Steam, Origin, Epic, Twitch, Good*, *Games Sales [2007-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love finding games at second hand shops
I even buy games I allready have just to have a backup
found Realms of the haunting for £1 not long ago

Ps: Do you know what the major chains do with the games,films,cd's ect they no longer want to stock
either because they have been returned or they no longer wnat to stock that product or its not selling and they want to
have the shelf space for something else ?

well they are delivered to a wharehouse that I sometimes work in, there they stay for a few days before another wagon
picks them up and takes them to a prison to be destroyed. (but not on Fridays because prisoners don't work on Fridays)

Now as a devoted follower of the teachings of the Gaming Gods It is my holy duty to prevent the destruction of these valuable religious artifacts and as if by a miracle some of these games latter appear in my house.
The power of the Gaming Gods is the only possible explanation.

Yeah unfortunately many second hand shops are dumping their PC inventories because of the wonders of registered serial numbers / game activations. Half Price Books does have a lot of old used PC games though. My local one is slowly expanding their retro console inventory too.

I'm not all that surprised that big retailers would destroy inventory instead of auctioning it or some such and risking it damaging their business down the road. Half Price Books is getting their brand new games from somewhere though...

Trine 2 is a pretty gorgeous little game. I'ts nothing more than a side scrolling platformer w/puzzles, but my kids love it. Really glad I grabbed it for $4 the other day.

Same here, picked it up for few pounds!

I like that Witcher 2 EE is on promotion today! Great price for that game :smile:

Yeah unfortunately many second hand shops are dumping their PC inventories because of the wonders of registered serial numbers / game activations. Half Price Books does have a lot of old used PC games though. My local one is slowly expanding their retro console inventory too.

I'm not all that surprised that big retailers would destroy inventory instead of auctioning it or some such and risking it damaging their business down the road. Half Price Books is getting their brand new games from somewhere though...

It wouldn't surprise me if they do like many recycling places. For example, HDD's that are brought in to be physically destroyed. They very rarely are unless you ask to see them destroyed. Otherwise if it's in good shape and a useable size, they often get sold to volume resellers. In Japan for instance many Chinese firms buy computer equipment that is, by contract, required to be destroyed by the recycling business.

So, I wouldn't be surprised if there was similar things going on with software that is supposed to be physically destroyed.

Regards,
SB

Well this Steam sale I picked up:

Crysis 2
Alan Wake
Batman: Arkham City
Deus Ex: HR
Killing Floor
Serious Sam 3 BFE
Civilization V

I wanted to pick up the new Driver and From Dust but they are both uPlay and I'm stubborn.

I have shown immense restraint this time around and have bought only super essentials:

Metro 2033
Borderlands GOTY.

One for sp and one for co-op. i have L4D and I don't like it at all so L4D2 was out of question for co-op, so got Borderlands instead. Heard the dlc is pretty fun :D !

So far have only purchased Lengend of Grimrock, and Walking Dead.

Edit: well since I posted this, I have finished the first two episodes of Walking Dead. The game is really different, allot like a tv show but with choices. I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to the following episodes.

Last edited by a moderator:
So far Alan Wake and Walking Dead (which does not fucking work!)

What problem are you having with this game, just finished the first two episodes, and it ran perfectly.

the first time the game is ran it starts with some strange resolution, is that your problem?

Edit: I use the word "strange" only because I can not remember what res it started at.

Nah it crashes on startup. Plenty other reports of the sane issue around the web. Devs have no fix.

Got to wonder, what hardware combination could be causing that problem?

Edit: in those post that you said others were having the same problem, did they say what their hardware setup was?

Could you please provide a link to others having this problem, might help us figure it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well no one in those links you provided had any info on their hardware setups, so that makes it kind of difficult to come to any conclusion.

Finally Dead Island was back on a good discount. I think I'm now done buying stuff. In total I got:

-Dead Island
-Trine 2
-Galactic Civilizations 2
-Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
-Bulletstorm
-Deus Ex HR
-Alan Wake bundle
-Saints Row the third
-Fallout New Vegas
-Civ V GOTY
-L.A. Noire
-Batman Arkham City

Should last me a while and I have lot's of other unplayed games as well. I don't know where to start :???:

Requiring Origin <sigh>, I only have it for BF3 but the recent news about BF4 have put me off even getting the DLC that was coming and swearing off the franchise altogether.

I don't understand. The game is coming out not one but TWO years after BF3. it's not being turned into CoD where you get 17 every year if you count the handheld ports and the occasional wii port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back