• Mobile hardware strategy

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Slim Revision hardware strategy

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • This will be a nothing burger

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • *new* Xbox Games for Mobile Strategy

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • *new* Executive leadership changes (ie: named leaders moves/exits/retires)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
$500?? Nah... $700.
What does the PS5 pro have that would warrant a 700$ price? Same CPU, pretty much same memory, same ssd, probably similar design/construction. Rdna 3 gpu's are also much better optimized for size (165% more transistors per cu, which sounds like bulls**t to me but that's what amd is saying) so similar size to the launch PS5.

This is either a 600$ max console, or it will replace the base console at 550$, while the base goes to 450$ (it has been sold at 429€ in Europe this November, so cutting it to 450$ doesn't sound impossible 6 months from now.)

They can do it this way until the new Xbox comes out.

The basic console is there, the masses can buy it cheaper than before and benefit from the pro version. If it's an extra $100 on a pro model and they only sell 5 million units, still make $500 million.

Last edited:
I'm talking about the current xbox series x. It needs to be $400 for this holiday season
At the Xbox Show, the driveless Series X will be introduced (perhaps immediately available), which will probably only cost $400. But we know very well that the most important thing is to present the many games.

Significant sales could only be achieved with a $200 Series S at the moment.
Or with a $300 mobile Xbox, BOOM!!

Last edited:
Actually, there's no evidence Sony pulled many Xbox customers away and I don't know anyone who switched either way. Many Xbox One users haven't upgraded to a Series console yet. The digital ecosystem lock-ins are a real thing. There are slowly some new entrants (teens, for instance) that can be swayed and likely a very slow bleed to PC, but for the most part gamers are buying the same console they did last time.
While PS5 sales went through the roof after supply outstripped demand XBox sales fell completely apart. This is as much evidence as you can get.

At the Xbox Show, the driveless Series X will be introduced (perhaps immediately available), which will probably only cost $400. But we know very well that the most important thing is to present the many games.

Significant sales could only be achieved with a $200 Series S at the moment.
Or with a $300 mobile Xbox, BOOM!!

I think $400 for the discless and $500 for the disc version is to high. The ps5 pro is likely to hit $500-$550. Ms would need to be $350/$450 or $400/$450. Series S needs to be $200/$250.

I also don't think a mobile xbox will be shown in june. If you are going to see new hardware it will be at the game awards in the fall and will have a 2025 release date.

The answer simple: because they can, period.
sure they can, and many people would buy it. However, if they want to reach the masses, a 700$ console is almost the salary of a lot of people. I'd certainly get a handheld hybrid close to that price if it's capable enough in every way, but a desktop console, if they follow tradition, is expensive at that price.

Sometimes I think of the success of the Nintendo Wii and Kinect (which also contributed to the success of the X360). How the hell is it possible that the 100+ million user base who enjoyed the movement in front of the TV was completely abandoned by the console manufacturers?! What a missed opportunity for years... Maybe they could build on this kind of user experience and get a lot of new users.

What if they simply integrated it into the next console and made such games in a modern style as a service. It is technologically mature enough to cheaply integrate a Kinect 3 into the console. Ok, just an idea.

Sometimes I think of the success of the Nintendo Wii and Kinect (which also contributed to the success of the X360). How the hell is it possible that the 100+ million user base who enjoyed the movement in front of the TV was completely abandoned by the console manufacturers?! What a missed opportunity for years... Maybe they could build on this kind of user experience and get a lot of new users.

What if they simply integrated it into the next console and made such games in a modern style as a service. It is technologically mature enough to cheaply integrate a Kinect 3 into the console. Ok, just an idea.
now that you mention it, Kinect is still used nowadays (I've seen it used in a video about biking to find the most comfortable position for people on a bike). I still have the Xbox One Kinect at home.

In the case of the Wii it's maybe that it was some kind of a fad, like Rock Band and Guitar Hero? Nothing stops Nintendo from trying, like they did with Nintendo Labo. As for Kinect, maybe it wasn't good enough nor there were killer apps for it.

AI stuff is another great alternative, although a lot of companies are going AI -i.e. ps5 pro-.

Microsoft is an unique company, there is the traditional console market which imho they aren't going to leave, but they have other fronts to cover, like Windows or DirectX, thus I am hopeful that we'll see a hybrid device that could be very interesting or pave the way to create OEM Windows devices that are actually easy to use for anyone.

IMHO for most people Kinect was a "fashion" gimmick they bought because it felt fresh and not because it provided a gaming experience with extended staying power.

While PS5 sales went through the roof after supply outstripped demand XBox sales fell completely apart. This is as much evidence as you can get.
Hardly. Higher PS5 sales and lower Xbox sales do not necessarily mean that people are switching. I don't know anyone who switched and don't think it's happening much. We can agree to disagree.

Huh? Only because MS sold 57 million X1s doesn't mean these people still have one and play on them to be still a Xbox user which would potentially upgrade.
It's simple logic. I said many Xbox One users hadn't upgraded to a Series console yet. That's a true statement. Maybe you read something more into it.

now that you mention it, Kinect is still used nowadays (I've seen it used in a video about biking to find the most comfortable position for people on a bike). I still have the Xbox One Kinect at home.

In the case of the Wii it's maybe that it was some kind of a fad, like Rock Band and Guitar Hero? Nothing stops Nintendo from trying, like they did with Nintendo Labo. As for Kinect, maybe it wasn't good enough nor there were killer apps for it.

AI stuff is another great alternative, although a lot of companies are going AI -i.e. ps5 pro-.

Microsoft is an unique company, there is the traditional console market which imho they aren't going to leave, but they have other fronts to cover, like Windows or DirectX, thus I am hopeful that we'll see a hybrid device that could be very interesting or pave the way to create OEM Windows devices that are actually easy to use for anyone.
kinect lives on in hololens and MS is still working on it.

I think for consumers they have abandoned it because of gamers insane hatred of it.

I don't get what the point of an OEM Xbox would be, without subsidizing it via the store (which wouldn't really be doable with an OEM system unless they all had their own stores, defeating the purpose of the brand entirely) the box would be too expensive.

I also don't see why Xbox losing the generation has to mean they change up their entire strategy, my take is things will continue business as usual since Microsoft obviously isn't in any financial trouble and the Xbox division has gone on a spending spree lately. Just because PS is more popular doesn't mean Xbox is a failed project.

kinect lives on in hololens and MS is still working on it.

I think for consumers they have abandoned it because of gamers insane hatred of it.

Flat screen was ultimately the wrong place for the tech, where it was just an expensive novelty. The Quests essentially took that type of technology forward.

Flat screen was ultimately the wrong place for the tech, where it was just an expensive novelty. The Quests essentially took that type of technology forward.
Oh I don't know, kinect could be used for a lot of great things like head tracing and face over ip.

Back