Z crash.

sytaylor said:
Damn you, I can't hate anyone connected to a puppy. Its my kryptonite... DAAAAMN...
Well I took Lulu first and Rascal yesterday, today is Molly's turn.

And I thought all the kids at that school liked me before, now it is INSANE!?!?!

It's a good thing though. I need the exercise and my pups need to learn how to control themselves/behave on walks, win/win. :D

Fuck it, I'm gonna run out to the Nissan dealer and pay the Z a visit and see what the what is....I'll bring the camera and report back.

Well, I got to see it and the damage report. The front driverside is getting an entirely new suspension package and both front wheels will be replaced.

Not much body damage at all, only about $1,300 worth...which isn't enough for me to even be able to tell where the body was damaged! :???:

The only things visibly wrong with her are her front rims are scraped up and the left wheel is pushed back into the wheelwell.

Basic said:
Huh? You have miles 5.28 km in length? Dang.
;)

0.25 miles = 0.25*5280 ft/~3 ft/m = ~440 meters

Oops!

City blocks nearly 1/2 km still seem long (4 american football fields?).

AAAAARRRGGHH!!!!!!!

I'm so pissed off right now that I'm worried about my heart!

Insurance companies suck, Nissan repair sucks, telephones suck....
bleh2.gif

digitalwanderer said:
AAAAARRRGGHH!!!!!!!

I'm so pissed off right now that I'm worried about my heart!

Insurance companies suck, Nissan repair sucks, telephones suck....
bleh2.gif

I think you picked the wrong month to quit tokin' :) ;)

Mize said:
I think you picked the wrong month to quit tokin'
Yeah, I've had that feeling a lot lately too.
bleh2.gif

It's weird too, I didn't have that much of an issue with the refurbed ones actually...but my wife did, and I knew when I signed on long ago that sometimes my wife's battles would be mine...

...but this is just fricking RIDICULOUS!!!! :???:

I actually totally lost it on the phone this morning with some poor insurance adjuster. I wasn't even aware of how pissed I was until my wife came up behind me and tentatively laid a hand on my shoulder and whispered, "John, you're shouting at the top of your lungs and sound VERY angry!", that I realized I was screaming at the guy.

Then he got his manager on the line and I proceeded to repeat my performance in the face of condescending adversity... :oops:

After a rather unsatisfactory conclusion to my negotiations with State Farm I called up Nissan to find out just where in the hell they found a stock tire for $800 when it took me ten minutes to google up one for $345? Nissan dealer only deals thru Nissan parts, unless the insurance company specifies otherwise...

Insurance company won't cover two $800 wheels, we're not comfortable/satisfied with them repairing our or replacing them with refurbs due to balance issues and troubles that could lead to with alignment problems....impasse.

Then I find out that the nice lady at the Nissan dealership had NOT went ahead and ordered all the rest of the parts like I had asked her last Thursday, she was waiting for State Farm to get back to her about the wheels first.

:rolleyes:

So this Saturday it'll be 3 weeks since the car has been in the shop and they have done absolutely NOTHING so far on it but to piss me off.

My wife felt extremely sympathetic/sorry for me and agrees they're all being asshats, so she's going out to play "good cop" to our insurance agent and the Nissan dealer before we stop doing business with 'em.

Fuck it, I'll tow the bloody Z to the family garage down the street from me...at least they seem to give a damn about the customers there!

digitalwanderer said:
Fuck it, I'll tow the bloody Z to the family garage down the street from me...at least they seem to give a damn about the customers there!

Yup, do it.

And calm down, it's just a freakin' pile of metal and plastic...

A few things about making a claim:

1. You can request brand new items (not refurbished) and state farm has to honor this.

2. Car dealerships will only order from their factory direct wareshouses and charge a premium. Most respectable repair shops will also order OEM parts from the nearest dealer who in-turn will order from factory direct.

3. Don't deal with State Farm's shit. Pay your deductible, take it to the dealer and make state farm pay for the brand new parts.

Thanks for the advice, of course I'll ignore it but the thought is appreciated. :)

My buddies over at my Z forum made me feel all better about the refurbed wheels, we're going to just let them do it that way and if we have any complaints about the work after it is done we'll take it back and make State Farm fix it properly.

Damn it, I really miss her....ain't she pretty?

CleanZ.jpg

She's sweet...thought I thought you were thinkin' AWD for better snow handling...that G35x would be nice. I need to get a shot of my 300C AWD up here...hard to call it a she though.

Mize said:
She's sweet...thought I thought you were thinkin' AWD for better snow handling...that G35x would be nice. I need to get a shot of my 300C AWD up here...hard to call it a she though.
They make 300's with AWD?!? I did not know that.

No, we thunked about it really hard and figured out that we can't abandon our baby ever...we'd be too sad. It's not just me that is insanely in love with that auto either, my wife has a much worse case of Z love than me!
(She's got us some track time scheduled this summer already...WOOO-HOO!!!!)

We're picking up another vehicle this summer, probably an old jeep. Something cheap, reliable, good in the snow, and sort of fun. Next winter the Z rides it out in the garage.

If you're going to a trackday, check out the Toyo T1-R tires. Street legal but they hook up as good as cut slicks with very smooth predictable slide characteristics.

I got a letter today from Nissan saying the parts we ordered are in and we can pick them up any time. :rolleyes:

After another less-than-pleasant discussion with Nissan I found out the parts came in Saturday and are installed with the exception of the wheels which should be in on Friday.

So Friday we get our Z back.

Back