Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

Well, I have found every piece of gear that I own , didn't have to buy anything, just like D3.

I think, ppl are forgetting to enjoy what is there and just bust thinking of what is not. I just hope Bungie continues this path of fun and doesn't change the whole game due to this internet noise. This is what I want from shooters : Fun ! Pure unadulterated addictive fun !
Let other games tell me stories, I want my fun games too. Whatever LOU did to me, it could not addict me like this, thats what matters to me. I don't want another LOU from Bungie.

Who cares about the story during strikes? But, still,they are the best part of the game :D ! Just bring more by December, thats all I ask for ! I will buy the season pass as soon as more content arrives.

Please don't listen to the internet and change the game Bungie, Guerilla Games and Insomniac did it and they repented heavily by losing all that made thier games unique and fun ! :yep2:

I'm having a lot of fun, and all of my items are drops, but if I want the exotics and legendary items I'm most likely going to have to grind currency to buy them. I'd rather play through some intensely difficult level and find a chest at the end that drops something really exciting. Maybe that's what the raids will be.

I'd honestly rate the game relatively highly, despite it's flaws. I think that if you like shooters and loot games, they've done a very good job of catering to both those things. I like how challenging it is. Borderlands 2 was very entertaining, and maybe a better game overall, but it was just too easy to cruise through. Destiny will probably have me hooked longer just because of the difficulty of it.

Still, I think some criticism of the story, universe are valid.

@renegade
if they continue this track,
i hope they stop using mandatory super long cutscene in the Destiny 2.

that super long cutscene... omg...
on the other hand, what they do in mix of story, presentation, and gameplay was pefect on Sword of Cortana.

Sword of Cortana.
Sweet typo.

In legend, Durendal was the sword of Roland. Curtana was the sword of Ogier the Dane, which is "of the same steel and temper as Joyeuse and Durendal", Joyeuse being the sword of Charlemagne. So you wrote "Sword of <a sword>".

In case you're not familiar with the Marathon series, one of the main characters is the AI Durandal; it has thus been widely speculated since the dawn of time that Bungie's post-Halo project would feature an important AI named Joyeuse.

>_< i did not know bungie before Oni (PC).

btw there's important AI in Destiny but it only mentioned 3 times and forgotten.

>_< i did not know bungie before Oni (PC).
You should give Marathon a try, there's a decent source port call Aleph One. Aleph One is based on the engine from the latter 2 games, so Marathon 1 isn't a perfectly precise port. And the port as a whole is extremely vanilla, so it's a little janky. But it's great stuff.

btw there's important AI in Destiny but it only mentioned 3 times and forgotten.
Destiny's story integration is pretty strange, apparently they had some development issues around it. The Grimoire really should have seen better implementation; a lot of people would have made the FFXIII datalog complaint, but I think I'd be happy if they were more accessible and if there was an in-game reader. It is a pretty juicy accompaniment for the game, though. For what it is, the Grimoire writers did a good job.

But yeah, Rasputin. The supporting lore seems to place him front and center in funky happenings around the collapse, and he's definitely a dodgy figure. Something is brewing there.

One of the things that vid mentions right off the bat, which is totally true, is that it isn't exactly comparable to Borderlands, and that is true. So much of Destiny is about the end-game, which Borderlands doesn't really have at all. Borderlands has some bosses that unlock after the story, but it really doesn't have anything like the Strike playlist, PvP or raids that Destiny has.

I've heard the first raid is insane. Pretty happy about that.

So, I finished the story.

I don't remember how you get from one to the next exactly, but this is basically how I understand everything to have unfolded.

The traveller is found by Earth and brings a new renaissance. The darkness comes and destroys almost everything. You are a guardian of the traveller, chosen by a Ghost (for reasons I do not understand) to come back to life and fight the darkness. You start with the Fallen because they have invaded Earth. Somehow you are lead to the Moon, where the Hive has a piece of the traveller which they are poisoning with the darkness. Because you successfully defeat the Hive, a mysterious robot lady tells you about the Vex. You fight the Vex on Venus and Mars, where they trying to turn the planets into machines. Somehow there is a space queen and she tells you about the Black Garden, where I guess the darkness is coming from. When you eventually get there, by using a vex gate lord's eye to travel through a portal, you discover the Vex are worshipping a Vex that has been corrupted by the darkness (he's surrounded by black cloud). You kill him, and are transported back out of the Black Garden to Mars. The traveller appears to be safe, you're a hero. Hooray. Robot lady gives you a gun and disappears into the air, and you fly off to fight more evil in the galaxy.

Executed better, the story could have been passable for a video game fantasy game. It's just written really badly. It's also kind of like reading the first couple of chapters in a fantasy novel that's 10 chapters long. It feels like an intro, setting up the sequels more than it's a big story in itself.

Also got my first legendary drop, and it's a hand cannon. The thing is a monster. It's upgrade tree levels up really slowly. Unless something weird happens, I'm going to be hanging onto it for a while.

I picked this game up last night and my opinions are mixed. Firstly, the game needs to have a warning/label on the box that states "Internet Connection Required", as I've been waiting for my supplier to provide me my connection for months now. Turns out I'm able to tether my mobile phone to the PS4 for the internet, so I'm actually able to play. Anyway, the game will not let you play if there's no connection, you simply get a warning and then thrown back to the Destiny splash screen.

I've never been an MMO player apart from a short stint with Star Wars Galaxies (was that its name?) a good few years ago, so the idea of MMO style play in a game did not appeal to me at all. Especially considering I do like a good shooter. Turns out that I actually quite enjoy the levelling element to the game and I quite like battling enemies that are more powerful than I. I also enjoyed randomly coming across other players while in a mission, sort of how I imagined Journey would be (I didn't have a mic connected last night).

The game feels VERY much like Halo (it was actually a bit odd seeing the Bungie logo come up as I loaded the game - as I'm playing on PS4), the gunplay is very nice and familiar. I was initially very disappointed with the 30fps, as I've been spoit recently with framerates, but it didn't take me very long to adjust. The visuals are nice, but not generationally different to Halo 4.

I like the concepts behind the story (at least what I've seen so far), but the way it's told is pretty awful. I completed a mission then suddenly there's some geezer telling me the history of the traveller, where the hell did he come from and why did he decide to tell me this stuff?? It just came across as very strange. At least give me a bit of preamble.

Overall, I quite like the game - probably much more than I was expecting. It's still early days though.

anybody have idea how can some people visit the awoken queen map and 3players taking screenshot in the throne seat?

last night i see it but now i cannot find it in my history. ugh...

@thepissartist
keep playing until you got to the sword mission :D

Found my first legendary gear, which was chest armor that boosted me from 21 to nearly 23. Have quite a bit of vanguard marks saved up, but still need to get to level 2 vanguard rank so that I can purchase some higher level gear.

Still love playing strike missions. Level 20 is the top of my comfort zone. Haven't tried a higher level strike mission but I struggled with some level 20 missions (which may be partly to who I was playing with).

I think I finished the campaign (I saw what appeared to be an end cutscene) but I think there's still a mission I didn't complete. Definitely not Destiny's strong point.

I like how you can putter around, choose what and how you want to do stuff at your own pace after the story is complete.

There's just something captivating about chasing better gear and another thing Destiny does well is that the results show up on your character. I really want my character to physically look badass.

I guess now my personal question is how much I want to start resorting to guides and how much I'll continue playing blind so to speak. For now I'm still going blind.

I'm just starting to read some reviews of Destiny and I'm finding it interesting. It's a very polarizing game. You can see in the reviews how much people look for different things when they play a game. So many are upset about the story and they're bored because they don't have a narrative constantly driving them. Once they're done the story missions there is no reason to play. I'm the exact opposite. If the game didn't have a story, and was just a series of disconnected missions to play, I'd still enjoy the game as much as I do now. Some people say they're playing because of the visuals, and exploring the different parts of the map. Some people think the universe is dead and boring. Some people say it's too hard, and they don't like that you have to grind for drops. Others find the difficulty is the most rewarding part of the game, and are hooked on grinding for new items. Some people don't like that there isn't a hub world with a developed social element, while some prefer the convenience of launching missions from orbit and not having to run back and forth between NPCs to gather quests.

The only thing people unanimously agree on is that the story is written very poorly. Beyond that, mileage varies quite a bit, because expectations for what the game is and should be are so different. All I know is that I'm still having fun playing, getting loot, bumping the difficulty and I can't wait to do the raid.

I haven't found it very difficult at all. But, I just hit level 20.

It appears from here some serious strike grinding, of the heroic daily strikes, is necessary. Not sure I have the stomach for it.

I'm still sort of trying to wrap my head around how best to advance. To get a big picture of the game's systems, so to speak.

Up to 20 it's just "get more experience". But now I'm a little at a loss, as there is no more experience. All I know is you have to get "light gear", somehow...

Anyone able to let me know how you actually get into a PvP match? I couldn't find the option last night.

Back