Diablo III - It's official

Nothing past imperial drops. You'll need to find recipes to craft the top gems (from 3 of the previous tier).

1 flawless royal = 3 royal = 9 flawless imperial = 27 imperial = 81 marquis

Combine costs are 200k for imperial, 300k for flawless imperial, 400k for royal and 500k for flawless royal. So making a flawless royal from marquis is 9.8million gold + 81 gems.

Not as many as it used to, as somewhere along the line I believe they changed the game so you only need two of the smaller gems (rather than three) to combine one larger... This is true somewhere up to square or maybe perfect square level.

Incidentally, with the game dropping marquis gems like candy and nothing smaller once you hit level 60, it means it's almost impossible now to get the achieves to craft the largest star gems.

What the hell kind of gear do you have to survive there? I have level 70 legends in every slot and I get pounded into snot at T3, and can't even reliably solo T1. Ordinary mobs, yeah. Most bosspacks, eh, if I have half a fully cleared level to retreat backwards into, sure. Takes time, but I can get them down. Some bosspacks though just OWN me, bad. Even at master it's slow progress for my guy and I don't really know what to do to fix it. Most legends I get are worse than what I already got, and whenever I get an upgrade it's just a few percent effectiveness, when what I'd need is like 100% better.

You need to get your toughness up first and then balance it out by dealing a lot of dmg.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/RobertR1-1803/hero/42276329

that's my build. Having Thunderfury/Thundergod's Vigor/Ball of hate means stupid amounts of Crit procs and dmg

Been doing a bunch of adventure mode with a friend, the rifts can get pretty crazy. Noticed that difficulty at 70 seems to be higher than at 60 for the same rating, though with the gear i've got now I'm all but indestructable in Master on my Barb.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Malosar-1887/hero/45836478

Recent pickups giving me a crazy toughness but lacking a bit in damage now.

My Internet connection is extremely reliable.

So I'm in the middle of a bounty and my connection flakes out for maybe 10 seconds. "You have been disconnected suck a dick and try again later". Fuck off Blizzard. Single player btw.

Might not have been the connection flaking out, but rather Blizzard's game server actually crashing. It happens. If you play with people on your friends list and you all get tossed simultaneously, that's probably what happened...

Also, DDOS attack - also happens, increasingly frequently these days - or just some other bit of weirdness along the pipes, border router having a hiccup and eating all your packets or whatever. Just because your ISP is really reliable doesn't guarantee that the rest of the webs will be; sadly enough.

The age-old debate of online-only or not nonwithstanding; if D3 had not been an online game I would have stopped playing it AGES ago. These games just don't have the gameplay longevity - for me, personally - just running around by myself.

Ok, so that doesn't preclude other people playing it offline, by themselves. Sure. Just not my thing, that's all; I quit playing D2 offline once I got ADSL internet access back in december 2000 and I wouldn't be interested in starting again now (couldn't really get into Sacred or Titan Quest for much the same reason btw.) Since you can't ever allow offline characters to go online (for reasons of cheating, duping and such obvious reasons), there's no real draw to offline play IMO. Yeah, sometimes the game craps out and boots you, or you can't log in, whatever, but on the whole it has worked pretty well after the first couple weeks post-launch of the original game.

Yes in absolute terms, but not enough in percentage to make it worth the downsides of enabling offline play apparantly, since they're not doing it... Anyway, haven't we had this discussion - many times - already? :D D3 always-online-shoe does not fit everyone. We know, and it's regrettable.

When it does fit it can be pretty fun tho. When you don't end up hating the game because of the randomness nature of it, that is. ;)

Since there's no auction house any more and you can choose who you play with, what exactly is the problem? I guess it was built that way because of the auction house, which was another terrible idea.

I don't give a flying fart if someone dupes a set up green armor and plays with their duping friends for a few days till they all get bored. I do give a flying fart if I get lagged out in the middle of a rift, by myself.

I really like the capability of jumping in and out of friends games and they in mine without having to leave a single player and start a multi player game.

The only time I've been disconnected from D3 in the past month was when battle.net went down, which was twice. I'm not really someone who will rant and rave about that, just go and do something else.

Since there's no auction house any more and you can choose who you play with, what exactly is the problem?
Was in a game with 3 other random peeps running a rift earlier today. Ran into two bosspacks at once, one with jailer/desecrate and some other shit, the other with frozen/toxic, so when you got jailed on top of two different area damage effects and then immediately frozen afterwards (still with double area damage rapidly eating up your health), you had no choice but to die.

Random shit like that is very irritating. No amount of skill can save you, it's cake or death, except all the cake's run out.

I don't give a flying fart if someone dupes a set up green armor and plays with their duping friends for a few days till they all get bored.
Blizzard minds, though, and they know from past experience that cheating and griefing scares away players (customers, actually), so they're not going to allow dupers to run rampant in their game.

I do give a flying fart if I get lagged out in the middle of a rift, by myself.
Well, such is the nature of any internet game/activity. Fortunately, there's Torchlight and the like for those who wants offline monster-bashing. :)

Was in a game with 3 other random peeps running a rift earlier today. Ran into two bosspacks at once, one with jailer/desecrate and some other shit, the other with frozen/toxic, so when you got jailed on top of two different area damage effects and then immediately frozen afterwards (still with double area damage rapidly eating up your health), you had no choice but to die.

Random shit like that is very irritating. No amount of skill can save you, it's cake or death, except all the cake's run out.

I ran into a similar situation solo. Only way I was able to beat them was to run around like a madman all over the dungeon while my minions whittled away at the baddies. Took a good 45 minutes, but I only died once. My poor minions had a very bad day though :cry:

BTW if you are playing solo, the best companion seems to be the Templar with the healing skill. If your life gets low, he will instaheal you every 30 seconds.

He has two heals actually, plus the constant health/second buff of a couple thousand/sec, but that is probably very minor on the whole when you have hundreds of thousands of life... *Edit: Actually, one of those heals he tends to cast on himself instead if he gets low on health, so in practice it may only be one after all. :p

Any active B3D's want to connect? I'm fairly active with a T1 Barb and working on a monk as well as a few other lowbies.

I play every night with my Witch Doctor. I can solo t2 pretty easily and even t3 but I die a lot.

Can't remember my gamertag right now, what's yours?

BTW I have a level 70 Barb as well but my gear must suck because he does pathetic damage. :(

No longer playable on the US server thanks to my sucky internet connection.

Anyway time to try that 2.05 patch, I'm willing to see those flashy, disco archons :)

I'm a bit disappointed they did not change the color of the archons, they change the special effects associated with skill though.
Anyway I don't use the archon, too gear dependant.

Back