[PS3] Killzone 3 game discussion

In SP, it plays like a faster, lighter weight and more pleasant KZ2. Haven't encountered hints of infinite spawn yet.

It feels more pleasant because the colors are (more) vibrant in some areas. You'll be fighting in daylight more (and less corridor-wy). Plus you can sprint fast, quite a bit faster according to my memory.

Haven't played enough MP to comment. I suspect the new game is more suitable for clan war.

EDIT: In normal mode, the AI hide behind cover pretty well. I got ambushed 2-3 times. Waited a brief moment and thought I had cleared out the area, but one would sprang from behind to surprise me.

Sometimes the AI would try to sneak around cover, you go looking for him one way he might come behind you.

The capture troopers are scary.
Indifferent2.gif

Does the Sharpshooter have better placement for the duck/cover button? I really like to play KZ3 with the Move, after getting used to it, feels so much better and natural than DualShock, but with the pistol attachment some moves are a bit of a hassle. Without the attachment it's better, but doesn't feel quite so good as you don't feel like holding a gun but a remote controller.

I dont have the sharpshooter but I've read that there is a digitally mapped move button which is easy to reach. I'm seriously considering getting this attachment since I can't hold the move controller for more than 15 minutes because of all the hardware in my wrist :cry:

Completed the game. Decided to play with DS3 because my Move controllers were at home (Couldn't wait !).

Graphics-wise, it looks better after the initial few levels. I thought Narville's and Rico's faces were a little flat at the beginning. Environment looks clean and sharp. The lens flare and swirl are there but no longer the stars of the show. :(

Action-wise, it's intense. I think some people may be disappointed because they don't get to play FPS throughout the entire game. There are many cutscenes, on-rail shooting and/or scripted boss fights to break up the game. It's like a FPS Uncharted. ^_^

I saw some folks commented that the game is easy. If you want to cheese through the game, I think you can pick the most powerful weapons and bulldoze your way through. There are enough ammo points to fuel the power weapons. But if you're using regular guns, a few areas are pretty time consuming to get through because damn Helghasts were dug in. Rico is confirmed my hero for KZ3. Can't believe this is happening. I wanted him dead. :LOL:

Story-wise, I didn't pay attention. The ending is err....
abrupt.

Next up: Multiplayer. I doubt it can beat MAG, but will try anyway.

Sometimes the AI would try to sneak around cover, you go looking for him one way he might come behind you.

The capture troopers are scary.
Indifferent2.gif

I melee'ed one and shot the rest.

Short of time. Wondering which levels to replay at higher difficulty to toy with their AI. What do you suggest ?

EDIT: The game is patched to v1.03. Not sure if this release note applies to v1.03 or v1.01:
http://www.killzone.com/kz3/en_US/blog/news/2011-02-23_zero-day-patch.html

Gameplay:

Increased the number of melee kills needed to unlock Increased Accuracy

StA-3 LMG has had its spread increased and overall accuracy lowered

Lowered the range and recoil of the LS-57 SMG

Silent Footsteps has been removed as a ribbon and is now an unlockable skill

Capturing a Capture and Hold area in Operations will award the same amount of points as it does in Warzone – it was previously worth less

A specific screen has been added to inform players when a Skill has been unlocked

Medic: The LS-57 SMG replaces their previously equipped StA-11 SMG

Medic: The M224-1A LMG replaces their previously equipped LS-13 Shotgun

Engineer: The StA-11 SMG replaces their previously equipped LS-57 SMG

Tactician: The LS-13 Shotgun replaces their previously equipped M224-1A LMG

Tactician: Neutralizing and capturing Tactical Spawn Areas now have two different timers, allowing you to neutralize the ownership away from the enemy faction quicker

Tactician: Spot & Mark has been rebalanced - it will now ‘pulse’ like a sonar for 30 seconds, rather than stay constantly active during its duration

Infiltrator: Disguise ranges for each rank has been adjusted. At rank 1, any player can see through Disguise when targeting the Infiltrator. At rank 2, a player must be within 30m range. At rank 3, a player must be within 15m range. Additionally, Disguise at rank 2 has had its timer set to ‘indefinite’ and is no longer based on a timer.

Infiltrator: The sprint speed modifier earned from Survivalist has been decreased

New online trophies can be unlocked from the Retro Pack DLC

Kick-voting has been added to online matches

Experience points earned for completing mission objectives has been increased

Clans and Squads:

You can no longer rejoin a clan match that has already finished

Current clan ratings are more accurately reflected at the beginning of the match

Players will no longer start the game in a squad by themselves

Clan matches will no longer end in a draw if one clan quits out (therefore forfeiting) before the remaining clan is able to score points in Guerrilla Warfare

You will no longer hang after pressing the Start button right after accepting a clan invite on the region select screen

Network Issues:

Network errors experienced during the open beta, such as 20002 and 8001, should no longer occur

A 30 second time-out has been added to Multiplayer “joining” screen, should you experience an interruption in your connection

Players that don’t have the Retro Pack, who tried joining a friend who was currently playing on a Retro Pack map, will no longer receive a network error code

General Bugs:

You will no longer have the “Your Faction Has Won/Lost” image roll over into subsequent matches

You will no longer receive multiple unlock points when the server is out of sync

You will no longer accumulate additional unlock points after everything has been unlocked

Fixed an issue that caused the menu to stop responding after switching rapidly between the career unlocks screen and the multiplayer main menu

The Bullet Damage ribbon reward is now applied to all primary and secondary weapons that fire bullets

Tactician: Fixed an issue that prevented players from re-activating Spot & Mark for 60 seconds after they were killed with it active

CAMPAIGN

Cutscenes:

Stutter issues stemming from cutscenes that were loaded from the menu have been resolved
Icy Incursion: Audio is now in sync during the cutscene played while streaming into Providence Station

Gameplay:

Improved streaming performance for a smoother gameplay experience

GENERAL

Sharp shooter:

Square button is mapped to Jump when using the Sharpshooter

Adjusted the deadzone modifier when using the Sharpshooter

PlayStation Move:

Fixed a possible crash that could occur after playing the campaign while using the motion controller

Technical:

Killzone 3 is now integrated into the PSN store

Enhanced security features included to deter cheating

MP is superb ! Won my first KZ3 warzone. Brings back good KZ2 memories but the pace is faster here. Picked medic class to specialize in first. The MP art is more similar to KZ2 than the SP (\^o^/).

MP is superb ! Won my first KZ3 warzone. Brings back good KZ2 memories but the pace is faster here. Picked medic class to specialize in first. The MP art is more similar to KZ2 than the SP (\^o^/).

I'm not into multiplayer much these days but I do plan on sinking a few hours into this. If ur still playing by the time I get hooked up, I'll keep tabs if ur online ...

I'm still early in the game, both for SP and MP. Graphics look better in some ways than KZ2, and overall I enjoy playing it with Move so far. The most obvious and indisputable improvement IMO is Rico. Good to see he has reformed! I'm looking forward to playing co-op with a friend as we love split-screen co-op. :D

I'm dying quite a lot more so far in MP than in KZ2, both with Move and DS3. I'm dying a lot more even in the retro maps which I still have some memory. For the same amount of kills, I now have about twice as many deaths. :???:

I'm dying quite a lot more so far in MP than in KZ2, both with Move and DS3. I'm dying a lot more even in the retro maps which I still have some memory. For the same amount of kills, I now have about twice as many deaths. :???:

It might just be because others are playing MP with Move now and thus have much better aim accuracy ;-)

It might just be because others are playing MP with Move now and thus have much better aim accuracy ;-)

*Shrug* I try to move fast. Won 2 objectives for the team but lost one (was the assassination target :LOL:)

I suspect oramay may have encountered a few advanced classes. A good mix makes a whole world of differences.

Played some more MP and not improving the K/D ratio. I guess I just haven't touched shooter MP for too long (over a year).

I also miss the old spawn system. Right now, if the side you're on doesn't put much effort in capturing spawn points, the dying and running back to objective is a chore. Trying to become tactician to capture a spawn point on my own tends to result in a lot of deaths. It was much easier to throw a spawn grenade to get more spawn points in KZ2 or make a squad to spawn on squad leader. I also happen to like what people call "clusterf**k" in KZ2. I find 2 teams spawning in/near a small objective room to have an insane shootout with explosions everywhere fun and intense. :p It also means a shorter kill-and-be-killed cycle so points and upgrades can accumulate faster compared with running long distances to find enemies.

Played some more MP and not improving the K/D ratio. I guess I just haven't touched shooter MP for too long (over a year).

I also miss the old spawn system. Right now, if the side you're on doesn't put much effort in capturing spawn points, the dying and running back to objective is a chore. Trying to become tactician to capture a spawn point on my own tends to result in a lot of deaths. It was much easier to throw a spawn grenade to get more spawn points in KZ2 or make a squad to spawn on squad leader. I also happen to like what people call "clusterf**k" in KZ2. I find 2 teams spawning in/near a small objective room to have an insane shootout with explosions everywhere fun and intense. :p It also means a shorter kill-and-be-killed cycle so points and upgrades can accumulate faster compared with running long distances to find enemies.

Ha ha... the spawn grenades ? It's the primary cause of the so called clusterf*ck in KZ2. I love and hate it at the same time. Would have preferred them to allow enemies to destroy it instead of removing the spawn grenade completely. Otherwise, GG may need to implement more tactical spawn points all over the map such that it's impossible for one team to hold all realistically.

Ha ha... the spawn grenades ? It's the primary cause of the so called clusterf*ck in KZ2. I love and hate it at the same time. Would have preferred them to allow enemies to destroy it instead of removing the spawn grenade completely. Otherwise, GG may need to implement more tactical spawn points all over the map such that it's impossible for one team to hold all realistically.

There's no clusterf*ck if you have a good tactician, which is a rarity though, that's not a problem with the game, that's a problem with people being stupid in general.

There's no clusterf*ck if you have a good tactician, which is a rarity though, that's not a problem with the game, that's a problem with people being stupid in general.

An alternative explanation to that kind of spawn placement would be people actually like "clusterf**k". ;) Judging by the fact that there are plenty of people like me who willingly and repeatedly go into a "clusterf**k" when they see one (instead of quitting game), I would say there is no shortage of people who are either ok with it or even like it.

It allows what may normally be considered low skill players to get a lot of kills relatively quickly, and a good number of those kills may be players far more skillful than them in other areas of the game. The PC term may be "level the playing field". :LOL: It's like an implicit and far more exciting form of "boosting" where people trade kills quickly. :p

Back