Xbox Live Spring Update

While none of the new features are great IMO, browsing the dashboard is much much faster now. This is excellent :cool:

Nothing groundbreaking, but I love the new achievement pop-up too. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda wierd seeing 5 blades(especially when your on the System blade), but overall I like the new update. Now if I could just get the little keyboard.

Tommy McClain

I've got one, my mate too.

I have noticed that people that have launch units that post there are also posting success. It looks like there is only one or two people there so far that have posted a bricking. But it is early morning, so we will see. On a side note Majornelson.com was/is down...

It looks like there is only one or two people there so far that have posted a bricking. But it is early morning, so we will see.

Yup.

These reports pop-up with every other (auto) update. I doubt it is substantial though.

And somehow it never happens to any of my friends...

Wow I could feel my heart jump. When I did the update and started playing Lost Planet the colors were all fuzzy like I was playing through composite and the screen was jittering every few seconds. After a power cycle it was cleared up.

Like the new Marketplace blade. Not looking forward to achievements having more info when they pop-up. I never liked them and would like an option to turn them off.

What a mature response.

I don't see how it's very different from hi-score lists, and since those are more or less the roots of video games...

Anyway, I like 'm.
I never liked hi-score lists/counters either. I've been playing games through several difficulties and collecting all items and making little goals for myself in games long before achievements.

I never liked hi-score lists/counters either. I've been playing games through several difficulties and collecting all items and making little goals for myself in games long before achievements.

I love it. I remember playing QTE Boxing in Shenmue on the Dreamcast for weeks because there was one other guy who kept on beating my top hi-score every other day.

Fun. Childish maybe - like every other game - but most importantly: fun. :)

By the way, I don't see how making goals for yourself is a lot different, but if you don't like 'm be my guest.

I love it. I remember playing QTE Boxing in Shenmue on the Dreamcast for weeks because there was one other guy who kept on beating my top hi-score every other day.

Fun. Childish maybe - like every other game - but most importantly: fun. :)
I don't consider hi-score lists/counters childish like I do with achievements. I just don't like either of them. I remember when I played Super Mario Bros. and thinking the score counter was lame. I guess I didn't like how it tried to create incentive for people to play games. If I'm going to spend a lot of time playing a game it's going to be purely based on the gameplay, nothing else. And I don't like competitive atmospheres(my score's better than yours!!!!).

30210-2.jpg

Getting reports over at TXB that the update is bricking some Launch units (that are still alive).

Here:

Old PAL launch unit, post update = Fine
NTSC Elite unit, post update = Fine

Downloaded the update prior to going to work. Left the launch unit downloading a 1GB demo of C&C3 and turned it off - we'll see how the "unit-off" downloading is going when I get back (I noted that there was still actively on the port the router that 360 is plugged in to, even though it was "off").

This also tends to indicate that my Marketplace content for what I care about - game updates and Arcade games, isn't affected by the new restrictions, which is a good thing.

From the quick browse of the Marketplace blade, so far I'm liking it better than I expected to. Its a shame that adding a new blade means that it won't be skinned like the others can.

PAL launch unit fine here too, unit-off downloading works great. Haven't had time to look at all the changes in detail though, something for me to do later. I noticed that I only turned on my Xbox 360 because I saw the update was out, though :cry: Shows how much free time I have these days, sigh.

Does anyone here use Tversity? I am at work so I can't test what I am hearing about it not streaming videos after the update.

Back