GTA V announced [2011] , [2021-11-11]

Pre load has started ins ome parts of the world.

From one of th eyoutubers who is uploading clips:
The driving is REALLLLYYY weird getting used too. It is NOT like GTA 4 AT ALL.

Last edited by a moderator:
From the videos the driving looked less arcadey than San Andreas by quite a bit, but also a lot more fun and responsive than GTA IV.

So it seems like they have a good balance, I think I will like the driving.

I'm 10 hours into the game - it is absolutly INSANE! I am really out of words...
I dont know how I will be able to play other games after GTAV...

Weird confusing pre lad for this one. A lot of people are already downloading, while it doesn't appear for a lot in other reagions.
There are reports that there is not pre load for US. WTF !

I'm 10 hours into the game - it is absolutly INSANE! I am really out of words...
I dont know how I will be able to play other games after GTAV...
Encouraging :) Does it just leap into insane or does it slide into it subtly? I.e, I remember in San Andreas starting out tagging cars, thieving, murders, assassinations, wiping out a drug cult then breaking into Area 69, where I remember thinking "how the hell did I end up here?".

Weird confusing pre lad for this one. A lot of people are already downloading, while it doesn't appear for a lot in other reagions.
There are reports that there is not pre load for US. WTF !
Certainly in the UK the pre-order downloads was from Sunday at 3pm BST, I've read in lots of places the pre-order downloads in the US don't start until sometime Monday (today).

Encouraging :) Does it just leap into insane or does it slide into it subtly? I.e, I remember in San Andreas starting out tagging cars, thieving, murders, assassinations, wiping out a drug cult then breaking into Area 69, where I remember thinking "how the hell did I end up here?".

I'm not really deep with the missions, I'm only at about 10%, but I like to spend time just driving around, and the level of detail is out-of-this-world. I mean everything is so good and so "exactly how it should be" that I feel like laughing and crying at the same time! I am very picky - but I have not had ANY thing to even remotly complain about... I dont want to spoil anything, you will see. If there is a game that you MUST play, this is it (and I'm not even a big fan of GTA, I'm more of a RPG/FPS kind of guy)

This raises the bar so so so so far in terms of quality of production, I'm not sure who will be able to follow...

I'm not really deep with the missions, I'm only at about 10%, but I like to spend time just driving around, and the level of detail is out-of-this-world. I mean everything is so good and so "exactly how it should be" that I feel like laughing and crying at the same time! I am very picky - but I have not had ANY thing to even remotly complain about... I dont want to spoil anything, you will see. If there is a game that you MUST play, this is it (and I'm not even a big fan of GTA, I'm more of a RPG/FPS kind of guy)

This raises the bar so so so so far in terms of quality of production, I'm not sure who will be able to follow...

Oh my..... Hold me.
biblethump.png

I can't take it anymore, this wait is going to kill me and this post isn't helping! I NEED to play this game NOW!

Bah ! No preload on US store even today :rolleyes: ! What kindof a preorder is this? EU people have already preloaded it. US always gets the short end on psn.

also, people are already playing the game, yet, still no reviews ?!?!?!

Someone with a development team the size of a small nation who also has a near limitless budget, i.e. probably no-one.

I just watched one of our editors play the 360 version and the level of detail is just insane. That said, that tow truck mission I've seen him do is also the very reason why I'm still on the fence. Same dull formula that's been there since GTA3.

Can't wait. Who else can have a $250 mil budget for a game? :smile:

Someone with a development team the size of a small nation who also has a near limitless budget, i.e. probably no-one.

I just watched one of our editors play the 360 version and the level of detail is just insane. That said, that tow truck mission I've seen him do is also the very reason why I'm still on the fence. Same dull formula that's been there since GTA3.

Thats concerning, if they haven't jigged up the gameplay , it might turn boring very soon for me, just like gta4 did.
Anyways, we will get it soon in our hands to try it out. But the no preload policy for US is really damn weird.

Still on the fence as well. But I'm really curious about it, as always, just from a technical perspective alone, and I like sandboxes like these (which are, all told, fairly rare). But GTA IV really didn't appeal to me as a game, just because nothing about the main characters or what they do interested me any bit.

Having some boring by the numbers missions is a given..

I did get pretty bored of GTA4 after about 40hrs in. And never did finish RDR after hitting Mexico. Still, there's a certain draw to RS games, at least in the beginning that's fun to experience.

Still on the fence as well. But I'm really curious about it, as always, just from a technical perspective alone, and I like sandboxes like these (which are, all told, fairly rare). But GTA IV really didn't appeal to me as a game, just because nothing about the main characters or what they do interested me any bit.

I can only talk about 2 characters, Michael and Franklin, and they are beautifull! You will love them. Extremely believeable acting and superb script!

There is also a dog - and you get to BE the dog!!!

Back