F.E.A.R. 2 Project Origin

Blade47167

Newcomer
So the F.E.A.R. 2 Demo has hit the PS3 and I must say that they have fixed alot of the problems from the first one. I never really noticed any framerate hits even with mass amounts of stuff going on screen and the graphics defiently don't look like they are from the PS2. The load times were still a bit lengthy but hopefully thats corrected by the release.

The game itself is as awesome as ever. Flippable cover, body parts galore, and not really scary but the things that make you jump are all present and accounted for. I'm really hoping this game turns out to be as good as the first and hopefully playable on the PS3 in full lol.

EDIT:
Demo is only available via Qore. Forgot to post this.

Last edited by a moderator:
The demo's out! :oops: :runaway:

Edit: Yeah, in my region it's not. Hope they release one for the PC at the same time.

I wasn't too thrilled by the demo. It was refreshing to see an FPS without regenerating health, though. Bet reviewers are gonna dock it points for that, though.

Disappointed watching the videos. It kinda looks like they went for a look that IMO looks more last-gen. FEAR had a more impressive look and bouncing particles, animations etc. Hmmm... I was really looking forward to this game but that is a bit to rough or rather to "candy-coated" colored for me. :???:

Disappointed watching the videos. It kinda looks like they went for a look that IMO looks more last-gen. FEAR had a more impressive look and bouncing particles, animations etc. Hmmm... I was really looking forward to this game but that is a bit to rough or rather to "candy-coated" colored for me. :???:

Yeah I agree. None of those videos relay a feeling of the intensity and dread of the originals. It's just a glorified shooting gallery now. I just completed extraction point and was looking forward to a similiar but improved experience - so far this looks like it's trying to copy KZ2 and COD4.

I played it, and for some reason, it gave me the same feeling I got playing titles like The Darkness, or Timeshift. It's good, but bundled with a gimmick and some very...uninteresting enemies, it just didn't grab me. That, and nothing really scared me about it.

I really enjoyed first F.E.A.R.
The only thing that's preventing me from buying this one is the fact that Killzone 2 is being released in the same month and i know that's the only game I'll play in the February...

I loved the first FEAR to death, the mood, the atmosphere, the combat and slow mo of that game simply pwns. From the demo it seems they continued on with all that and with improved lighting, particle and special effects. Also the tone seemed even darker and surreal. And Alma is back! So far from the demo it looked tons more impressive than the 1st, cant wait for the full game im pumped.

Waiting F.E.A.R. 2, wondering whether it'll be too paranormal for me or not.
What I liked about the first game was that there was little paranormal in it, subtle touchs making the game surprising at times, plus the story was really good (and horrible).

Waiting F.E.A.R. 2, wondering whether it'll be too paranormal for me or not.
What I liked about the first game was that there was little paranormal in it, subtle touchs making the game surprising at times, plus the story was really good (and horrible).

Indeed, the tense moments and silence between paranormal acts gave FEAR a nice touch.

I hope the story will be presented a little better this time. I hated the answering machines as plot devices, especially as they were often nearly impossible to understand and you couldn't even play them again.

I like that Monolith sticks to non-regenerating health. Managing your resources always adds an extra layer of tension, especially in games with horror elements.

Back