Sony Playstation E3 2013 Events

I still think MS had the better e3 showing overall. 399 was a reaction. No drm was a reaction. At $399 Sony may go bankrupt at that price if Xbox matches or is within $50

agreed,,, Ms counting on Kinect, no discs in tray and living room interaction of Skype etc and some damned fine exclusives to carry them

My guess is PS4 won't have "fast game switching" and maybe not universal installs of games.

I could care less about those things, because the TV features of the Xbone don't appeal to me (if they had DVR, that would have been another story).

But the pay to play online killed whatever interest I had in buying any console. Talk about jumping on the wrong trend.

I still think MS had the better e3 showing overall. 399 was a reaction. No drm was a reaction. At $399 Sony may go bankrupt at that price if Xbox matches or is within $50

Agree on first three points. But as a family house how much will I be spending total?

How are they handling disc out of tray playing? Or do I need to keep it in the console? So called hybrid system that I still wish MS would have used.

I was most excited to see Destiny but I ended missing it because I had to leave for a dinner. =(

Otherwise it was a good conference for the most part. Lol @ the jabs at MS. Between the DRM news and cheaper price, they definitely won me over.

Sony got the used games right and the price right. Price is probably the biggest thing, as long as they can make money that way. People will buy it.

Multiplayer will probably be a tough pill for some of the faithful to swallow, or at least it should be with all the moaning they've done about Live.

Gaiki favours western gamers from the start. We'll see how that turns out.

As for games, the only real highlight was the indie games. Most of the really big titles were multiplatform.

I thought the conference was pretty awful, to be honest. They should have just walked out on stage and said "$399, no DRM on disc-based games," then thrown down the microphone and walked off.

Remember, PS3 started as more costly than X360 and still it was able to catch up.

Looks like Sony's gonna take the EU territories again, based on price; but MS is going to keep a tight grip on the US market because of the additional features and content (as right now they have the upper hand there).

I expect a similar balance in this generation as it was in the previous one, but with Nintendo falling out completely. Sony and MS will divide up Wii's market share, 90-90 million units or so.

It was more expensive and technically more powerful and launched a full year later. Now they are technically more powerful, have a much lower price point, have all the features that you really need, and will be launched at the same time. And this is with no used game restrictions or needless DRM.

Now I might be missing something obvious here but it looks like Sony just creamed MS with style (and indies!).

We can buy on PSN if we want that, dipshit.

They said it outright, they just didn't dwell on it.

dude easy. :)

They will not be able to for game switching like MS showed today at least I don't see it.. where you play one game while another game is searching for a multiplayer match and switch back, nor can you watch tv on a side screen while matchmaking loads or Skype and many other such conveniences of the future that MS has built in here so they are clearly shaping up to be two different types of devices and as mentioned above, Ms to me is playing future ball, Sony is just putting all the chips in on the core

Didn't the PS+ include only 1 free game? Whereas the Live Gold gets 2?

Tommy McClain

You get a bunch of free games when you first sign up, then 1 per month I think. Plus other discounts.

Seriously, MS fans, don't worry about it. MS will react. In the end, consumers win. ^_^

You've been extremely vocal that PS4 will have paid MP and DRM isn't a big deal so what is your point?

Lack of strict DRM measures on disc based games is still a surprise, nor sure what the publishers say about that.

Are you saying they are equal or that XB1 has an advantage due to timed exclusives? Not trying to argue just want to understand.

MS seems to be in a better spot for the 3rd part publishers here. Sony's exclusive content is an Adam West costume and some Elder Scrolls beta testing so far.

I guess the point is that Sony aims its PR on the hardcore crowd, hoping to benefit from word of mouth; but in the end the two systems will still be quite balanced altogether. PSEye will bump PS3's cost, downloaded games will have strict DRM, online multiplayer will require subscription, actual ingame performance/quality differences will be unnoticeable to the average user and so on.

Sales will be neck to neck, and Nintendo will be left behind. But the forum trolls will declare PS4 a winner and will debate statistics and so on.

WOOOOW PS4 is definitely going to be my main console for this next gen. I have already preordered the Xbox One but I will mainly play exclusives on it. The PS4 will be my main console for multiplatform and, of course, PS4 exclusives. It will be interesting to see how the wider market react to the announcement by Sony with regards to price point and DRM, but my impression is; Microsoft don goof. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
So, do they have discless play? What happens if I install the game? Do they have game keys? Potential for publishers to use their own DRM or paid keys?

Didn't the PS+ include only 1 free game? Whereas the Live Gold gets 2?

Tommy McClain

1 PS4 game each month from launch. No Xbox One games from Gold, only 360 (and only through the end of the year. And the PS4 game is in addition to the weekly PS3 and Vita games.

Back