[PS3] Killzone 3 game discussion

Heh heh, in such a situation, it's total chaos and fun in a maniac sort of way. That's what I played KZ2 for. But I also want to have a tactical game once in a while.

Giving people too much rope to hang themselves doesn't sound like a responsible idea. ^_^
I'm fine with either improving the spawn grenade or a tactical spawn point solution, as long as they work.

I played a few more games. I think if you ignore your kill/death ratio, focus on winning the objectives, the game can be hectic and chaotic too. Died a lot, but had tons of fun. Won 2 warzones. Got back from behind and forced a draw in another one (1-3 to 3-3). Not too shabby !

The ribbons (e.g., faster reload) are only temporary right ? Once I sign out, they will be gone, correct ?

EDIT: Not too sure what to think of the Mech and Jetpack yet. They add to the variety, so far not too annoying. They should cost the enemies more points if we take them out. The bots are relatively easy to destroy compared to KZ2 ones.

GG may need to tune the maps further. Right now, it's possible for Helghast to snipe one of the ISA spawn exits from a tall building in the green map. They should cover the line of sight. I know Zipper would block these extremely long ones to force the snipers to come closer. ^_^

Other than that, I wish they would port the KZ2 maps over. I really liked them (Very unique !).

Steel Rain dlc. Jet packs and Mechs! :D

http://www.killzone.com/kz3/en_US/thegame/gallery.html#/?content-id=ss110224_09

kz3_ss_2011-02-24_steel-rain_05.jpg

Paid DLC already ?

Also the jungle map is retarded, it looks nice but the only game mode it has is bodycount, hence it turns into a camp feast due to the design and look of the map.

Paid DLC already ?

Why not? There's a ton of time between certification, going gold, and then shipping to retailers. DLC can be done on a simultaneous development track, and can even start earlier since there is the quality assurance period for bug-fixing and testing for the rest of the game. The whole certification process is simpler.

If you take the stance that they should delay the game for these three maps, that still doesn't stop them from starting work on another three maps when those first three maps are finished and ready for inclusion into the retail game. The cycle continues. I'd just be glad enough that they managed their time and resources so that the new content had such timing.

Of course, we can go back and forth all day about pricing, but it still costs money to produce. *shrug*

1st WOW moment. And still the 1st level when you go up the steps and into the massive hangar! Unbelievable detail! The place is just alive! The scale is just immense...

Man, I can't play! LOL. I'm gawping at everything! I didn't the this was possible on a console! Especially with this image quality! MLAA working brilliantly. The jump from KZ2 tech wise is massive.

I guess PlayStation Plus members will have the DLC free ? or maybe a discount... Wow Mechs and jetpacks. this will lead to apocalyptic battlefield lol. I just regret all themaps are not playable in every modes. So far my favorite is Frozen Dam and the one I hate is the Turbine one and Pyrhus Crate.

One minor problem I have with the game is the repartition of some weapons on the classes. IMO i think that the Marksman's indefinite cloaking system +++ shouldn't have a silencer gun. His cloaking system is too powerful and with his ability to disable the radar of the ennemy it's too easy to camp and get kills.

I only play the only play with the tactician , engineer and infiltrator because of their weapons. The STA52SE is my favorite weapon so far and I love the infiltrator class to rush. He 's really good for assassination mode.

Guerilla should tune the party system too. being in a squad is pretty difficult. They did a good job in KZ2 for the squad system. Now it looks damn chaotic and everyone is playing for their own XP points and fewcare about changing class and take the tactician for the spawn points. I did some good and really awful games without any tacticians....Having a tactician in one team can really change the battlefield.

Its still early days yet, give people the chance to get used to the game a bit an im sure more tactical play will evolve shortly. The people just going for kills will get bored and move on eventually and leave a community that is interested in the objective bassed games. KZ2 wasnt much different the first few weeks of play if i remember correctly.

Man, I can't play! LOL. I'm gawping at everything! I didn't the this was possible on a console! Especially with this image quality! MLAA working brilliantly. The jump from KZ2 tech wise is massive.

I know exactly what you mean man:), I got shot and died so many times just to embrace all the visuals, I mean the unbelievable polygon density along with all the particles and lights are just too much. The crazy thing is that it's full of detail per cubic meter, look up the sky more often and you'll always see something happening. I swear I missed so many actions on my first play through after watching a few gifs. Only gripe is the dialed down OMB, it's really subtle compared to kz2.

Anything dialed back from KZ2 to achieve THIS was the right choice IMO. Density is the perfect way to describe! It's just crammed with layer upon layer of detail. And the framerate is just rock solid. Just awe inspiring.

Beat the campaign on Veteran, if I ever go for Elite, I need to tape crosshairs to my TV.
Frankly, I thought KZ2's campaign was more coherent and KZ3 had just a few too many on-rail shooter moments.

Not having a proper end boss sucked too

I remember KZ2's timeline was pretty short. It's one thing after another, easy to follow. KZ3 timeline spans over 6 months with some retrospective look. Some of the time jump transitions could be handled better (e.g., the start of the armor car snow chase scene).

Artstyle-wise, KZ2 is more consistent and refined. KZ3 is more open and varied.

Gameplay-wise, KZ3 also has more variety but reduces regular FPS gameplay, leaving people wanting more :p. People were complaining that KZ2 has not enough variety and colors too. XD

I'm still searching for a SP level for me to toy with the AI.

Its still early days yet, give people the chance to get used to the game a bit an im sure more tactical play will evolve shortly. The people just going for kills will get bored and move on eventually and leave a community that is interested in the objective bassed games. KZ2 wasnt much different the first few weeks of play if i remember correctly.

Yeah... the advanced classes will take some time to get used to. Right now, I'm seeing people experimenting with weapons, choke points and firing points. I could steal the objectives while they were distracted. Very soon, they'll own me. :LOL:

I think GG should emphasizes the objective game stats and downplay K/D ratio. It kinda changes the game.

Paid DLC already ?

Also the jungle map is retarded, it looks nice but the only game mode it has is bodycount, hence it turns into a camp feast due to the design and look of the map.

Can Infiltrators or Engineers lay charges in KZ3 ? I remember KZ2 Saboteurs could.

Deathmatch in KZ3 favors the Marksman and Infiltrator I think. Got killed by Infiltrators many times in the last beta.

I only play Warzone since launch. May go back to Deathmatch once I level up enough. :cool:

EDIT: I can't find a date for the DLC. Wonder how it will sell against so many full FPS games this year.

I found a small article on Killzone 3's launch in today's NRC Handelsblad (basically the most serious Dutch paper), noting that it was the new biggest cultural production to come out of the Netherlands. This means it was more expensive to make as Killzone 2, because that one also was the recordholder before it. They didn't know the budget of either.

The most expensive product after that is Zwartboek, a recent Dutch movie (on WW2). This movie cost about 17 million euro to make. I think it is safe to say that either Killzone dwarfs that by a fair margin - what would people guess here, 60 million?

I really like the FPS gunplay, that's why I was so disappointed with so many on rails segments, and most of the action cutscenes, except one involving a capture trooper, weren't that great, not as many explosion sound effects made them weak. During gameplay, sounds are really good though except they only have 2 different samples for all metal clanging sounds.

Hah! Just noticed boot prints in the trenches aswell! Loads of lovely touches......Loving the life out of it so far.

OK, i'm still in gushing mode 8)......The amount of little details and touches is quite remarkable considering the hardware it's running on. IMO it's top of the console pile ..considerably this gen.

Back