All purpose sales and sales rumors/anecdotes thread next gen+

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the announcement was 'forced' by the leak of a well prepared and 9 month early video, someone totally f'ed up.

Also Capcom will be showing gameplay at their own event in the coming days so it seems nothing was forced at all on balance.

Does not compute. If you don't know how many it sells how can you know SF has the largest install base? There's certainly been a lot of games over the years, particularly the hundred variants of SF2, but are they still being played? If not, that's not an 'install' base - that's history.

This is why I don't think exclusivity matters all that much with this title, even if SFV is exclusive, its highly likely we'll see an alpha or versus title shortly thereafter which is multiplatform or released for the XB1. As was already noted KI fills the need, its Sony who needs a fighter atm.

So, mid-week update at Amazon. Position is compared to the weekend update and not my previous post which was a mid-week update.

01 - XBO: AC (unchanged)
40 - PS4 (up 1 spot)
53 - PS4: Destiny (down 4 spots)

So, XBO is holding onto its momentum thus far. Still expecting PS4 to move up some before end of the month.

Madden X360 has overtaken both of the PS4 titles that were at number 2 and 3 on the chart before. Those X360 sports players, they don't want to give up their X360. :D

Xbox products only make up 11 of the top 20 spots now. So falling slowly as I expected. However, 5 (!) of them are X360 titles versus 3 for XBO and 3 for PS4

Regards,
SB

So, mid-week update at Amazon. Position is compared to the weekend update and not my previous post which was a mid-week update.

01 - XBO: AC (unchanged)
40 - PS4 (up 1 spot)
53 - PS4: Destiny (down 4 spots)

So, XBO is holding onto its momentum thus far. Still expecting PS4 to move up some before end of the month.

Madden X360 has overtaken both of the PS4 titles that were at number 2 and 3 on the chart before. Those X360 sports players, they don't want to give up their X360. :D

Xbox products only make up 11 of the top 20 spots now. So falling slowly as I expected. However, 5 (!) of them are X360 titles versus 3 for XBO and 3 for PS4

Regards,
SB
I am going to go there, MS paid for #1. ;p

I did think it was broken for a few days to be honest, guess it is not.

Aquamarine posted a bunch of consoles 2nd Novembers

Wii - 981K (November 2007)

PS2 - 919K (November 2001)

N64 - 764K (November 1997)

Xbox 360 - 511K (November 2006)

Xbox - 468K (November 2002)

PS3 - 466K (November 2007)

One should beat that 360 number quite easily.

Evidently some new UK sales news from MCV

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/black-friday-boosts-for-xbox-one-and-ps4-in-uk-too/0142152

Sales of both next-gen consoles were up sharply week-on-week in the UK last week as retailers offered some great Black Friday deals.

Overall games hardware sales (both consoles and handhelds) soared past 300k units, a retail source has told MCV. Home console sales in the UK are at this point double were they were at the same stage in 2013, although the handheld market is down by almost a third.

Both the PS4 and Xbox One saw sales double week-on-week, with Xbox One again just edging ahead of its rival.

This continues Xbox One’s recent momentum, which has seen it reach 1m sales in the UK a little over 2m months after PS4 did the same, although it falls short of the barnstorming victory Microsoft’s machine apparently saw in the US over the weekend.

The gap between Xbox One and PS4 continues to narrow, with Xbox One deals a more visible presence than either PS4 or Wii U both on the High Street and online this weekend.

X1 barely ahead in UK is the same thing chartz has the last few weeks. By now I'm pretty convinced ioi (Chartz founder) has a Chart Track leak. It makes sense too because he's from UK.

Is MS still having some strong deals out there in the UK and US?
I cant conclude why MS is seeing such spikes all of the sudden other than this as an explanation. We havent seen any special game release other other than Halo Collection and Sunset Overdrive. Sunset Overdrive is kind of a niche, so we are left with Halo. The bundles and game sales though dont show that this is the sales driver. There is a general interest for the console.

They have done a lot of good bundles over November in the UK and I've seen a lot more advertisements too, I've seen far more ads in November than I have done for the entire year. Something like 4 or 5 Xbox One ads in a few hours of TV the other day.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2014/videogames

I find the market difficult to understand. The PS4 as a piece of hardware has been a monster, a huge commercial success. Market penetration has been nothing short of fantastic. With that said, software to hardware tie ratio must be pretty low. The PS4 doesn't have a single title that is in the top 15 for 2014 from Amazon. The hardware sits at number 4, but the first game to hit the list comes in at 18 and then followed by 19 and 34 spots. Its as if PS4 is an attractive to consumers not because of the content, but because they want the hardware itself. Traditionally hardware is a means to an end, but in this case, I think people are excited to buy the hardware more so than the games they are buying for said hardware. It sells in spite of its mediocre software lineup. I really have to applaud Sony, I don't understand it, but they are having tremendous success with the weakest software lineup of any console this year. Bravo....

Perhaps it's a sign of more people going Digital Download? Or maybe more PS4 users frequent GameStop? That way they do the use credits towards new game purchase, play new game, trade-in game for credits, repeat cycle ad infinitum.

Top three items in that list are PSN cards. What do you think people want them for? ;)

To trade for bitcoins? ;)

Top three items in that list are PSN cards. What do you think people want them for? ;)

What is the benefit of buying these cards? Why not just add funds directly to your account? I can see them being bought as gifts, but it is curious that these cards are so popular.

What is the benefit of buying these cards? Why not just add funds directly to your account? I can see them being bought as gifts, but it is curious that these cards are so popular.

If you don't want to trust Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo with your credit card number, points/money cards are a great way to go. Also, good for teenagers, children who don't have credit cards, but would rather buy digital. Sometimes there are sales on these cards, which means you can get any get you want at a discount.

^^ Exactly.

With all the previous security issues that Sony has gone through over the years with PSN and users accounts, the PSN cards are a great option on purchasing items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back