Xbox One (Durango) Technical hardware investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
that is the maximum power rating, there is headroom because after use, every year the powersupply will drop in maximum output.

edit: unless you were hinting at... undocumented extra parts?.. because in that case you were pretty discreet ...:cool:

If it's legit there are 50 watts more than the maximum power rating at 360s Xenon revision power supply. Xenon had 90nm with separated GPU and CPU. For me seems a lot of power for that 28nm APU. DDR3, bluray drive and 2.5" HDD should not take too much.

Anyway, for me it's a complete surprise from Microsoft, given it's fears about 360 overheating and RROD above all at first revisions.

If it's legit there are 50 watts more than the maximum power rating at 360s Xenon revision power supply.

The launch 360 looks weird - it drew up to 180W from the wall, whilst the PSU was apparently only rated at 203W.

I'd be very surprised if a generation+1 PSU has that kind of ratio. (MS seem to imply on their site that the 360 PSU was actually rated at 245W/280W).

So maximum power consumption = 253.03Wh - maximum Output = 214.8

Am I right in thinking that considering these values the efficiency of the power supply would be around 85% (214.8/253.03) at max Load... That´s actually quite good

The real question is what unit is Wh in Spanish? We have something in France we call "watt heure" could translate into Watt hora in Spanish?
Though it is a measurement of energy not "power" ( like the difference between Watts vs Joules) and the number is weird as in that context it would be too tiny, it would require a K in front of Wh and it would related to a pretty low power draw.
Calculation goes like that, Power (in Watts) x3.6 = xx in (KWh) Which in this case would be mean 70 Watts under use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, but your calculations are wrong

1 Wh = 3600 Ws (Wattseconds) = 3600 Joule = 3,6 Kilojoule (kJ)

253.03Wh => System consumes 253.03 Watts in 1 hour

So maximum power consumption = 253.03Wh - maximum Output = 214.8

Am I right in thinking that considering these values the efficiency of the power supply would be around 85% (214.8/253.03) at max Load... That´s actually quite good

It's hard to know what the numbers mean, but AFAICT:
- drawing 4.91A at ~110V AC suggests an actual rating nearer 500W.
- Wh are typically used in billing, so I'd suggest any such figure indicates 'average' or 'maximum' realistic power draw over time?
- the second Wh is 'standby' mode at "0.11Wh".

One slight worry is that for a PSU straight off the factory floor, it doesn't look very new... and the presence of Chinese, along with lack of certification symbols & a single legible font may indicate that it isn't a final unit (i.e. this might be a devkit PSU?).

If it's legit there are 50 watts more than the maximum power rating at 360s Xenon revision power supply. Xenon had 90nm with separated GPU and CPU. For me seems a lot of power for that 28nm APU. DDR3, bluray drive and 2.5" HDD should not take too much.

Anyway, for me it's a complete surprise from Microsoft, given it's fears about 360 overheating and RROD above all at first revisions.

are you talking about the launch 360? Because the maximum was 280 watts, so this would be 30 watts less.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/console-power/power-supply

The Xbox 360 power supply contains an internal fuse that helps protect your console from too-high voltage and power surges. However, the PSU is a sealed unit. Therefore, you cannot replace the internal fuse. The power supply is rated for of 245 watts of continuous power and 280 watts of maximum power.

and like others have said, the benchmarks pegged the 360 usually around 180-185 during gaming.

Also you didn't take Kinect in to account. I think people are underestimating the amount of watts Kinect uses if the thing requires a fan to keep it cool.

Sorry, but your calculations are wrong

1 Wh = 3600 Ws (Wattseconds) = 3600 Joule = 3,6 Kilojoule (kJ)

253.03Wh => System consumes 253.03 Watts in 1 hour
hum... that is why I wrote it would need a K in front. Usually while I was doing some electricity (and in other fields) it was done quite often to use 3.6 instead of 3600 and simply change the units accordingly (from Meter per second to say kilometer per hours -> multiply by 3.6)

Anyway if Wh is a unit related to energy (as Joules), the numbers doesn't make much sense to me.
Either way as I know some people do they simply use Wh instead of KWh as for most devices commonly used for which that type of unit is used that is not irrelevant burn more the one KWh.

Anyway any Spanish or People from South America around here?
EDIT
I think I just got your answer, though what you write is that the number relates to 253 joules burnt in one hour and a lot less idle, it is peanut, or peanut dust more precisely.
Either way I think more and more they passed on the K for the reason I stated above.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Xbox 360 power brick have all the back sticker text in english and chinese, not spanish words (I bought my Xbox 360 Slim on Mexico). It is weird to read two sentences on spanish.

Probably because its a clone. I think some Chinese company is selling Xbox One power brick shells with non Xbox One internals.

Given that the first part is english/chinese, the second is spanish and then the third is english/chinese makes me wonder if copy and paste was used to produce the sticker.

Probably because its a clone. I think some Chinese company is selling Xbox One power brick shells with non Xbox One internals.

Given that the first part is english/chinese, the second is spanish and then the third is english/chinese makes me wonder if copy and paste was used to produce the sticker.

Posted on reddit:

http://i.imgur.com/TJnLy6J.jpg

Left: Northamerican (dev kit)
Right: International.

Legit?

According to my google Fu

Xenon (2005-2006)
Original design – November 2005 (Launch)
90nm CPU, 90nm GPU, 90nm eDRAM
Identified by:

203W power supply
16,5A next to the 12V line on console’s serial label
Photos at http://www.360drives.com/howto#xenon

Xenon (first 360 version) used somewhat less output power than this rumored X1 (prototype?) PSU. 203W vs ~220.

That's surprising I guess.

Though there is Kinect to consider. I'm not sure a motorless Kinect would draw a lot, but that extra 15 watts might be in play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back