XBox related rumor

bbot

Regular
Someone on teamxbox posted this. Since this guy is supposedly a MS rep, maybe Ben Skywalker might know what he/she is talking about.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh... My... God... you GUYS....
I write a little thing like that, and go off to work. I come back nine hours later, there's 12000 hits to my thread? People are speculating everything from Final Fantasy on the Xbox to "Microsoft Writes A Check, Buys Japan."

Maybe some of you forgot that I'M A ROAD REP! Nobody's gonna tell me that MS just bought Capcom, or Nintendo just went second party or anything like that!

After all of this, I'm afraid of telling you what it was all about. It is a big deal, at least to A ROAD REP, but not nearly of the caliber you're making it out to be.

Christmas will be a heated competition between all three companies. I've heard a very interesting rumor about Nintendo (that doesn't involve it being sold, so don't go there.) I've heard practically nothing from Sony, and the last couple of times they tried to do something clever, it blew up in their face, so if they DO have something, bring it on...
But MS has some bullets in their gun, and one of them goes off soon.

This thing has been blown so out of proportion (and you're right, some of the fluff was hilarious. TAMPAX stock climbed 22% in nine hours.)

So basically, what is it? Well, it's not MAGIC related in any way, so drop that.

Yeah, I'm stalling. Like I said, after all of this, I'm a little afraid of posting it, because it's not Total Global Domination or anything.

Be patient. A couple of days, and then you can get the rotten tomatoes out.

Sony's got a leg up on us in a couple of ways. One of them goes away later this week. That's all.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm more interested in knowing what the MS suprise is all about. Sony has a leg up on them in the following areas:

1. Installed base
2. Number of games
3. Support from japan

Anyone think of any more?

The Nintendo rumour is that Ninty has an assload of online games well into development. Mariokart, SSB Online, Pikmin, Mario Party Online, Pokemon, etc.

I wouldnt put it passed Nintendo. Everyone thinks they have nothing for online..I'll bet they are fooling alot of the competition.

Then again..our Sony rep said that MS is going "sofware only cause the Xbox is failing so badly..and are going to dev for PS2 and 3". He also said that Nintendo are already into development with a "MArio game for PS3".

I've found that these "reps" are the most uninformed people about video games. And they are so full of shit (alot of them are) that it aint even funny. So I'd take any thing he says with the preverbial grain of salt.

Johnny Awesome said:
My guess: PSX compatibility for Xbox with Bleem for Xbox.

Ya know what. Even if turns out not to be true, that's a damn fine guess. Sounds kinda plausible to me.

Goldni said:
I wouldnt put it passed Nintendo. Everyone thinks they have nothing for online..I'll bet they are fooling alot of the competition.

I bet you're wrong.

One of the teamxbox moderators of the forum suggested that perhaps XBox's inability to play DVDs without the optional DVD remote will be addressed.
Perhaps the DVD remote will be included in the box. Pehaps you will no longer need a DVD remote for new XBoxes.

bbot said:
One of the teamxbox moderators of the forum suggested that perhaps XBox's inability to play DVDs without the optional DVD remote will be addressed.
Perhaps the DVD remote will be included in the box. Pehaps you will no longer need a DVD remote for new XBoxes.

Hey, that sounds very plausible. Makes sense from what he was saying too...

Evil Avatar.com site Gremlins send along word that starting on October 15th Microsoft will launch the new package bundle for the Xbox console system. The new package will contain the Xbox console, a Controller S, and two full version Sega games on one DVD: Sega Rally & JetSet Radio Future. The system price will stay the same.

http://www.evilavatar.com/

That would certainly be interesting.

mech said:
Goldni said:

I bet you're wrong.

bet me, and put some money on it.
because I know for a fact they are.
its been confirmed in interviews that they have online games up thier sleeve, they wont tell which ones, but did Hint Mario Karts Multiplay will be unlike it ever has.

Quote:
Evil Avatar.com site Gremlins send along word that starting on October 15th Microsoft will launch the new package bundle for the Xbox console system. The new package will contain the Xbox console, a Controller S, and two full version Sega games on one DVD: Sega Rally & JetSet Radio Future. The system price will stay the same.

http://www.evilavatar.com/

That would certainly be interesting.

Yep, that is what he is most likely talking about, JSRF and Sega GT getting bundled with the system starting October 15. He is a road rep, so this is something he would know about.

its been confirmed in interviews that they have online games up thier sleeve

Right, just like it was confirmed that nothing was going on with Rare. We all know how that ended...

That bundle deal sound sweet!

I don't know, but personally I really like the original Xbox controller.. the S just doesnt do it for me. Does this mean that MS is going to make S the default?

And Sega Rally? I thought that was only coming out for GBA? Or is this a quickie-DC-port job for the sake of the bundle?

And Oct. 15th is fast approaching, MS will have some irrate customers if they don't announce it soon (ie: poor saps who bought an Xbox & JSRF Oct 14th :p)

zurich

You guys should see the bundles we get here in Aus.

For AUS$370 (US$185) I got an Xbox, Halo, Fuzion Frenzy and a DVD Remote.

In a few months they're bringing out another package, for $450 (US$225) you get an XBox, Rallisport and Project Gotham Racing, and some book by a race-car driver or something... Not sure if that comes with the DVD remote or not.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I think maybe Sega GT as well...

zurich said:
That bundle deal sound sweet!

I don't know, but personally I really like the original Xbox controller.. the S just doesnt do it for me. Does this mean that MS is going to make S the default?

And Sega Rally? I thought that was only coming out for GBA? Or is this a quickie-DC-port job for the sake of the bundle?

And Oct. 15th is fast approaching, MS will have some irrate customers if they don't announce it soon (ie: poor saps who bought an Xbox & JSRF Oct 14th :p)

zurich

That site screwed up, it is actually Sega GT 2002 not Sega Rally.

From that spanish site I posted earlier;
cajan2.jpg

i remember reading somewhere (don't remember the site though) that Sega wants MS to pack in their games with each console, or they won't develop for Xbox anymore (or something along that line, i really don't remember the exact detail)

and now i found out about this bundle, doesn't seems like a coincidence to me

-aneep-

Back