though, at least that's a reasonable launched price.

In an interview with Satoru Iwata, they cover pretty much everything that's been said until now, but he also comments on the lack of a second analog stick:

Iwata said:
When we looked at the design of the 3DS XL we had to look at various factors, one was battery life, one was the overall size of the unit, and we had to make some trade-offs. The choice, if we were going to include the second analogue stick, was to reduce the size of the batters or make the unit much bigger.

What we wanted to do was have a bigger screen in comparison with the overall size of the system, so had various discussions and had to make trade-offs and this is the outcome.

Attaching a second analogue stick is possible but it would have made the system even bigger and, though it perhaps puts a burden on people that really want that second stick, it’s a call we had to make and these people will have to live with it.

No, Mr. Iwata. I don't have to live with it.
I'll simply not buy your company's handheld console.
And I bet there's a few million people out there that agree with me, along with a few dozens of developers that would make more games for the console if it had up-to-date controls.

Back