[360] Forza Motorsport 3

Screw the games screenies, I'd like to partake in those fourth of July festivities with the guacamole! om nom nom nom

Anyone know if FM3 will support the 3 monitor mode like FM2? Sure it's ridiculous and off the wall, but it's a cool easter egg of sorts.

Dammit, that video basicaly beats everything I've seen in racing games so far. Very nice scenery and sensation of speed...

Plus, it's only showing a very small portion of the cockpit at that. Weird. I wonder what's the problem?

Turn10 commented that the cockpit view was a recent implimentation and needed performance optimizing. We will find out in a couple months if that is true--I hope it is.

OK, not a big thing but I was quite impressed by the hood reflections. And how the light reflected off it was also affected by the world shadows. Likewise the intensity of the reflections went down as the car/hood was angled away from the sun and increased when it was closer to perpendicular to the sun. It was a very nice subtle effect.

Those little white flowers along the side were a nice touch also. :)

Regards,
SB

The reflections are a big upgrade as FM2 they were low resolution and often updated far less frequently. I wonder if they are using the last frames framebuffer ala PGR4?

Yeah... quite impressive as you can even see the other cars being reflected. Nice. And the draw distance down into the valley as they round that first turn provides a good sense of scale. Big improvement over FM2 imo.

Cars still look like made with paper. They are far from reaching GT realism - imo.
Background details surpass GT though, which I believe is more important to me because I will probably play on 1st perspective.

Camino viejo looks fantastic. I'd be picky on the cars in replay (because all it needs is just a bit of shader parameter tweaking, you don't even need to do anything else), but in gameplay it looks stunning. And I race in hood mode anyway. :D

Car ahead/behind- I prefer the Forza 2 position of these stats a lot more, and I don't think it's just inertia.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think comparing two unreleased games is pretty pointless (unless you're comparing GT5P and FM3), especially since we have seen pretty much nothing of GT5.

Indeed, this sort of comparison has no place in the Forza 3 game thread, here to talk about Forza 3 and not the competition. There's bound to be comparisons of the two games, but that belongs in a separate thread to keep cross-platform pollution out of platform specific game threads.

Back