Diablo III - It's official

I've never ever noticed any slowdown in this game, and it's never crashed on me. I am coming up on that part in Act 3 so I'll be looking out for it.

Already level 64 with the Witch Doctor and just finished Act 2 :). That double exp weekend combined with my ability to solo Torment really did the trick.

I've lowered to Master not because I can't win on Torment, but because I can blow through all enemies quickly and with ease on Master. I end up getting more items and gold and exp this way than at a slower pace on Torment. Also I can't kill the treasure pigmies on Torment which sucks :(

Have filled up an entire page of my stash with Legendary items. Very nice :cool:

I've been doing constant runs of the start of willow wood during beginning of Act I just to get my last lore piece called The Hanging Tree. After 40-50 reloads and runs I've gotten a couple of really nice Legendaries but no hanging tree spawn. Ugh.

I've been doing constant runs of the start of willow wood during beginning of Act I just to get my last lore piece called The Hanging Tree. After 40-50 reloads and runs I've gotten a couple of really nice Legendaries but no hanging tree spawn. Ugh.

only 50? Your next major task ought to be near the end of Act II
10 unique Ancient Device outcomes
. :p

only 50? Your next major task ought to be near the end of Act II
10 unique Ancient Device outcomes
. :p

Yeah I saw that achievement last night and noted that I had 1 of them so far. :devilish:

I finally got The Hanging Tree last night so I was able to move on, also picked up a few of my missing dungeons and lore items. I was a bit of an achievement whore in WoW when I played so I know they will bug me until I finish them.

I really don't mind the reloads and grinding at 60 (don't have RoS) as I get to work on my Paragon, only hit 60 last week. Also managed to get a few jeweler and blacksmith recipes as well. All the stuff everyone else has done a year ago :)

I went all out with Fire and Firebats damage on the Witch Doctor at the expense of toughness, though my healing is still very high. I have the Piranhas skill with the Tornado rune that sucks all nearby enemies into it and weakens them. Then I spitroast them with firebats in about 3 seconds flat. It is wonderful!

im messing around with a fire oriented build on my monk too, just as a lark with all the + fire dmg gear i had lying around and a paper dps loss of about 50% it did about the same amount of dmg as my normal gear setup.

so im prolly gonna reroll some of my stuff towards that end.

its funny bc monk doesnt have many skills that do fire damage, but if you use epiphany inner fire and tempest rush at the same time its similar to a conduit shrine. these little fire monks fly out all over the screen and things die quickly its awesome.

the real trick will be getting enough cooldown reduction to keep epiphany up as much as possible, because the build just doesnt work well without it.

I use the Firebats rune that makes firebats have no cost to channel, only to activate it. I can recharge all my mana while roasting 20 demons in my tornadobonfire.

There seems to be two good ways to use Firebats. The one I use is to rune it for no channel cost and get the damage up by other means (gear, passives etc.).
One could also Rune it for more damage and try to compensate for the channeling cost with gear and passives.

My method seems to work very well, but I'm thinking about trying option 2 if I can find the gear to make it work.

This is my completely made up theory btw, there may be other better ways that haven't crossed my mind. I am still very much a Diablo newb after all :)

Had to work really late last night and didn't get to play at all. Not I'm having severe withdrawal symptoms... must.. find.. loot..... :runaway:

When I'm soloing (most of the time lately) I always start on Torment until I
A) find a loot midget
B) Get fucked by a boss that shoots those unstoppable OP freezeballs
Then I lower to Master. The difficulty can be very erratic on Torment, with most enemies dying easily and then an elite monster instakilling me on sight.

BTW my dreams now take place from a top-down perspective and I can use firebats and zombie dogs, probably because I play right up until I go to bed. Can't decide if that's a good thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had 2 Adventurer's Journal drop within a few minutes of each other, I know they have them drop just to try and convince you more to buy RoS.

Yeah I saw that achievement last night and noted that I had 1 of them so far. :devilish:

hehe fwiw, I spent maybe 4 hours straight just trying to get those 10 unique events. >_< Did that on an easier setting just so I could run by everything (with +25% movement speed).

Nearly killed my interest in the game ("Whyyyy am I doing this"). :p

I finally got The Hanging Tree last night so I was able to move on, also picked up a few of my missing dungeons and lore items. I was a bit of an achievement whore in WoW when I played so I know they will bug me until I finish them.

I really don't mind the reloads and grinding at 60 (don't have RoS) as I get to work on my Paragon, only hit 60 last week. Also managed to get a few jeweler and blacksmith recipes as well. All the stuff everyone else has done a year ago :)
lol After a while I just gave up. Damn ghosts and uniques. :devilish:

Had 2 Adventurer's Journal drop within a few minutes of each other, I know they have them drop just to try and convince you more to buy RoS.

Heh, I kind of miss the tactic Blizzard used back with WCII demo where the units would try to convince you to buy the full game after so many clicks. :)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mjolnir-1981/hero/6681894

My wiz now laughs at T1 mobs. Got that amulet last night, and with my lightning build those clones appear every 30 seconds, throwing out time warp bubbles, tornadoes, etc. My electrocute's actual dmg is over 1m now, toughness is 15m.

Nice. I've gotten stuck into a build with mirrorball (+2 magic missiles) and I'm getting a bit tired of it. Although I I'm not gonna complain about 1 (3) shotting most normal mobs on T1, it's hard for me to do anything else because it is so effective.

Mirrorball build?

Anyway John... I really must say your followers' equipment truly rocks! :D

Ya basically I'm just spamming magic missiles with the conflag rune. I have black hole (supermassive) to help get the mobs lined up. My missiles crit for 3.5million and I'm firing 3 at a time.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/entity-2446/hero/36160063 (I think the toughness number is buged - shows about 6-7 mil in game maybe because of One With Everything)

I also have no problem in T1 with my (significantly) lower spec monk. Elites almost rarely kill me and even then it happens when I ran into 2-3 packs at once. Only issue is that I can never seem to be able to beat Belial because of low Dps & activation of the enrage counter.

So my advice homerdog is to go for more toughness. It's always tempting to max DPS for mages, but it's not normal that there are elites able to take you down in just a few shots.

Yeah I figured that out last night. Had to drop down to Master and even then I can get reamed by some elites. Just have to be careful.

Just hit 70 and got my first Paragon points! What's the best use of those? I put them in attack speed because I heard the Paragon point apply to all your characters and my Barb wouldn't really benefit from Intelligence.

Also I will be finding out shortly how this game runs on Sandy Bridge HD3000 graphics, since I'm out of town on the laptop this weekend. All I'm hoping for is playable FPS at 720p with low details.

Each of your characters gets to spend the paragon points how they want. ie your Barb now also has paragon points and each time you gain one so will your barb.

Once you get more than a few to spend it's easy enough to mess around with them and see what works best.

Back