Steam, Origin, Epic, Twitch, Good*, *Games Sales [2022]

Kaotik

Drunk Member
Legend
Supporter
Apparently you can buy Red Dead Redemption 2 on Epic for $10, but it’s slightly convoluted.

You buy Red Dead Online for $5 ($15 - the unlimited $10 coupon) on Epic, launch the game and buy the story mode upgrade (via the in-game store) for another $5. Altogether $10, versus $20 ($30 - $10) for RDR2 on Epic. I can’t see the upgrade price on either Rockstar’s or Epic’s store, so I’m taking the internet’s word for it.

I don’t know if you pay for the story mode via Epic or Rockstar store payment, but no one said saving $10 on a three year old game would be easy. ;)
At least my Epic doesn't seem to find Red Dead Online at all

Region locked? Here’s the US link: https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/red-dead-redemption-2--red-dead-online

Sale ends the 6th for RDO. No idea when the $5 story mode sale ends.
I tried through the launcher originally, that link seems to work and it changes to eur as soon as you try to buy it, but prices "match" as in $=€
Didn't go through with the purchase though, I have it on Xbox anyway and it didn't hook me on it enough to play past the couple first hours

Steam's doing quite well.

https://www.gamingbible.co.uk/news/...GuMox2TtlUEc_eDtzW7yYJDw7ALcDifeHmCn1jI-ANYiU

Steam Blasts Into 2022 With New 28 Million Concurrent User Record

''PC gaming is more popular than ever
1f64c.png
''

Steam's doing quite well.

https://www.gamingbible.co.uk/news/...GuMox2TtlUEc_eDtzW7yYJDw7ALcDifeHmCn1jI-ANYiU

Steam Blasts Into 2022 With New 28 Million Concurrent User Record

''PC gaming is more popular than ever
1f64c.png
''

To put that in context it looks like the PS5 and Xbox Series consoles between them had sold about 22.4m by end of October last year so it's likely by now they would have sold another ~3m or so by now. Obviously that's under severe supply constraints though. Nevertheless that does put into context the importance of the PC for "next gen only" games, especially if those games are console exclusives.

Elex on Epic £7.99
I really enjoyed this game, think gothic on an alien planet after a disaster with a medieval/magic/hi tec mix of weapons and equipment
ps: there seems to be a lot of games priced just below the threshold of when my £10 voucher becomes usable (£13.99)

ps: there seems to be a lot of games priced just below the threshold of when my £10 voucher becomes usable (£13.99)
Epic’s $10 coupon has been extended a day in some regions (US, CAN, UK), so you may (if it’s still in your account) be able to use it on games that previously didn’t qualify as the sale is now over.

Ryse Son of Rome £1.99 on steam
also Shadow Warrior 2 is dirt cheap on steam, if you liked doom you'll like this

Shadow Warrior 2 is great, but it's more Borderlands (a looter shooter) than it is like Doom. It's also infinitely better than Borderlands 3.

Shadow Warrior 1 (2013) is the one that is most like the original game and the most like Doom.

The upcoming Shadow Warrior 3, interestingly enough ditches the looter shooter genre from Shadow Warrior 2 and is instead modeling itself more after Doom (2016+ versions).

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
Ryse Son of Rome £1.99 on steam
also Shadow Warrior 2 is dirt cheap on steam, if you liked doom you'll like this

Thank you! Shadow Warrior 1 was a blast and the sequel was on my wishlist. I’ve had Ryse for a while and actually just started it yesterday. Gorgeous graphics for the time.

Steam : 2K Publisher sale
X-Com 2 - 94% reduced from £34.99 to £2.10 also play for free for the next 2 days
Also Freedom Force + Freedom Force vs the Third Reich both £0.74 each - These are great games highly recommended

Last edited:
Steam : 2K Publisher sale
X-Com 2 - 94% reduced from £34.99 to £2.10 also play for free for the next 2 days
Also Freedom Force + Freedom Force vs the Third Reich both £0.74 each - These are great games highly recommended

Great price on Xcom 2.

Humble VR Discovery bundle:

$1 Tower Tag
$12 adds Cook-out, Panopticon, Red Matter, Trover Saves the Universe
$BTA (currently $12.22) adds Blaston, Synth Riders

Because the BTA is above the “top” tier, you need to beat it (pay $12.23+) to get all the games.

I think Fanatical has another great VR bundle going, too.

Humble’s Sid Meier Ultimate Collection bundle is Civ 6 Platinum, Civ 5 Complete, Civ 4 Complete, and a bunch of other titles (no Alpha Centauri) for $15, plus a coupon to get the New Frontier Pass for $15 to net you Civ 6 Anthology.

Humble’s Overwhelmingly Positive Gems bundle is $12 for Shadow Man Remastered, Huntdown, There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension, Clone Drone in the Danger Zone, Bang-On Balls: Chronicles, Kathy Rain Director’s Cut, and Finding Paradise (all 95+% Steam rated games) for $12.

Gears of War Tactics (Microsoft Store) is $4 at GameStop and Target. It’s a Play Anywhere title, so you can play it on Xbox or Windows PC (via the MS Store).

Humble has a couple more good bundles, probably to promote their revamped Choice (fewer games, smaller initial Store discount, but only $12). I’m not going to argue.

5 days left for the Sid Meier bundle, 7 for the VR Discovery and Positive Gems bundles, and 19 for this Heroines bundle. The Choice bundle is probably good until the fourth Tuesday from now, so I guess 25 days?

If you pay by PayPal, check the Deals section as there might be a discount for a Humble purchase.

Heroines Bundle:
$1 Tacoma
$12 Celeste, Cloudpunk, Gears 5
$20 Bloodstained Ritual of the Night, Scarlet Nexus, Severed Steel

March Choice:
$12 Dark Pictures Man of Medan, Desperados 3, Evan’s Remains, Mass Effect Legendary Edition (Origin key!), Nebuchadnezzar, Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl, Police Stories, Red Solstice 2 Survivor

They also have a Video Game Histories by Boss Fight Books bundle up for another 15 days. $18 for 31 ebooks.

Back