You know you've been in England too long when...

ChryZ said:
I was always wondering about Marmite. Are there really people, who are enjoying that stuff?!

Marmite.jpg

I've tried it once, it was the horror. How can anyone possible like it?

Totally agree, but i have seen people eating it and enjoying it. A lot too. If there was one thing in the world that is either "total love" or "total disgust", this would be it.
For me, it's a big EWWWW...

ChryZ said:
I was always wondering about Marmite. Are there really people, who are enjoying that stuff?!

Marmite.jpg

Down under we have vegimite which is more or less the same. Its good in MODERATION. If we are struggling to pay the bills then say hot chips on a sandwich with vegimite is rather good as the vegimite is rather salty.

ChryZ said:

Agreed. It's not nearly as nice as Vegemite.
vegejar.gif

I've never really known what stuff that Marmite is, I've seen it in many english series and always thought it is some kind of sweet marmalade. I've wondered why it comes in so small jars.
Now I'm much wiser again, thanks to B3D!

I had to google for Marmite, and found this interesting use for Marmite:
Marmite is very effective as a topical ointment in the treatment of haemorrhoids

rabidrabbit said:
I've never really known what stuff that Marmite is, I've seen it in many english series and always thought it is some kind of sweet marmalade. I've wondered why it comes in so small jars.

I had to google for Marmite, and found this interesting use for Marmite:
Marmite is very effective as a topical ointment in the treatment of haemorrhoids

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

No, it's very salty and i guess it comes in small-ish jars cause u only need a little... I guess...?

rabidrabbit said:

If my memory serves me correctly, it is incredibly bitter stuff, certainly nothing like jam.

Admittedly I've not touched the stuff since I was a young kid - probably about 25 years ago!

Mariner said:
rabidrabbit said:

If my memory serves me correctly, it is incredibly bitter stuff, certainly nothing like jam.

Admittedly I've not touched the stuff since I was a young kid - probably about 25 years ago!

IT'S SALTYYYY!!!

S A L T Y!!!!

So does it actually tast of anything but salty (or bitter?).
I think I'll try and get me a small jar of that, I might even like it.

rabidrabbit said:
So does it actually tast of anything but salty (or bitter?).
I think I'll try and get me a small jar of that, I might even like it.

It tastes like..... urgh..... kind of very very salty meat.......... i think, i've tried to remove the memory of that taste....

This thread has reminded me to get some Marmite, been ages since I had any.
I wonder if I will need to re-adjust the amount I used to add to my toast....

Twiglets are the snack of the gods. Bottle of vodka and big bag of twiglets, heaven.

Twiglets are the snack of the gods
Try Wasabi Peas!

crackers-peas-wasabi.jpg

Usually very easy to get at asian food stores.
The best are those tin-canned, thai ones:

B0001E1IM4.01-A3LS7JPK8UUPY4.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I do not snack a lot, but for those I would kill :devilish:

london-boy said:
10. You expect men to actually cut, comb and style their hair (using hair products). And to wear decent clothes. Jeans and a T-shirt are no longer socially acceptable.

Damn, that explains a lot :oops:

K-

Back