Xbox Series... M?

I'd be satisfied with merely a typical tablet with joystick controls meant for local game streaming and xCloud streaming.

Supposedly the Alienware Ufo prototype was running at 65 watts. AMD Cezanne APU can run at 35-45 watts. Yes, it's Vega, but it's not out of the realm they could ship a Zen3/RDNA2 APU by 2022/2023 that does that in dock mode. It could run lower than 35 watts in portable mode if uses 720p instead of 1080p/1440p that the Series S runs at. I don't think it's out of line to think Microsoft could reach those goals.

Tommy McClain

Not happening until they can shrink a Series S down to sub 20 watts.

Supposedly the Alienware Ufo prototype was running at 65 watts. AMD Cezanne APU can run at 35-45 watts. Yes, it's Vega, but it's not out of the realm they could ship a Zen3/RDNA2 APU by 2022/2023 that does that in dock mode. It could run lower than 35 watts in portable mode if uses 720p instead of 1080p/1440p that the Series S runs at. I don't think it's out of line to think Microsoft could reach those goals.

Tommy McClain

Series S running gears 5 peak power is 82.5w .

Drop to 5nm
Newer generation zen (more efficient clock for clock)
Newer generation navi (more efficient clock for clock)
More efficent GDDR (perhaps infinity cache can save power here)
Put the surface team in charge of the design and cooling

I dunno will be interesting to see what happens

Not happening until they can shrink a Series S down to sub 20 watts.
Honestly i think this is limiting the imagination too much. Plenty of succesful portable electronics use more than that, not everything needs to be tiny with a 2 day battery life.

Come on Microsoft, just do it!

Just give me XBone games in a handheld format and I'll give you my money. It's that simple.
But please, just don't do a cloud thing. That's worthless to most gamers.

Honestly i think this is limiting the imagination too much. Plenty of succesful portable electronics use more than that, not everything needs to be tiny with a 2 day battery life.

The nintendo switch has a 3570mAh battery. Its the same capacity as the much smaller and thinner duo. The galaxy s21 ultra has a 5000mAh battery
You can see how small the s21 ultra battery is in terms of total size of the device https://inerd4u.com/blogs/my-rss-fe...wn-shows-off-samsung-s-100x-space-zoom-camera

If you do something the size of the dell ufo https://www.engadget.com/2020-01-06-dell-concept-ufo-portable-gaming-pc.html

You could do a lot of cooling and a pretty decent sized battery in there. It would just be about cost

unfortunately I've lost track of my contact updates since covid, but my fingers crossed =P

I would expect more of a laptop 3 + than a laptop 4 imo. MS seems to be a step behind each hardware upgrade in their product line sadly. I do wonder if we will see the pro 8 and resigned laptop and book series this year

If a Surface Desktop PC released with the Anaconda SOC, I'd pre-order that in a heartbeat. Considering demand for current gen consoles, however, I'm not holding my breath on that until demand eases up significantly.

But even more than that I would kill for a Surface Display with 3:2 ratio. I'd kill for a 3:2 instead of 16:9 display to use.

Regards,
SB

Because at the moment the market is so much flooded with xbox that make sense to divert the surplus in another segment

maybe having an 'xbox mode' is how they intend to solve the game problem on windows 10X? It makes a lot of sense really, we know that games arent really intended to work on 10X yet, it doesnt even have win32 support right now. If they made a higher end windows 10X machine using the series s soc they could run it with some parts of the chip disabled to improve power efficiency, then boot into xbox mode and you have a ton of games

A 3:2 display... :love:https://www.huaweicentral.com/huaweis-upcoming-mateview-monitor-will-produce-minimum-pixel-resolution-of-30002000-with-90hz-refresh-rate-or-above/

Not on april 27th?

The last rumours are, that the upcoming Surface Laptop 3+/4 would have an AMD Ryzen 5-4680U or Ryzen 7 4980U CPU.

10am est there are huge calls scheduled for today around new devices internally for all the sales teams. So it should be anounced soon. The sales people find out after everyoen else so nothing is leaked unless your tented

10am est there are huge calls scheduled for today around new devices internally for all the sales teams. So it should be anounced soon. The sales people find out after everyoen else so nothing is leaked unless your tented
by new devices do you mean new form factors? or updates to existing product lines?

https://www.windowscentral.com/surface-laptop-4-announce

laptop 4 announced

Let's cut to the chase and go over what is new. Microsoft is sticking with the existing formula for the 13.5 and 15-inch models while making minor adjustments:

• Intel 11th Gen Core processors with Iris Xe Graphics
  • AMD Ryzen 4000 and Radeon Graphics Surface Edition
  • Up to 32GB of RAM and 1TB storage (Intel only)
  • No more 128GB option (256GB or higher)
  • Dolby Atmos spatial-audio
  • Ice Blue with Alcantara (13.5-inch Intel only)
  • Consumer availability of AMD and Intel models
  • Commercial availability of AMD and Intel models
  • Up to 70% performance improvement
  • Battery jumps from 11.5 hours to 17 to 19 hours
  • Slightly faster Windows Hello login
  • 15-inch models are only Core i7 or AMD Ryzen 7
  • Same $999 starting price (AMD Ryzen 5, 256GB, 8GB)
  • AMD models now have Wi-Fi 6 and LPDDR4x

Back