Diablo III - It's official

I'm now P82, letting me sink (at least) 20 points into each page, and they still only make a dent on your performance; a few percent at most. Barely noticeable.

Getting them up to max is going to be horrendously time-consuming. :p Of course, spending many hundred points by clicking them one at a time is ALSO going to be horrendously time-consuming... UGH! ;)

Check out my wizard's link again and look at the gloves. I'd jumped into a friend's adventure game right before turning bounties in, got a cache, and it dropped those gloves. And, yes, they work.

I'm now P82, letting me sink (at least) 20 points into each page, and they still only make a dent on your performance; a few percent at most. Barely noticeable.

Getting them up to max is going to be horrendously time-consuming. :p Of course, spending many hundred points by clicking them one at a time is ALSO going to be horrendously time-consuming... UGH! ;)

There is no max as you're unlimited in spending points in vitality and your main stat.

You can spend them 10 at a time if you shift click.

Speaking of treasure, anyone know how gold find works on a global level, is 300% the absolute maximum cap, or...? Because when I'm in a torment multiplayer game that level is typically listed as much higher, I think I've hit 500% or even more.

Dunno but speaking of gold, making Imperial gems is pricey. Seems not worth it since Marquis gems are everywhere and are barely any worse.

BTW I'll tell you how this game works on HD3000 graphics: Not Very Well + a little BSOD on the side :p

How does that treasure goblin ring work? When is it summoned? Seems like a really cool side ability with a chance for a legendary? :eek:

When you have the ring equipped a little goblin follows you picking up white/gray items. The chance you'll get a legendary isn't high. I wore one from level 60 to 70 and about 30 paragon levels and never had one legendary drop from him.

Speaking of treasure, anyone know how gold find works on a global level, is 300% the absolute maximum cap, or...? Because when I'm in a torment multiplayer game that level is typically listed as much higher, I think I've hit 500% or even more.

The cap doesn't include difficulty bonus or shrines.

The cap doesn't include difficulty bonus or shrines.
Thank you.

By the way, would you happen to know how the area damage attribute works, would you? :) Nowhere does it state the range, or - at least for the paragon points version - the conditions under which it triggers. Is paragon area damage on every hit then?

Of ALL attacks, including stuff that is natively area damage (such as meteor for example)? Does the area damage hit the mob itself you strike, or just mobs around it?

When you find gear with the attribute "sometimes deal xx% area damage", what percentage exactly is "sometimes"? Shit like that is what I find so frustrating in blizzard games, the deliberate opaqueness in description of items or attributes, making it virtually impossible to judge the quality of an item (or sometimes skill) compared to another without referencing external websites or other forms of expertise. World of warcraft is just crazy full of items that don't list proc rates, particularly when it comes to weapons and trinkets.

I would imagine it's much easier for Blizzard to tweak values for balance without having to justify changes to the masses of forum warriors on the verge of an aneurysm for losing 0.01% of something.

I believe area damage is always just a 20% chance to proc off any hit, 10 yard radius. The value you get is % of weapon damage.

Got my wizard upto a point where I can do t4 with a good team.

T5 seems much more difficult however.

I do feel that the wizards have a tough time scaling to higher difficulties compared to other classes.

What the hell kind of gear do you have to survive there? I have level 70 legends in every slot and I get pounded into snot at T3, and can't even reliably solo T1. Ordinary mobs, yeah. Most bosspacks, eh, if I have half a fully cleared level to retreat backwards into, sure. Takes time, but I can get them down. Some bosspacks though just OWN me, bad. Even at master it's slow progress for my guy and I don't really know what to do to fix it. Most legends I get are worse than what I already got, and whenever I get an upgrade it's just a few percent effectiveness, when what I'd need is like 100% better.

The Witch Doctor can now solo Torment 1 without dying. Haven't ever tried T2 or higher.

I have so many minions including the Gargantuan who makes a great tank, so I usually stay a few feet away from the main pack spewing firebats into oblivion.

However, the secret weapon is my minion dagger midgets. I found a legendary armor that makes them shoot a poison dart each time I do. When I have 5+ of these little guys spewing stunning, high damage darts at a boss it is game over for anything. They can't even get a shot off while their health bar rapidly drops to zero.

I also found a blacksmith plan to make a set of lvl 70 green armor. The reqs to craft it are out of this world, but that's my next quest anyway.

BTW I can complete some bounties on Master without ever firing a shot. Takes some patience, but eventually the minions clean things up nicely.

(4 firezombiedogs, stunning gargantuan, loads of dagger midgets, plus my follower)

So my mate bought be RoS last night as well as himself (he was bored of the same content). We were up till 2am on our 60 barbarians. Really nice expansion, some great scenery and different challenges. It certainly seems to be considerably harder than previous acts, we were definitely struggling in some parts on Master difficulty and we were previously playing Torment through the first Act.

Seems to level you very fast, I hit 67 last night and we just got through the real Passage of Corvus (or whatever it's called). The difference in gem drops was surprising as well. I wasn't even past Star gems before, had barely been combining enough to get those and now it's dropping Marquis and Imperial.

I guess perhaps we're supposed to do Act V on a lower difficulty first?

The gem and gold drops really heat up in Adventure mode. I have dozens of Marquis gems and quite a few Imperial and Flawless Imperial. Haven't ever seen a Flawless Imperial or anything higher drop - the Flawless Imperials I have were crafted.

Also the gem guides I find online are confusing as they list a bunch that I've never seen. Have they changed the way gems work?

Back