[PS3] Killzone 3 game discussion

So who is actually paying the game, its out today in US right? the lack of impressions doesnt bode well for the sales :LOL:

Come on lets start getting some impressions in. I was high when i played so so im intersted to know whether it was the drugs i was on or if it truly is the 'greatest FPS evar!!!' :LOL:

So who is actually paying the game, its out today in US right? the lack of impressions doesnt bode well for the sales :LOL:

Come on lets start getting some impressions in. I was high when i played so so im intersted to know whether it was the drugs i was on or if it truly is the 'greatest FPS evar!!!' :LOL:

I've been playing through and also watching my son play through(getting older sometimes I like to watch). So far the SP is definitely a step up from KZ2 in all aspects. For some reason the SP of KZ2 did not click with me, it was ok but definitely not the top tier of FPS imo. Don't understand all the hate the story because it seems to be more streamlined and less cheesy this time around. I care more about the characters and hate the Higgs even more:LOL:.

The only thing I don't like is the short campaign and the lack of online co-op. Everything else so far has been ace.

Launch trailer. Not sure the music fits but sums up what the game is about for people on the fence quite well. Beware of spoilers for those buying ;)

Dindnt see as much destuctability while playing as there is in the trailer (especially at 00:46), i must go back and play again and just shoot around at the environments and throwing grenades must have been poping heads(
stealth level
was like shooting darts at blood filled balloons!) too accurately with move :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
Took me around 7 hours using move and on normal mode. With DS3 id expect it to take longer.

Cool that's a good length. I don't like it when every game is an epic 20+ hour run, sometimes I just want a shorter but fun ride. 6 to 8 hours to me is a nice length, I'll stick to Oblivion for the 50+ hour gaming.

Didn't you just give the whole 1080p/same horsepower speech? Why are you seriously doubting 1080p, now?

C'mon dude, you know better than that. PR saying 50% doesn't mean everything in the game can be just doubled. At a minimum just do the math. If they went with a similar gbuffer layout in KZ3 as in KZ2 then they would need to do mrt with 5 1920x1080 buffers, at 4 bytes/pixel each, and they would need two sets of them. That's ~80MB that would have to be spent just on the buffers alone, not even mentioning the processing time needed to fill them.

I'd like to compare baseball games, but I can't do that here. :)

Lol I wish we would. We had 60fps + hdr + fully polygonal crowd (60k+ attendance, no imposters) + 4xmsaa + 5+ million polygons per scene (hitting 10+ million in 30fps replay) + full 24 hour time of day lighting + volumetric grass with millions of individual blades, all on the 360 back in early '08. And we were just getting warmed up :) Shame that studio got oblitherated because we would have given MLB The Show a run for it's money.

Mine has been shipped but don't have it yet. The demo though looked and played better than KZ2 in most ways for me so I'm feeling good about this game being fun. Wish it had coop though :(

Man, just finished playing for a bit. What an adrenaline rush. The amount of things going off at one time is mind blowing. I need to get psmove pack for this game, feels like im missing out.

How hard could it have been to add online coop when its even more work for offline? You have to suspect they just ran out of time or something and we may see an update later.

That's why i love Shopto.com... come this time tomorrow evening i'll be all over this beauty.
Wow they already shipped your order ?
Even I buy my stuff from shopto but since I wanted to get the CE Game was pretty much my only option as no other online retailer is selling the CE. :/

Salamun market on the map pack just blew me away. They really did it justice by making it a daylight map. phew.....I hope you guys get to try it. Also, the layout is not exactly the same, a few passages have been redesign,seems like it works well, ii'll have to try it online. Have been playing against bots so i could run around and enjoy the scenary.

I just got to the mawler section and so far it's awesome!Story plays much better and is like scifi movie,I think its definitely one of the best at doing that.

Graphics are the best on console I have seen.Game is epic non stop :smile:

mods, can you please clean this shit up?

Anyway... I'm 2 hours in and man do I love it! Everything, from the controls, the new slide to cover, gameplay, graphics and sound (although the sound in the cutscenes don't seem to be as impressive). And no more excessive cursing!

KZ3 is razor sharp compared to KZ2, and the motion blur is well done. Draw distance, character models and textures are MUCH better. It's much more colorful and vibrant this time around. I'll avoid feeding trolls with "best graphics ever" comments, but it's definitely up there.

The greatest and most obvious improvement is probably the teammate AI. Rico is a different person in KZ3. In fact, he's like my personal hero in the game now… until he does something stupid again (touch wood !). ^_^

I really loved the first minutes of the Solo campaign. That's one of the ideas fans wanted to have in a playable form in the gamea dn it works perfectly.Also the game is really gorgeous looking you can just take your time watching at the level design and all those stuffs happening.

They really improved the pace of the game.There is no boring moments and you constantly have something or someone to shoot this time. no long corridorsto spend running on.

Maybe one of the minor problems is the kind of " freezing " moment to ensure no loading time and streaming the game without stop. I was playing 2 hours straight and was waiting for a loading screen between levels but there seems to have just a few.

Concerning the Online multiplayer it's like in the Beta with improved features. The 8 maps are well designed and I mostly play Warzone and operations modes which are by far the most interesting.

I just regret they removed the grenade spawn from KZ2 but it's gone for good.

I love what GG did.

I hate waiting while everyone else is playing. No luck today with the store getting their copies delivered early, try again tomorrow.

Back