• Mobile hardware strategy

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Slim Revision hardware strategy

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • This will be a nothing burger

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • *new* Xbox Games for Mobile Strategy

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • *new* Executive leadership changes (ie: named leaders moves/exits/retires)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Xbox boss reacts to Indiana Jones announcement on PS5 by recalling the results of bringing Xbox games to PlayStation.

He mentions that at the 32:30 mark in the video, approx.

He also mentions that we just have to anticipate that there will be more changes.

"The last thing I'm gonna say is that right now, there is a lot of pressure in the industry, it's been growing for a long time and now people are looking for ways to grow. And I think that we just have to anticipate that there will be more changes, and how some on the traditional ways and how games are designed and distributed, that's going to change for all of us, but the end result is that more people can play and for us not to be focused on that, we'd be focusing on the wrong things, so for us, the health of Xbox, the health of our platform, and the growth of our games are the most important things.".

He's preparing the ground for MS being a major 3rd party publisher. This is the new business model. The implications on their gaming hw arent clear yet. I see Sony is continuing to adapt their hw by bringing down the cost to manufacture each system as well as making a pro model but looking at the 2TB discless Series X, it seems they really dont have a budget to invest in redesigning the hw. I find this similar to their marketing budget for Xbox, you barely see any ads for Xbox maybe gamepass on the internet.

So, I keep seeing 3rd party games not getting Xbox releases. The latest is this: https://www.eurogamer.net/caravan-sandwitch-review

Steam, Switch, and PS5, but not Xbox.

1) Why is this?
2) That's pretty off-putting for the platform. Xbox will be the one machine where you don't get all the games. not even MS exclusives which come to PC and PS5.
No $$ to be made.
I think you’re seeing blowback from gamepass. Xbox community is all subbed up, and purchasing of titles is going down. They won’t port to Xbox without some sort of gamepass deal otherwise there is no profit to be made.

That's my suspicion, but then it seems GP backfired. XB is the console you buy if you want to play GP and whatever games are on it. If you want the freedom to get any game anywhere, buy some other platform. PC is far and away the better option for MS gaming now as you have GP as an option (although not the same library yet?) plus every game under the sun including Steam indies. XBSX vs PS5, PS5 offers more games. XBSS is the budget console and only affordable one, but the library is somewhat constrained.

GamePass turned Xbox into a 'Netflix console'.

That's my suspicion, but then it seems GP backfired. XB is the console you buy if you want to play GP and whatever games are on it. If you want the freedom to get any game anywhere, buy some other platform. PC is far and away the better option for MS gaming now as you have GP as an option (although not the same library yet?) plus every game under the sun including Steam indies. XBSX vs PS5, PS5 offers more games. XBSS is the budget console and only affordable one, but the library is somewhat constrained.

The model has changed for sure. The gamepass deals are lucrative, because gamepass gets so many people playing and trying your title. It’s highly desirable and sought after for indies. They are likely to make all the other platforms and hold out on Xbox until they get one. Personally I don’t know. The competition is fierce to get a deal, gamepass only allows so many titles active at one time.

Xbox can get back into a more traditional retail model but their user base needs to expand greatly. Likely I see most of this growth through PC and cloud streaming (with title ownership) however. The console space, may not yield much until they have a large library of games that people desire.

Honestly at this point I'm a bit concerned. I plan on playing GTA 6 on my Series X since the PS5 pro is offensively priced. I just hope MS doesnt mess around with Rockstar and lead to a delay of the Series launch, because at that point I'll just buy a PS5 pro.

Back