[PS3] Killzone 3 game discussion

Here's a question for you guys that are playing, or have already finished. Do you find that Killzone 3 plays like a refined version of Killzone 2, or do you find that they've changed enough that it feels like a considerably different game?

Here's a question for you guys that are playing, or have already finished. Do you find that Killzone 3 plays like a refined version of Killzone 2, or do you find that they've changed enough that it feels like a considerably different game?

In SP, it plays like a faster, lighter weight and more pleasant KZ2. Haven't encountered hints of infinite spawn yet.

It feels more pleasant because the colors are (more) vibrant in some areas. You'll be fighting in daylight more (and less corridor-wy). Plus you can sprint fast, quite a bit faster according to my memory.

Haven't played enough MP to comment. I suspect the new game is more suitable for clan war.

EDIT: In normal mode, the AI hide behind cover pretty well. I got ambushed 2-3 times. Waited a brief moment and thought I had cleared out the area, but one would sprang from behind to surprise me.

Played it with Move and the pistol attachment. It's not the best combination because ducking and especially ducking and sighting with the gun is very difficult because you need to use at the same time the Move button on the right hand plus with your left hand the Navigation Controllers trigger.
Does the Sharpshooter have better placement for the duck/cover button? I really like to play KZ3 with the Move, after getting used to it, feels so much better and natural than DualShock, but with the pistol attachment some moves are a bit of a hassle. Without the attachment it's better, but doesn't feel quite so good as you don't feel like holding a gun but a remote controller.
I'm only at the beginning, but the game is wonderful! Amazed by the graphics and the whole game just oozes quality.

You laugh now.

I was surprised and a little disgusted (at first) when the thought of "Rico, help !" or "Rico, hurry up !" float up in my mind. :LOL:

Got the game today and I am speechless!!!!
After getting to the halfway line the only thing this game makes me think is how do they do this?
It has a few faults such as scripted deaths and the framerate isn't that great but the devs are surely an extremely talented bunch and no wonder Sony bought them up.
The multiplayer is a mess as nobody seems to want to work as a team and I feel the maps and gameplay have been designed around it.

The loading speeds of this game are incredible. We did an unofficial measurement of the load times by pausing a cutscene as soon as it starts and counting the time until the option to skip the cutscene becomes available. It's about 5-6 seconds for the before starting the demo level on the oil rig, which is very impressive.

It would amaze me if this game wasn't a system seller.
I can really see myself going through the campaign a couple of times, something I never did with halo reach.
Sony are on fire with this game and I expect the dlc to be great also.
I can only imagine what killzone on PS4 will look like.
What amazes me is the amount of complaints I am reading about this, some people need to step back and understand that this game is running on 5 year old hardware.

I personally wasn't wowed by the graphics as much as I was when I played KZ2. It's a definite improvement, but not a huge one like KZ2, which really felt like it was on a next-gen console to me at the time. Also, Sev's scarf texture is low res which is a little annoying.

Split screen has noticable LOD changes like Crysis 2 as well, but thankfully not in single-screen mode.

Disclaimer: I find C2 graphics impressive as well, it's just that LOD changes are something that I'm sensitive to, just like tearing. OTOH, I am not very sensitive to texture blur from QAA (I like softer, filmic look) or the difference between 25 and 30fps (not any lower though), so I really liked the look of KZ2 better in that regard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Think it mite benefit this thread to totally ban the words Crysis 2 or C2, not to single your comment out or anything just wana try and stear clear of the shitstorm we had earlier.

I did notice a couple of large LOD shifts while playing 2D but they seem to have some sort of dithering effect that attempts to smoothly blend the transition instead of a sudden pop so its much harder to notice and isnt so distracting.

The LMG seems much more powerful in SP than in MP(though it is still very effective in MP), are the guns tuned differently for each mode or something?

Last edited by a moderator:
Think it mite benefit this thread to totally ban the words Crysis 2 or C2, not to single your comment out or anything just wana try and stear clear of the shitstorm we had earlier.

I did notice a couple of large LOD shifts while playing 2D but they seem to have some sort of dithering effect that attempts to smoothly blend the transition instead of a sudden pop so its much harder to notice and isnt so distracting.

The LMG seems much more powerful in SP than in MP(though it is still very effective in MP), are the guns tuned differently for each mode or something?
Some people might have armor or extra health.

By the way, does the open beta experience carry over to the final version?
Also, did they release a new patch for MP?

There is no install except for the 38MB update, it's a bit ridiculous to have to update the game on release day but at least it's short.

Not for a multiplayer game though - this way they could work on improving the multiplayer with the beta test results while the game was already shipping and there is nothing else to do, basically. ;)

Great game.Such beautiful levels with much more variation,not sure which I liked best:pOnly problems I have is ending could been better with some more detail and the one sound effect of falling pots/pans sucks.

They use fade-ins/fade -outs instead of pop ins/pop outs....much easier on the eyes.

Have made my way to the demo section and so far it's been a mind blowing experience:). The new found color pallet, the variation of gameplay and diversity of locales, the immensely improved graphics and sound have all contributed to a far superior game to kz2. A few things I miss from the kz3 are the aggressive motion blur, the dark levels from kz2 and Natko, though I haven't finish the game yet. The pacing is just perfect so far and the actions are very fun to play. Again, the graphics are simply unmatched on the consoles, easily stands above UC2 eg.

Have made my way to the demo section and so far it's been a mind blowing experience:). The new found color pallet, the variation of gameplay and diversity of locales, the immensely improved graphics and sound have all contributed to a far superior game to kz2. A few things I miss from the kz3 are the aggressive motion blur, the dark levels from kz2 and Natko, though I haven't finish the game yet. The pacing is just perfect so far and the actions are very fun to play. Again, the graphics are simply unmatched on the consoles, easily stands above UC2 eg.

Natko is your co-op partner but doesn't talk:???:....co-op seems to be last minute implementation.

Back