[360] Forza Motorsport 3

Is it just me or does the flipping car not have a shadow? Also, long shadows from some of the surroundings don't match the "high noon" short shadows for the cars. Can Turn10 fix that and the cockpit view for release?

Yeah just noticed that, there's a huge disconnect between environment shadows, car shadows and your car shadows.

Your car shadows don't match the shadows from the other cars either.

The damage modeling was pretty neat after the roll over though. Although I would have expected the damage to be more extensive in RL.

Regards,
SB

The damage modeling was pretty neat after the roll over though. Although I would have expected the damage to be more extensive in RL.

Regards,
SB

Infact in real life the roof would've probably been squished/ deformed atleast a bit after something like that.

I for one thought the flip over felt out of place mainly
1) due to lack of car shadow making it look like something from some other place
2) & secondly because of the flip animation [donno why but it didnt seemed as nice with no car parts coming off in the flipping process].

The car roll looked so out of place. The physics didnt convey enough weight either during the car roll

Its normal racing, just that instead of driving around laps on circuts, your driving from point A to B on some raceway that is long and doesn't connect (so u cannot lap)

Ah ok cool, so it's closer to a Gumball 3000 type mode then...nice. That's what I wanted added to the game. As much as I like regular racing, doing the same laps over and over gets quite boring. Random point to point route generators are a nice feature to have if they could pull it off.

Ah ok cool, so it's closer to a Gumball 3000 type mode then...nice. That's what I wanted added to the game. As much as I like regular racing, doing the same laps over and over gets quite boring. Random point to point route generators are a nice feature to have if they could pull it off.

I seriously doubt you are getting random routes in a city. If you want that get PGR3 which has a custom route maker.

Infact in real life the roof would've probably been squished/ deformed atleast a bit after something like that.

I for one thought the flip over felt out of place mainly
1) due to lack of car shadow making it look like something from some other place
2) & secondly because of the flip animation [donno why but it didnt seemed as nice with no car parts coming off in the flipping process].

Exactly. In a high-speed collision you would expect to see a copious blend of deformation and disintegration; and in this case a frail Audi R8 limping away from the accident scene a subcompact.

Forza Felipe Siamo Con Te :(

From Forzacentral:

-Drift Scoring system
-Rewind will de-certify lap times, not available online
-Auto Brake will not de-certify lap times
-Option to lock out auto brake online
-Clutch button for controller
-Will miss gears if clutch not pressed
-Will damage clutch if not pressed
-Faster shift times with clutch (weird)
-Auto upgrade, not tuning
-Makes a build to a PI target
-Will stop if there is insufficient credits
-Improved multiplayer search options
-search for drift, drag, circuit, drive type, class, etc...
-popular game types will become searchable when they're created
-all multiplayer races are payed (i.e.: will earn credits for all game types)
-single race, timed race, p2p, drag, drift, multi-class, tag mode (tag, keep the IT, virus), cat and mouse, elimination (knockout)...
-change scoring type: timed, drift score, best lap, damage, teams/groups
-change start order/type: by PI, place, ascending or descending, rolling, delayed rolling
-lock groups in specific cars, PI class, etc...
-save-able/nameable game types
-Changed PI system
-all cars get PI, incl R class
-Production cars will upgrade to and through the R classes
-PI is based on the ability of the car and not the AI's ability to drive it
-Should eliminate "missiles"
-more parts for smaller PI increments
-new body kits, rims
-upgradeable race cars
-Cars will be able to be flipped back over after a roll

More info coming all the time.

More info coming all the time.

Hmmm, I wonder if they'll have a realistic racing option such that cars won't get flipped back over after if they flip and land on their head.

Or if they total a car such that it is no longer driveable.

Would certainly promote better and more strategic driving if people had to wonder if they'll even be able to finish a race.

Regards,
SB

http://www.forzacentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=532077&postcount=1

Circuit de Catalunya and N-Ring revealed and more cars. This is really shaping up nicely. Give me Spa NAO!

2009 Alfa Romeo Brera Ti
2009 Alfa Romeo Mito
2010 Fiat 500 Abarth SS
2009 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
2009 Ford Focus RS
2009 Lotus Evora
2009 MINI John Cooper Works
2009 Renault Twingo Renault Sport Cup
2008 Saab 9-3 Turbo X
2009 SEAT Ibiza Cupra
2009 Vauxhall Corsa VXR
2009 Volvo C30 R-Design

Hmmm, I wonder if they'll have a realistic racing option such that cars won't get flipped back over after if they flip and land on their head.

Or if they total a car such that it is no longer driveable.

Would certainly promote better and more strategic driving if people had to wonder if they'll even be able to finish a race.

Regards,
SB

As far as totaling a car, Dan Greenawalt said the car roll over they demonstrated on stage at E3 would have totaled that car had simulation damage been on.

What would be the need for not having damage simulation on at E3? Also, what would be the reasoning behind not having it on in the Gametrailers dev video?

On another note, how many tracks and cars will X360 Arcade owners be able to use in FM3? One of the two discs is a content install disc, right?

It's a good question for anyone looking do do the 3-monitor thing.

Man that would be awesome!

Whats the best steering wheel for a simulation on he 360 btw?

That setting along with a good steering wheel will be an awesome experience

Forza 3 Career Mode: Start Your Engines

Over the next three days, we're taking you in-depth with Forza 3's spankin' new Career Mode. Why three days? There's just that much going on.

We're kicking things off with the basics. What follows are the nuts and bolts of Forza 3's Career Mode. Tomorrow, we'll dig deeper and look at tuning, the progression of your career and more. For today, let's just stick to what you can expect in your first season.

Back